Page 519 of 1116 FirstFirst ... 194194695095175185195205215295696191019 ... LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,190 of 11155

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 519

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    My sister, 50, got her RN last June. She quickly got a job as head(only) RN in a senior care facility. Maybe your husband can look in that direction.
    My husband would not be happy in that setting. Right now he is in a prison hospital. He is trying for a full time position there, but really wants to be in a hospital.

Wt. 226.2 (Up due to added sodium or gym workout)
    FBS 95 (Normal but Up. Exercise?)
    ketones Trace to med.

Well. I made it through "hump day" clean. Day 5 seems to be a watershed day for me, so hopefully this means I am on my way to long term clean eating. I figure if I can make it through an emotional day like yesterday, I can make it through anything.

I am doing a sodium experiment that I explained in depth in the EMF thread. Phinney and Volek "The art and science of low carb living" recommend 5000mg of sodium from diet and bouillon or broth.

Today is the first Monday of the month, so super long day for me , but I am feeling good.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on making it through yesterday - now you know you CAN do it

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Wt. 226.2 (Up due to added sodium or gym workout)
    FBS 95 (Normal but Up. Exercise?)
    ketones Trace to med.

Well. I made it through "hump day" clean. Day 5 seems to be a watershed day for me, so hopefully this means I am on my way to long term clean eating. I figure if I can make it through an emotional day like yesterday, I can make it through anything.

I am doing a sodium experiment that I explained in depth in the EMF thread. Phinney and Volek "The art and science of low carb living" recommend 5000mg of sodium from diet and bouillon or broth.

Today is the first Monday of the month, so super long day for me , but I am feeling good.
    I read their book.... and noted that level of sodium comsumption with interest, and I tried the bouillon routine... and my lower legs looked life tree trunks...after 2 days.... I swelled up with fluid like a toad.... I stopped the experiment abruptly.... apparently I am sensitive to sodium!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    I read their book.... and noted that level of sodium comsumption with interest, and I tried the bouillon routine... and my lower legs looked life tree trunks...after 2 days.... I swelled up with fluid like a toad.... I stopped the experiment abruptly.... apparently I am sensitive to sodium!
    I fear I will have the same problem. I plan to start with half that number and work my way up and see how it goes.

Paula, congrats on making it through yesterday.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Geez Pebbles. When it rains, it pours. I have no magical advice, just hugs and encouragement.
    *HUGS*
    YOU CAN DO EEEET!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    I remember that happening to you. P & V say that some people do not experience the extreme fluid loss and may not need more than the sodium they get in their diet. Maybe you are one of those people.
    I'll definitely stop if I experience any extreme edema. I usually have one cube of bouillon, so my new plan is only upping by one. I may also try salted water instead of the bouillon at some point to see if I can get the same results without the msg etc.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    The Rapunzel brand of vegan vegetable bouillon with sea salt, that I bought yesterday at Whole Foods does not have msg in it. It is also gluten free-unless yeast extract has gluten (?)- I was at Whole Foods and that was all they had in the way of bouillon.

Rapunzel Vegetable Bouillon Nutrition Information | ShopWell

Yes, I think the yeast extract is questionable, but much better than the Herb Ox I use. You should post this in the EMF thread.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Happy Monday!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.