Page 518 of 1086 FirstFirst ... 184184685085165175185195205285686181018 ... LastLast
Results 5,171 to 5,180 of 10855

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 518

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    What a great plan. Something positive to help relieve the stress instead of food. You are doing so well Pebbles! Just keep moving
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    hugs, wish I could offer more, congrats on getting out of the house, it will help.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I went to church and was welcomed with open arms. I don't go often. I felt like the message was timely for me

I went to the gym intending to do my first Starting Strength workout. There were tons of people in the weight area, so I chickened out and did 1/2 an hour of moderate paced cardio. When I came out of the cardio room, there were only two people in the main gym. So I did SS. I was weak and wobbly and my form needs work, but I did it.

squats 45lbs (just the bar-all I could handle)
    bench 95lbs (hard)
    deadlift 50lbs (too light)
    *Turns out I was supposed to do standing military press instead of bench in this workout. Oh well, I will fix it next week.

Got home to find my husband in a bad mood and raring for a fight. He accused me of constantly reminding him that I am the primary bread winner and that he is not working enough to support the family. I didn't take the bait, but I did have to inform him of our financial situation. Thus, making what he accused me of true.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Hon, your marriage is a partnership right? You would step up to the plate and take on extra duties at school for supplemental pay if it were possible. He may be seeing that he is NOT doing enough and is defensive. I like that you walked away for him to think. Hang in there sista!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    That last post falls under the Clint Stump theory of "You can't win for losing". Sorry to hear this is starting back up to bite you in the arse.
    Georgette

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    So what set him off? Just his guilty feelings? Rats, the ole, "this may not be the best time to bring this up but..." situation re: his baiting you. Financial disagreements are the worst, especially when it looks like there is no near solution. What did he do before he became a nurse? Many are not doing what we are trained for/talented at/dream of doing. Maybe it is time to do a 180.

-Feeling guilty, yes...and feeling sorry for himself.

-He is an excellent nurse, but got his RN late in life. When he applies, he isn't even being offered interviews for hospital jobs due to age and lack of experience. BUT, he should be applying for everything available, and he is not. (No I do not say this to him.)

-He is sick this weekend and so acting like a bear due to that.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Bah, if you share facts about the financial situation and he TAKES it as a reminder of being picky about jobs and such, that's his problem, not yours.

Well, I hope he feels better anyway .

Love the hair! I think you had the color refreshed after Thanksgiving so I had a slightly lighter color in my mind.

I wonder if (schedule allowing) you moved bill-day to Saturday, it might be less stressful so you have a day of rest before Monday.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

When we met I was using a lighter color with a more reddish tint. You are not the only one who plays with hair color. lol

I was procrastinating on the bills because I knew there would not be enough money. Friday evening would be better still. Then I would have 2 days to recover.

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    -Feeling guilty, yes...and feeling sorry for himself.

-He is an excellent nurse, but got his RN late in life. When he applies, he isn't even being offered interviews for hospital jobs due to age and lack of experience. BUT, he should be applying for everything available, and he is not. (No I do not say this to him.)

-He is sick this weekend and so acting like a bear due to that.
    My sister, 50, got her RN last June. She quickly got a job as head(only) RN in a senior care facility. Maybe your husband can look in that direction.