Page 541 of 1157 FirstFirst ... 414414915315395405415425435515916411041 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,410 of 11567

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 541

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    For Protein, I took the lowest recommended weight for my height and the highest recommended weight. Turned them to KG and subtracted 10%.

The last several days, I have been getting around 60g.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    That's a really good way to get a range. Thanks for the idea!

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Loving your progress! I come here and read in the hopes of getting my own mojo back..and you are a perfect mojo inspiration!
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

tomi is online now Senior Member
    ^ what she said!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Rosedale Diet Report

The good:
    1)Protein levels-I think his are the most logical I have seen 50-75g for most people. Take ideal weight, convert to KG, subtract 10%. Prefers protein with little saturated fat for the first 3 weeks. (Chicken and fish) Likes Low Fat Dairy? in moderation. None for the 1st 3 weeks. Protein should be spread out as 15-20g of protein per meal or snack.
    2) Carb levels-He starts everyone VLC. The allows those with less metabolic derangement to add some things back. OK with grains at low levels for some people. Berries and some starch veg. can be added later.
    3) Fat levels-He uses only olive oil, avocado oil, almond oil 1st 3 weeks for salads and cooking. Coconut Oil and Butter can be added later. I would say he tops out at 65-75%. Loves avocados and olives. Does not think we need to measure fats, just protein.
    4) No added sweeteners real or otherwise. Stevia, xylitol if you must after week 3.
    5) Food list can be downloaded from website, but I don't like the layout.
    6) Claims to get back Leptin Sensitivity without the giant breakfast pushed by other Leptin experts
    7) Loved his explanations of the Whys of lower protein, avoiding bad oils, leptin, avoiding artificial sweeteners etc. Great Book if you can wade past his ego.

Bad or Just Weird:
    1) OK with wheat, canola oil and tofu?
    2) Low Fat dairy?
    3) Huge supplement list
    4) Against Coffee
    5) Says nothing about sodium
    6) Obnoxious about how great his diet is and how it is totally different from everyone else's plan. Feels Paleo peeps eat too much protein, which may actually be true.

***I am going to continue to eat 60-70 grams of protein. Carbs, 20 grams, will be minimal in salad and one other veg per day, but shouldn't go up because I am dropping dairy.
    Yup, I said I am dropping Dairy. I am also dropping Artificial Sweeteners.
    Fat will range between 65-75%. This will naturally lower my calories to about 1400.
    I will be eating from his A food list for 4 weeks (April 13th) except I refuse to drop coffee. I recently cut down to 3 cups. I will stay at that level.
    Water will range between 64 and 100oz. I will continue using 1-2 bouillon cubes based on exercise.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 03-14-2013 at 06:53 PM.

Last Week

Last week I upped my fat to 85% and kept my protein between 60-70g. I upped my cals to 2000

Wt. 226.3 +1.2 for the week
    Measurements Up a little
    Body Fat% Up a little
    FBS ran from 88-96 (up from low to mid 80s of the week before.)

***Conclusions***
    Higher fat does not seem to help me lose weight or get me into deeper ketosis.
    Adding more dairy to get to the higher fat level raises my FBS
    I also experienced aches, pains, bloating and swelling in my bad leg. Swelling in my right leg means inflammation. Inflammation can be deadly for me.

My best results on NK so far have been at the original Optimal Diet macros from the first page of our EMF thread. 75% 20% 5%, Eating at just above BMR. at that time, I chose a goal (HSIS) weight of 170 which is at the top of the range for my height. This gave me macros of 70-78 protein, 39 carb, 156 fat. However, I have since learned that for the purposes of macro calculations, one should choose a weight at the low end of the range for your height. For me, 150lbs, 68kg Protein 60-68g, 34 carb, 136fat (2x protein)

I have just finished reading "The Rosedale Diet" and will be following his plan for the next 4 wks. Dr. Rosedale uses essentially the same macros starting with your ideal weight in kilos. The difference will be that I am dropping dairy, Bad oils and artificial sweeteners and eating 65-75%fat. Basically Rosedale has convinced me to clean up my act.

PS I made my own mayo this morning. It worked fine with everything at room temperature. Not to self: Make sure you use a wide mouth mason Jar. (I couldn't fit the stick blender in, so i had to mix it elsewhere.)
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 03-15-2013 at 03:18 AM.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Interesting. Thanks for the Rosedale report. I often think we have to take bits and pieces from a lot of folks.

As always, will be watching your latest experiment

Happy Friday!

Argh! I have a headache and I am STARVING.

Boy, that was dramatic.

My bulletproof coffee bit the dust. Today it was only 1 tbsp of CO instead of that plus 3 tbsp of HWC and 1 tbsp butter. I used the butter with my 2 eggs. My breakfast was also missing the bacon (nitrites). Technically I should not even be having CO and butter (high in sat fat) for the first 3 weeks, but I couldn't figure out how to drop them.

Lunch will be different too.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    when is your spring break?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It starts on the 23rd of March.