Page 53 of 1155 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455631031535531053 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 53

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I will have to remember that for my next bout of slowness.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I really do not like the feeling of oily in my mouth so instead of coconut oil, I am going to try munching on unsweetened coconut. Might work, but it tastes better.

I took some dried unsweetened coconut and put it into my food processor and processed it for a very long time and it became very smooth and a sort of thick liquid. Then I put it onto a parchment paper covered cookie sheet and put it into the fridge, where it hardened back up. I broke it into edible chunks. Quite yummy. I think next time I will add a hint of stevia and it would be almost like a coconut candy. It doesn't take much to satisfy! Maybe a 1x1x1 piece or so.

http://heathereatsalmondbutter.com/2...oconut-butter/
    Last edited by demuralist; 11-04-2011 at 08:28 AM. Reason: add link
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Spanish Teacher's nightmare...5 Spanish food fiestas.

The kids expect me to try their foods, so I'll call this a deliberate off day. I won't be able to eat dinner. lol

oh well is it just one day.
    Chris
    Unknown

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Primal Spanish Teacher's nightmare...5 Spanish food fiestas.

The kids expect me to try their foods, so I'll call this a deliberate off day. I won't be able to eat dinner. lol
    Eh, to heck with that. Teach your kids some kick butt Spanish/Latin American meat recipes.

That said, yeah, it is one day. Eat, drink, and be merry or however you say that in Spanish :/ (Yeah, I took four years of Spanish and all I can say is Cerveza por favor, Ay˙dame mi pinguino es en fuego!, and el gato es en mis pantalones.)

I had a beautiful moment tonight with my seven yr old son Kevin. He has Asperger's Syndrome and has been having a really hard time in school since my Mom died. Today he hit a teacher among several other things so tv and wii were taken away for the day. I was practicing guitar. He came into the room because he had nothing else to do. He started strumming on the guitar while I did the chords. We sang twinkle twinkle, and several other classic kids tunes. Afterwards he gave me a big hug and said, "I love you Mommy". I am so grateful that God gave me children who love to sing. My parents and I sang together from my toddler days and Mom and I were still singing together within a month of her passing.

I think we may be practicing music on a regular basis from now on instead of having electronic stimulation.

When we were kids we would go to my grandmother's house after church on Sunday, have dinner, and sing and dance around the basement. Most of us played an instrument (we are Croatian and so were the instruments, music, and dances). I am sad my children did not get to have a similar experience.
    Chris
    Unknown

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I had a beautiful moment tonight with my seven yr old son Kevin. He has Asperger's Syndrome and has been having a really hard time in school since my Mom died. Today he hit a teacher among several other things so tv and wii were taken away for the day. I was practicing guitar. He came into the room because he had nothing else to do. He started strumming on the guitar while I did the chords. We sang twinkle twinkle, and several other classic kids tunes. Afterwards he gave me a big hug and said, "I love you Mommy". I am so grateful that God gave me children who love to sing. My parents and I sang together from my toddler days and Mom and I were still singing together within a month of her passing.

I think we may be practicing music on a regular basis from now on instead of having electronic stimulation.
    That could be a great creative outlet for his aggression. We have a friend that is getting her master's in special ed to work strictly with autistic and Asperger's kids. She also has a minor in music and uses a lot of music in her teachings and it seems to help with aggression. Pretty cool if you ask me.
    Georgette

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Weight 218.6

I tested my fasting blood sugar this morning. It was 103 after a late night candy/carb binge.
    I just tested again 1 hr post meal and it was 92. WTF?
    Shouldn't it be higher than the first, not lower?

My Mom had diabetes and I was pre diabetic before Primal.

Edit: This is what I ate.
    26g whey protein drink with water
    2 eggs
    3 bacon
    1/4c of peppers, onions, mushrooms
    coffee, HNH,2 splenda, 1 tbsp CO
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 11-06-2011 at 05:27 AM.