Page 546 of 1135 FirstFirst ... 464464965365445455465475485565966461046 ... LastLast
Results 5,451 to 5,460 of 11343

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 546

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Sometimes, you have to take a really roundabout path to get to the same place that you tried to get to with the direct path. It took me doing a Whole30 to really stick with primal and even embrace the 20%. I need a 20% to keep myself from going overboard and sabotaging myself. Everybody's n=1 path doesn't have to look normal .
    Very sage statement.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Reflections
    It dawned on me today that I did not binge over the weekend for the first time in a month. I felt like crap yesterday, but I suffered through the headache and ate as well as I could. I allowed a little wiggle room in my cals and macros to help me get through.
    Having hit a new 1 year low yesterday morning, I am feeling hopeful. My size 14s fit again, so I suddenly have cute stuff to wear. I hope to hit the teens next week. I am only 13 lbs from my all time Primal low. Believe me, there will be some serious celebrating when I hit 210. My lofty goal is to be 199 by May 1st.
    This combo of macros and calories just feels good and sustainable. I am eating only real food. No more BPCs, artificial sweeteners, bad oils. I am actually eating true Paleo for the first time. It makes me feel healthier even though not much has changed. Dropping dairy was huge, but I don't miss it that much. From now on, cheese and cream will be cooking condiments rather than foods I need to eat to hit certain macros.
    this is smart and has been something I have been thinking about as well recently. That alone would be a good reason to give up the dairy. I am almost out of HWC, it will be gone by today. I think my congestion issues will improve once it is gone.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Wt. 222.7 same*
    FBS 85 down
    Ketones large

Macros 75/20/5 1400ish cals

* I have seen a pattern in my weight loss. I usually lose on Sat or Sun morning, and then maintain the same low weight for the rest of the week. So, I should not be frustrated seeing the same weight for days on end. Besides, I have already lost my goal 3.5 lbs for the week.

I am feeling generally good. I had some binge cravings yesterday, but took a tsp of l-glutamine and ate a good dinner and was fine. I believe the problem is ovulation.

Off on a snow day today, believe it or not. My husband tried to get home from work last night but couldn't get up the hill. He slept at his firehouse. We have 6 inches of icy snow with freezing rain on top.

I'll be around today. I guess I should make plans to accomplish something around the house.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Wt. 222.7 same*
    FBS 85 down
    Ketones large

Macros 75/20/5 1400ish cals

* I have seen a pattern in my weight loss. I usually lose on Sat or Sun morning, and then maintain the same low weight for the rest of the week. So, I should not be frustrated seeing the same weight for days on end. Besides, I have already lost my goal 3.5 lbs for the week.

I am feeling generally good. I had some binge cravings yesterday, but took a tsp of l-glutamine and ate a good dinner and was fine. I believe the problem is ovulation.

Off on a snow day today, believe it or not. My husband tried to get home from work last night but couldn't get up the hill. He slept at his firehouse. We have 6 inches of icy snow with freezing rain on top.

I'll be around today. I guess I should make plans to accomplish something around the house.
    Rest is primal!

Why Drop All Sweeteners? This is the most complete answer to this question I have ever seen. To read the entire article go to: The Dish on Sugar & Sweeteners | Balanced Bites | Holistic & Paleo Nutrition Education

"1. ALL sweeteners, caloric or non-caloric, can contribute to weight-gain or prohibit weight loss.

Contrary to the popular belief that only calories can impact your waistline, there is strong evidence to suggest otherwise. Studies have shown that any sweet sensation can cause an insulin release in your body. When our bodies release insulin, we are in a storage-mode since insulin’s job is to put nutrients into your cells. Most people who consume artificial sweeteners are thinking that they’re doing themselves a favor by avoiding calories, but what’s happening in their bodies is pretty much the opposite of their goal.
    Here’s how it goes…
    Eat something sweet (regardless of calories) > Insulin is released > Body stores nutrients.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but when you were taking in that non-caloric sweetener, you were trying to avoid storing anything, right? The point was that you were avoiding consuming calories and maybe even trying to lose some body fat. Well, here’s the newsflash. It’s just not going to work.
    Granted, there are some people out there who are not overweight and who consume non-caloric/chemical sweeteners. Maybe they’re not having the same weight loss problems that others are, but they are still going to incur negative effects of putting those chemicals into their system.
    But don’t take my word for it. Here are just a few of the studies published on the topic of the metabolic effects and insulin response resulting from the consumption of artificial sweeteners:
    A 2008 study in Behavioral Neuroscience “A Role for Sweet Taste: Calorie Predictive Relations in Energy Regulation by Rats” (PDF)
    Medscape article: “Use of Artificial Sweeteners Linked to 2-Fold Increase in Diabetes”
    Pubmed article: “The effect of artificial sweetener on insulin secretion. 1. The effect of acesulfame K on insulin secretion in the rat (studies in vivo).”

PSS Episode 21 – time 34:30 (does it halt/stall weight loss? yes! )
    PSS Episode 15 – time 23:30 (sweeteners in tea/coffee)

Besides negative metabolic effects, artificial sweeteners have been identified as the cause of a litany of health problems including but not limited to:
    migraines and headaches
    dizziness / poor equilibrium
    convulsions and seizures
    nausea and vomiting
    fatigue and weakness
    change in mood
    change in vision
    change in heart rate
    diarrhea
    joint pain
    memory loss
    sleep problems / insomnia
    hives / rash
    (Source: Mercola.com)
    I don’t know about you, but if I was suffering from any of the above symptoms, I’m not sure that I’d be able to keep myself on the healthiest eating plan. So besides having the above-listed negative side-effects, the ramifications from the consumption of artificial sweeteners can be very far-reaching. For more on the subject, I would recommend checking out dorway.com and mercola.com and searching through some articles."

***A note on Stevia. According to this article, the only form of stevia that should be used is the green powder made by crushing the stevia leaves. For more on this, see: http://balancedbites.com/2011/01/the...ut-truvia.html
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 03-19-2013 at 03:45 AM.

^I posted the above to encourage myself. I am missing my sweet creamy BP coffee.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    So glad you made it through the weekend, Pebbles. Good job!

The info on the artificial sweeteners is very timely for me. I had a decaf coffee with splenda last night, to help me through a social situation. This morning I have a slight headache(very unusual for me), feel parched, and my weight is up. Coincidence? perhaps, but I have been eating very 'clean' and I wonder if my body is a little shocked by the AS.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Snow situation sounds about the same here. Stay save & warm! I have no idea if local schools closed, but I hope so!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Congrats on a snow day! Love the article on sweeteners. It might be what I need to get my butt in gear and drop them.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I think dropping AS was harder for me anything else (I'm using a bit of stevia again, but never want/need it when I'm traveling, and plan to drop it again soon).