Page 536 of 1088 FirstFirst ... 364364865265345355365375385465866361036 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,360 of 10873

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 536

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Glad your cold is on the mend!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Paula! I agree with Nameless! You look great!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    ^ Yeah, but NW wants to eat us...You guys are scary.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 03-11-2013 at 02:46 PM.

I have been reading through Jimmy Moore's posts on his NK experiment. The interesting thing I observed is that when his FBS is in the 70's and 80's, his ketones are in the .5+mmol range. This is an important point for those of us without ketone meters. Blood ketones do correlate to FBS in some way.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I will eventually track both. But i may wait till all the travel is over. I will have to see how much i can stand the fingers being sore.

Macros Going Forward
    85%/12%/3% 2000cals

I think I may have had a Eureka moment this morning, but only time will tell.
    Saturday I was waffling on what macros I wanted to follow. I was sure that I did not get enough of something last week. I thought it was protein. I was worried by Dr. Ede problems on low protein plus my own (perceived) lack of success.

On Saturday I binged because I was pissed off and sick. Sunday morning I was up 3 pounds and my FBS had shot up to 121 from 88. Sunday I ate my new macros. 100g protein/75%fat/20carbs. Monday morning, my weight and FBS were the same. I would have expected a lowering of FBS at least.

Yesterday I decided to give lower protein another shot. I checked out Ron Rosedale's protein recommendations. Next to Dr. Seyfried, he is the next lowest on protein. I took the low end weight for my height 150lbs, converted to kgs and subtracted 10% (61g protein) then I took the higher end weight 174lbs and did the same (70g protein). This was the same protein level that I ate last week.

I then went and took a look at Jimmy Moore's NK reports. Jimmy eats 85% of his cals in fat. I figured out that with 60g protein and 20g of carb (from dairy etc.) I would need to eat 2000 cals to get to 85%. So that is what I did yesterday. (As reported yesterday, I also noted that it is clear by his graphs that he is in deepest ketosis when his blood sugar readings are in the 70's and low 80's)

Results:
    1) I felt awesome yesterday and slept well.
    2) This morning my weight is down 2 lbs
    3) My FBS plummeted from 121 back to 88. It usually takes me at least 4 days to get it to normalize. And the ketostix are showing ketones after only 2 clean days.

On a related note, I think that eating LCHF is healing my eating Disorder. I am finding that my binges are shorter in days and less intense and I can jump right back in without days of poor eating. This tells me that nutritionally, I am almost hitting the mark.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 03-12-2013 at 05:11 AM.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Awesome findings! Glad you are seeing this so positively. Not that it isn't a positive thing, but I know how easy it can be to see it all as failings.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Congrats Paula! We will remind you when you weight loss slows down

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Interesting about the blood sugar. And yay for a quick rebound from binges. It almost sounds like approaching that Mystery Land of 'Just-have-a-little' that outside observers think is so easy to get to.

Chris, I was actually more excited about the blood sugar reading. If you look a Jimmy's experience, there were more than a few months where he lost less than 5 lbs. Frustrating, I'm sure, for a 6'3" male.

Sabine, Funny, my binge day was as big as usual. (several hours, but not days). The difference was in motivation-I chose it instead of feeling as if my body was forcing me. And then I moved on the next day as if it were no big deal. Not sure if I'll ever get to "just have a little", but who knows.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 03-12-2013 at 05:11 AM.