Page 539 of 1104 FirstFirst ... 394394895295375385395405415495896391039 ... LastLast
Results 5,381 to 5,390 of 11032

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 539

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Macros 85/12/3 2000 cals

Wt Same (Frustrating, but I did come down 2 lbs from Saturday's binge. I have to stop shooting myself in the foot.)
    FBS 93 (That 88 on day 2 must have been a mis read. Too Bad.)
    Ketostix Trace to Small

I am reading the Rosedale Diet. He is very egotistical. He acts as if he discovered LCHF. He also believes that some people can go back to wheat after they heal. BUT he makes some good points and explains things clearly.
    1) He explains the protein issue more in depth.
    2) He tells why one must avoid bad oils. I was not convinced before, but am now. (I am still using store bought mayo and dressings.)
    3) He explains Leptin. (I got really turned off on this during the Dr. Kruse Kraze.)

I will continue to share what I am learning here. I'll eventually make some major changes to my current food intake based on this book. Not macros so much as type of food that I am using to get there.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    It was very hard for me to give up Hellman's

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    When I stopped eating sugar I switched to Delouis as it was the only one I could find with no sugar. But it contains sunflower oil (This was before I knew any better). When I finish my store cupboard full I will switch to making my own & add whey so it keeps a long time.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post

I am reading the Rosedale Diet. He is very egotistical. He acts as if he discovered LCHF. He also believes that some people can go back to wheat after they heal. BUT he makes some good points and explains things clearly.

I will continue to share what I am learning here. I'll eventually make some major changes to my current food intake based on this book. Not macros so much as type of food that I am using to get there.
    Well done for sticking with him, I'm afraid I gave up rather quickly. I'm very interested to see what food choices you are thinking of changing

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I made my own mayo yesterday. Don't know why I keep putting it off; it is relatively easy. Hmm... I think it is having to scrape out the blender, sad to say. Why should such a little thing stop me? Maybe a good excuse to buy a super-thin spatula!

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I use Lemonaise. I should give it up (bad oil), but DH thinks raw eggs will kill him.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Ruth, you can use pasteurized eggs for the mayo if he is worried.

DG, I don't use whey in mine and it holds up just fine. It should last at least 2 weeks past the date on the egg carton. And you can make a small batch with a hand mixer if you don't use that much of it. I use a tablespoon every day for my lunch, plus I make homemade ranch and a sort of Caesar dressing.

I will also be interested to see what you change after reading his book.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I made it once in a mason jar with a stick blender. It was easy. It lasted a long time, but it didn't taste like Hellmann's.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Ooh, I have a stick blender! I'll try that next time.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    It was very hard for me to give up Hellman's
    giving up mayo may be more difficult than the diet coke.. although, I kicked the DC habit.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.