Page 507 of 1174 FirstFirst ... 74074574975055065075085095175576071007 ... LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,070 of 11736

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 507

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Lower Protein Experiment Day 2

Macros 150/59/20 grams 1676 cals

Wt. 226.6 (same)
    FBS 96 (Y 104) Finally in normal range.
    Ketones small 15mg/dl (Y trace) 15mg/dl = .8 Mmol
    4 clean hflc days

Felt great all day, even after my big gym workout. I have DOMS today due to heavy lifting. Zero urge to binge.

Neg: Dry mouth at night continues. I think I will test my BS at that time tonight.

***I am copying the same info into both this journal and the EMF thread. Too lazy to write it twice. Hope you all don't get bored.

Blood Glucose monitors.

My Mom had three. Two by One Touch (The mini and the smart). And one Walgreen's model that we bought on a trip to WI when she forgot her meter. Yesterday, I tested with both OT meters and got readings 5 points apart. Ugh, ssn679doc was right. (doc, I will be buying calibration fluid soon.)

I recoded both One Touch meters this morning and tested using both. They now agree with each other. I plan to use the "Smart" going forward because it has a log book and graphs. The mini will be my back up.

***I am now in normal FBS range which makes me happy, but it took 4 days to get there after my last binge. There's a lesson for me.

EDIT: I set up the "Smart" to track BS, weight, & ketones. I can also input exercise, macros and notes about wellness and illness. This should be a useful device for this experiment.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 02-24-2013 at 05:09 AM.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Blood Glucose monitors.

My Mom had three. Two by One Touch (The mini and the smart). And one Walgreen's model that we bought on a trip to WI when she forgot her meter. Yesterday, I tested with both OT meters and got readings 5 points apart. Ugh, ssn679doc was right. (doc, I will be buying calibration fluid soon.)

I recoded both One Touch meters this morning and tested using both. They now agree with each other. I plan to use the "Smart" going forward because it has a log book and graphs. The mini will be my back up.

***I am now in normal FBS range which makes me happy, but it took 4 days to get there after my last binge. There's a lesson for me.

EDIT: I set up the "Smart" to track BS, weight, & ketones. I can also input exercise, macros and notes about wellness and illness. This should be a useful device for this experiment.
    On occasion even a blind squirrel finds a nut!

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    On occasion even a blind squirrel finds a nut!
    Best quote ever!!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Hey P, is the dry mouth during the night or in the evening? I am wondering because if I have sinus issues I tend to then breath through my mouth, which gives me dry mouth and sometimes even a bit of a scratchy throat. And I don't necessarily have to have a cold or even think that I have sinus issues. If I stay up too late and do a lot of yawning before I get in bed that makes my eyes water and gives me a bit of a stuffy nose, and then the dry mouth. Just a thought.

Lower protein experiment Day 3

Macros...Binge!

Wt 229.8 +3.2
    FBS 112 (Y 96)
    Ketostix - Negative

So, looking at this scientifically, 1) I was on day 5, on the brink of going into deep ketosis. I was really hungry yesterday. I ate all my primal calories by noon. I have to figure out how to get past this hump. I have successfully done it before.
    2) Sundays are dangerous for me. I have binged the last three. Yesterday, I began to dwell on the difficulties of the upcoming week. So the emotional stuff coupled with my body screaming for something was too much for me.

***I will not be on much today because it is grading time. I'm moving on from the binge. Don't worry.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    What was your activity and food level like the day preceding the binge?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Yuck. Grading. My least favorite part when I taught college classes! Between it, and the parents, I couldn't do what you do

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Sundays are treacherous for me too. I am beat from planning, cooking, and being good, have to plan for the next week and I am more likely to weaken my resolve. I have to remember that, maybe I should shift grocery day to Friday evening or Saturday morning and make a delicious breakfast casserole for Sunday morning to get started on track.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wt 232
    FBS 117

Still busy grading and dealing with the upcoming special education meeting for my son. It may be postponed until March 13th. It was supposed to be Thursday morning. Shoot, I was looking forward to taking Thursday off and that means two more weeks of angst between my husband and I. The stress at school is so high right now, that none of us want to be there. Argh.