Page 527 of 1088 FirstFirst ... 274274775175255265275285295375776271027 ... LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,270 of 10880

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 527

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post

PS I didn't think you were being a jerk.
    I did... jerk!

Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for clearing that up Paula. I appreciate your thoughts on this.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Yes, thanks P. You're an angel. Unlike Jenn who is satan herself (how's that for jerk? )
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Yes, thanks P. You're an angel. Unlike Jenn who is satan herself (how's that for jerk? )
    Muah!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Most of the bouillons over here are reduced salt (ha ha) or they contain some type of sugar derivative (no good to me). The only one I found that might possibly be ok is a veg bouillon, which has Hydrolysed Vegetable Protein, Potato Starch & contains 900mg sodium. Are these ingredients primal? The organic version contains Yeast Extract, & Rice Flour, which I assume are definitely not (donít know if I want to eat yeast derivatives anyway). The only ingredient in both which seems to contain sodium is sea salt (first ingredient)

PS: I love all your stories about the snow. If we get more than an inch here everything shuts down

PPS: I didn't find any mention of MSG in any of them. Must be an american thing
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 03-07-2013 at 10:18 AM. Reason: no msg

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I am currently shooting for at least 2500, I don't add the salt I add to all my food in the MFP, so I know I am getting more. If I start to feel run down I will add a second cube. Thanks for keeping us informed Paula!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Just putting down some observational notes...

Today I am hungry and my body/mind is jonesing for something. I am dealing with some food ideation, but it is mixed with the rational thoughts that I do not want to blow it with 9 days clean.

a) This often happens at the 4 day post period mark.

b) This also happens when I begin seeing moderate ketones on the ketostix. Possibly heading into deeper ketosis?

Don't worry. Tomorrow is weigh in so I have no intention to act on these desires, just reporting. I have eaten all of my calories for the day, but I am not adverse to eating more fat if necessary.

Wt. 225.1 (-1.5 for the week, -22.5 since 1/1/13)
    FBS 88
    ketones moderate

waist -1 inch

This has been a very interesting week.
    Sodium Intake
    I upped my bouillon intake to 2 cubes (2000mg sodium) thereby bringing up my total sodium intake to 5000mg as recommended by Phinney and Volek in "The Art and Science of low carb living" I had a one lb bump up in weight as a result of the change, which I lost within a few days. The biggest change as a result of this was in my energy and mental clarity. I had an extremely successful work week. I kept up with grading and I had a lot of energy for teaching. My students think I am on speed.

Lower Protein I feel fine on less than 65 grams of protein, but I am not seeing the lower FBS (under 80) numbers that one would expect on such a low protein and low carb plan. Maybe Dairy is keeping me out of deep ketosis? or artificial sweeteners? Not sure I want to go so austere with my program...

Weight loss etc. Of course, I would like more than 1.5 lbs/wk, but I haven't seen this weight in nearly a year. I am feeling uber sexy this week (as opposed to just plain sexy ). I know that I need to be patient, but I am dying to get back to my lowest Primal weight of 210 lbs. I dream of hitting 199 before the next musical auditions in early May.

My weekend is starting a little early with a 2 hr delay and short school day. Tonight I am going to a jewelry party and on Sunday we will be watching (not marching in) the parade. We decided to go to our favorite mexican place for lunch then watch the parade from there. It should be a fun weekend.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 03-08-2013 at 03:32 AM.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Wow, what a fantastic week you have had & amazing weight loss since the start of the year. Well done for not giving in last night. I will be interested to see if the energy stays up next week. Have a great weekend

Ddraig Goch

Bad news...

Acid-hydrolyzed vegetable protein
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Acid-hydrolyzed vegetable protein, or HVP,[1] is produced by boiling cereals or legumes, such as soy, corn, or wheat, in hydrochloric acid and then neutralizing the solution with sodium hydroxide. The acid hydrolyzes, or breaks down, the protein in vegetables into their component amino acids. The resulting dark coloured liquid contains, among other amino acids, glutamic acid, which imparts an umami flavor. It is used as a flavor enhancer in many foods. Hydrolysis is a digestive process that occurs naturally in the human and animal stomach and can happen as part of a cooking process.
    Other sources of free glutamate, sometimes used in conjunction with HVP, include autolyzed yeast extract and hydrolyzed yeast extract. A similar product, from dairy origin, is hydrolyzed whey protein.

Because of the high levels of glutamate in hydrolyzed vegetable protein, people sensitive to MSG should avoid hydrolyzed vegetable protein.[2]