Page 54 of 997 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154554 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 54

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Did you just lose 100 pounds or is that a typo?

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    2 hr post meal reading 91. I guess Primal has "Cured" my pre diabetes. Or I'm just really F'd up.

I'll check it again on Tuesday when I have time in the am. It's election day, so I don't have to be to school until 8am for teacher training.

* The original purpose of testing my BS after breakfast was to see if get an insulin spike from Whey protein or Splenda. (I use the whey to get enough am protein and I haven't been able to let go of the Splenda yet.) That is why I will do the test for a few more days in the next week. Then, I will probably test once a month.

**I am using one of my Mom's meters which is somewhat emotionally hard, but I'm sure she would want me to. I was down in her apartment talking aloud to her this morning as I was gathering the meter etc. It was very peaceful, but would have seemed weird to others.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 11-06-2011 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Did you just lose 100 pounds or is that a typo?
    Damn girl, let me dream a minute. lol Yes, a wishful thinking typo. I fixed it. WAAAAH

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I don't know much about BS, but I think that maybe the fat modulates the carbs? Maybe that is why your 1 hour was lower?

I was a hard core heavy user of Splenda, have now switched to liquid Stevia. It took a while to figure out how much I needed to make it sweet enough without making it bitter, but I strongly prefer it now. The sweetness is not as over powering as the Splenda and you taste the food more (I especially notice this with coffee) The fact that I had already bought and paid for a bottle of it was a strong motivator. Don't care at all for the powdered ones though, and mostly they contain things like "lactose" as an additive agent.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

Crazily, I feel really positive about my blood sugar readings yesterday. It feels as if maybe I haven't totally destroyed my body with 40+ years of crap eating.

I am planning on turning my family Primal in the next few weeks. My 7 yr old son is having severe behavioral issues in school and my 16 yr old can't concentrate to save his life. I am going to have a huge fight on my hands, I'm sure. God help me.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    good luck. hopefully they'll get on board. is your husband supportive?

I just did it, didn't say anything about it, just started changing the things they had to eat. Throw in a potato and rice once a week each. I do a salad, protein source, and 2 veggies (usually roasted), fills the plate they don't notice no starch. I do keep chocolate for them if they want a treat, and we have an ice cream maker if they must have ice cream. I do only try to control what they eat at or from home. Don't bother ds with the fact that he eats donuts at church every Sunday, stuff like that. It was no big deal.

Good luck!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

He is supportive in the sense that he sees what it has done for me, but I don't think he believes giving up grains is a necessity for all of us. He has said he would like our youngest to be gluten free.

Since I assume you are too busy to make a different meal for each member of the family, it sounds like he is reluctantly on board. Plus it would be cruel to put the youngest on gluten-free and then eat things he can't have in front of him.
    Chris
    Unknown

PrimalCon New York
    I have no intention of just making the little one gluten free. I am going to stop buying wheat products for the whole house and ask my husband not to bring it in.

My biggest issue is that the youngest eats granola bars or waffles for breakfast, PB & J for lunch. Peanut butter crackers for snacks. Chicken nuggets and mac and cheese for dinner. He is very set into his menu and has the Aspergian resistance to change. I am going to try to switch him to more Primal foods, but I will have to start by using some rice based trade outs for his favorites. He likes fruit and drinks water and chocolate milk. I need to find a way to add more protein to his diet.

Edit: My husband is the primary dinner cook in the house. He usually makes meat veggies and a carb like rice or potatoes. I am going to start making two primal recipes a week. I make the lunches.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 11-07-2011 at 10:13 AM.