Page 534 of 1076 FirstFirst ... 344344845245325335345355365445846341034 ... LastLast
Results 5,331 to 5,340 of 10757

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 534

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    unless you are taking a break and will be back on the track trail after.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Oh dont get me wrong. I am 100% with you on the plan to eat. I just feel like you are going to lose weight and when you want to repeat it the info will be lost. Maybe just jot it down at the end of the day and not keep macros or calories.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Paula - I think that you are doing amazingly well. You look absolutely gorgeous and those photos that I linked to a while back ..... wow - just - wow.

I sometimes think that we lose sight of our successes, and maybe after losing weight our bodies need to readjust and refigure ????
    I am still on a stall but the compliments are still flowing so I am really trying to focus on what I have done - not what I still need to do.
    good luck with your tweaking - but please know this................... you my girl are a wonderful lady and an inspiration to many !
    so - thank you
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Okay, I am feeling really confused...

Which of the three will make the weight fall off? I'll tell you one thing, I am done giving advice. No more preaching about minimum calories. Who knows what works? I'll just tell people what works for me...if I ever figure it out.
    Please don't dispense with giving advise. I value your opinion tremendously (even if I don.t always take it ie min cals)

I have just weighed & something really weird has happened this week. For the first 2 days the scales dropped. Since then they have been up & down slightly but this am my LBM is UP by 1/2lb over last week (especially interesting as I am not exercising at the moment) , whereas all week it has been down slightly. If it stays there for the official weigh in tomorrow that would suggest (to me at least) that after an initial drop it then stabilises & the BF starts losing.

It would seem to me that its really important to stick to the n=1 for a few weeks to see accurate results - the first couple of weeks, the body is probably all over the place trying to get to grips with it. Can't wait to see what happens over the next 2 weeks. If LBM stays up then I will know that CW advise regards protein really is BS.

As to what you should do? I would suggest stick with what you are doing for a couple of weeks - you have lost this week (if i remember right), felt great & ignored a binge. Then you went out, had fun & ate well. What's not to like? Salt makes a huge difference to your body so you need to give it time to adjust

PS I have to say weighing everyday is a novelty for me. I am finding it quite exciting seeing what is happening to my body on a daily basis. Weird or what?
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 03-09-2013 at 10:25 PM. Reason: PS, clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    This week, I am just going to eat the Primal NK food I want when I am hungry. With the macros of the Optimal Diet, I could eat a ton and not go over them.
    I am not going to track, just eat more than I have been.
    Have just caught up with the rest of the thread. I hope this works for you. I tried it before starting my n=1 & gained. It was only when I started tracking that I realized just what I was eating. Since starting EMF I have come to LOVE fat but there are limits & I can't trust my body to know when to stop. But good luck

PP will you be keeping the sodium high?

Hey Pebbles

I found this this morning. It shows the science behind links with cancer (& other health issues) & high protein.

Protein: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - Ron Rosedale, M.D.

Not sure if you've seen it.

Dr Rosedale suggests .7-.75 x LBM is the way to go (.5-.6 for diabetics) which is similar to the low end of V&P - from what I have read over the past week they seem to have got it right. Stick to .6 x current LBM & recalculate periodically as your LBM increases.

NB: this is not where I am at right now as you know (my protein is lower) but as a general rule of thumb I would suggest it is a good starting point & its what I will be aiming for over time

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    According to Rosedale I should be eating 67 (.5) -100g (.75) protein. According to Optimal 70-85g. That is more than the 60 avg that I was eating last week.

So, Yesterday I made the decision that I am going back to what I was doing in late January, early February when i had a 25 day clean run. Following the Optimal Diet macros: 70-85 protein, 34 max carbs, 156g fat up to 190g but probably won't go that high.

I am tracking. I was just cranky yesterday.

Today we are going to watch the parade. It should be fun.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Have fun at the parade! (You guys are tough out there! I would be too cold for a parade)

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    For me, while using the LBM for you equation may be more accurate, I think that since measures of LBM are less than accurate I would rather use an equation that uses a more reliable measure. In the end though, all of the various equations I have used come up with pretty close to the same protein number. I think any equation can get you close, but after that it is going to take experimenting and I suspect your needs from day to day will vary. Especially in P's case given how much she exercises.

p.s. yea! I think that going back to what worked is what makes the most sense! Have fun at the parade.

Enjoy the parade.

your plan sounds a good one. It will be interesting when you get to compare it with the previous time.