Page 536 of 1154 FirstFirst ... 364364865265345355365375385465866361036 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,360 of 11537

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 536

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have been reading through Jimmy Moore's posts on his NK experiment. The interesting thing I observed is that when his FBS is in the 70's and 80's, his ketones are in the .5+mmol range. This is an important point for those of us without ketone meters. Blood ketones do correlate to FBS in some way.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I will eventually track both. But i may wait till all the travel is over. I will have to see how much i can stand the fingers being sore.

Macros Going Forward
    85%/12%/3% 2000cals

I think I may have had a Eureka moment this morning, but only time will tell.
    Saturday I was waffling on what macros I wanted to follow. I was sure that I did not get enough of something last week. I thought it was protein. I was worried by Dr. Ede problems on low protein plus my own (perceived) lack of success.

On Saturday I binged because I was pissed off and sick. Sunday morning I was up 3 pounds and my FBS had shot up to 121 from 88. Sunday I ate my new macros. 100g protein/75%fat/20carbs. Monday morning, my weight and FBS were the same. I would have expected a lowering of FBS at least.

Yesterday I decided to give lower protein another shot. I checked out Ron Rosedale's protein recommendations. Next to Dr. Seyfried, he is the next lowest on protein. I took the low end weight for my height 150lbs, converted to kgs and subtracted 10% (61g protein) then I took the higher end weight 174lbs and did the same (70g protein). This was the same protein level that I ate last week.

I then went and took a look at Jimmy Moore's NK reports. Jimmy eats 85% of his cals in fat. I figured out that with 60g protein and 20g of carb (from dairy etc.) I would need to eat 2000 cals to get to 85%. So that is what I did yesterday. (As reported yesterday, I also noted that it is clear by his graphs that he is in deepest ketosis when his blood sugar readings are in the 70's and low 80's)

Results:
    1) I felt awesome yesterday and slept well.
    2) This morning my weight is down 2 lbs
    3) My FBS plummeted from 121 back to 88. It usually takes me at least 4 days to get it to normalize. And the ketostix are showing ketones after only 2 clean days.

On a related note, I think that eating LCHF is healing my eating Disorder. I am finding that my binges are shorter in days and less intense and I can jump right back in without days of poor eating. This tells me that nutritionally, I am almost hitting the mark.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 03-12-2013 at 05:11 AM.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Awesome findings! Glad you are seeing this so positively. Not that it isn't a positive thing, but I know how easy it can be to see it all as failings.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Congrats Paula! We will remind you when you weight loss slows down

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Interesting about the blood sugar. And yay for a quick rebound from binges. It almost sounds like approaching that Mystery Land of 'Just-have-a-little' that outside observers think is so easy to get to.

Chris, I was actually more excited about the blood sugar reading. If you look a Jimmy's experience, there were more than a few months where he lost less than 5 lbs. Frustrating, I'm sure, for a 6'3" male.

Sabine, Funny, my binge day was as big as usual. (several hours, but not days). The difference was in motivation-I chose it instead of feeling as if my body was forcing me. And then I moved on the next day as if it were no big deal. Not sure if I'll ever get to "just have a little", but who knows.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 03-12-2013 at 05:11 AM.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I'm glad you're finding progress and staying positive. The mental battle really is the hard battle.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Chris, I was actually more excited about the blood sugar reading. If you look a Jimmy's experience, there were more than a few months where he lost less than 5 lbs. Frustrating, I'm sure, for a 6'3" male.

Sabine, Funny, my binge day was as big as usual. (several hours, but not days). The difference was in motivation-I chose it instead of feeling as if my body was forcing me. And then I moved on the next day as if it were no big deal. Not sure if I'll ever get to "just have a little", but who knows.
    I think I'm getting closer to that "just a little mark". For example, Saturday night was just a little and then I was back in the game. Yesterday, I made cookies for the girls lunches and I tried a crumb to make sure they were ok and I was completely satisfied with that. It'll happen.
    Georgette

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm so happy for you that the binges are getting better. That is truly amazing.