Page 540 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 40440490530538539540541542550590640 ... LastLast
Results 5,391 to 5,400 of 10004

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 540

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    If any of you find a homemade mayo recipe that is supposed to taste like Hellmann's, let me know.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I think if you google Hellman's copy cat recipe you should be able to find one. You can always make partial batches. Also for oil I tend to use light Olive Oil (as pale yellow as you can find), nut oils are too pricey.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Do you think the reason it doesn't taste the same is the oil? It's hard to find a "neutral", but not bad, oil.

Top Secret Recipes | Hellmann's - Best Foods Mayonnaise Recipe

my recipe doesn't use white vinegar or sugar and uses a whole egg, so there are probably slight variations.

Mark I'm loving the tight rope walking Mark pic. He's kind of "hot". How come I never noticed before?

Mayo I guess I'll just have to live with mayo that is different from what I love. There is no point in making non paleo mayo.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Mark I'm loving the tight rope walking Mark pic. He's kind of "hot". How come I never noticed before?

Mayo I guess I'll just have to live with mayo that is different from what I love. There is no point in making non paleo mayo.
    I didn't see that photo until today, definitely hot (even though he's old enough to be my dad). I simultaneously want to ogle him and send my dad here and say, "LOOK WHAT YOU COULD DO!!!" I think they're the same age, or very close.

You know, I haven't had mayo much. I didn't like it as a kid, kind of by pretense. "Raw eggs? Ew!" I would really like to make my own and find an occasion to use it (make it for a specific recipe or meal). I've just read too many horror stories now about it not blending properly. I don't want to waste my precious eggs .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Play with the recipe, I am sure you can find one that you like even more. Personally I really like mine more than store bought, but I never had a brand attachment.

RE: Mark, personally I think he is too thin, I like em bulkier and beefier. Although now that DH is on his low side weight wise he is pretty much built like that.

The other thing about Rosedale is that his protein recommendations are higher but he suggests lower fat sources of it.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    The problem with higher protein is that those of us who have been LC for a long time are very efficient at turning protein into gloucose. Hence any small upturn in protein knocks us out of NK. I belive that is S&V's arguement anyway. As we are all finding, its a fine balancing act

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    The other thing about Rosedale is that his protein recommendations are higherbut he suggests lower fat sources of it.
    I'm not findiing that to be true. He recommends 50-75 grams of Protein for most people. Phinney and Volek on the other hand want me to start my protein intake at 83 grams.

He does recommend more meat and fish protein than pork, beef and dairy.