Page 530 of 1113 FirstFirst ... 304304805205285295305315325405806301030 ... LastLast
Results 5,291 to 5,300 of 11126

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 530

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've just had a thought (doesn't happen often I know). didn't you say somewhere recently that you were hungry every meal time? NK is supposed to curb hunger so that alone would suggest you are not in NK yet. I'm not sure upping the protein would help. But only you know your body

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I'm definitely in ketosis. How far in, I don't know. No monitor, but all the signs are there.
    Plus the ketostix. I am not starving, but I have never experienced the "I couldn't eat if tried syndrome."

Jimmy moore's macros are a little extreme and I think only necessary for him.
    It could have been the sodium. Does the bf% count the water too?

Thanks for the ideas.

no but I think it affects the electric current hence they are not necessarily accurate

I agree Jimmy Moore's macros seem extreme - we all need to find what's right for us but I still think you should giver it another week before you try something new . I'm losing LBM again this week & its freaking me out but I'm determined to give it the full 4 weeks before changing anything (as long the loss is not > 25% total loss)

Yeah I wish I had a monitor too (Ketostix have never worked for me, I probably drink too much water) - but whilst I'm losing weight & apparent BF I'm leaning more towards saving for a DEX scan. There are a couple of places that do it privately here. Hate to think what the cost will be though.

Can't wait for Demuralist to start recording her n=1
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 03-08-2013 at 01:39 PM.

ok I won't change anything drastically this week.

Unfortunately, I have a party tonight and plan to eat stuff like veg, & dip, cheese & meat etc. So macros will be off anyway.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I just remembered I have to get a DEX scan on Monday for my Osteopenia, I am going to ask the technician if it will show BF% at the same time or if it is a different scan or report.

I promise I will start the monitor this weekend. I am getting excited now too. Although I am not sure I really want to know what the BF% is. I do also have the ability to do BF% on my scale at home so I will do it before Monday so I can compare the 2.

Only if you have a special scale that measures bf.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I just remembered I have to get a DEX scan on Monday for my Osteopenia, I am going to ask the technician if it will show BF% at the same time or if it is a different scan or report.

I promise I will start the monitor this weekend. I am getting excited now too. Although I am not sure I really want to know what the BF% is. I do also have the ability to do BF% on my scale at home so I will do it before Monday so I can compare the 2.
    If your DEX scan shows up BF that would be the perfect time to start with the monitor - do you have them often? Being able to see trhe change in BF over time would be awesome

I came across this blog tonight. I thought it was interesting to see how the blood ketone monitor worked for her. But she didn't seem to do it for very long

My Low Carb Road to Better Health: Ketone Testing

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I did the blood ketone test last Monday. I was not in ketosis. I am hoping this Monday I find something different especially since the stix are not real accurate.

Chris- are you testing once a week?

P- I have been reading some articles about the tie between BS and ketosis. Do you have a simple breakdown for the connection?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    P- I have been reading some articles about the tie between BS and ketosis. Do you have a simple breakdown for the connection?
    If this is true would a simple BS test give an indication of ketosis? Its so frustrating that ketostix don't work for me