Page 504 of 997 FirstFirst ... 4404454494502503504505506514554604 ... LastLast
Results 5,031 to 5,040 of 9965

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 504

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Anyway to do a search to see if there is an alternative to L-glutamine powder that wouldn't help the cancer grow?
    Being that I don't have cancer, l-glutamine shouldn't be a problem. You get l-glutamine in meat too. It is an illogical fear. Better to use it to stop the binge.

I wonder if the fact that l-glutamine works tells me that i need more protein on days after workouts. This protein balance will be interesting.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I bet you continue to have good results going forward.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    now that is interesting, I bet you at least need more food after workouts.

I gave up on the Fat Fast. I messed up 2 /4 days. Last night was all primal however. Probably too much protein.

WT 228.2 A new low, by .2 lbs.
    BF% -.2 as well
    FBS 109 (too high, too much protein?)
    Ketostix - trace

New Macros based on new info.

1600 cals
    60g protein (Base amt. allowing up to 75 on gym days)
    20g carb (gross)
    142g fat (80%)

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I gave up on the Fat Fast. I messed up 2 /4 days. Last night was all primal however. Probably too much protein.

WT 228.2 A new low, by .2 lbs.
    BF% -.2 as well
    FBS 109 (too high, too much protein?)
    Ketostix - trace

New Macros based on new info.

1600 cals
    60g protein (Base amt. allowing up to 75 on gym days)
    20g carb (gross)
    142g fat (80%)
    I was looking at your glucose readings and it made me curious about the accuracy of those things. I know Wikipedia isn't a perfect source of information, but I found this interesting

Accuracy of glucose meters is a common topic of clinical concern. Blood glucose meters must meet accuracy standards set by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). According to ISO 15197 Blood glucose meters must provide results that are within 20% of a laboratory standard 95% of the time (for concentrations about 75 mg/dL, absolute levels are used for lower concentrations). However, a variety of factors can affect the accuracy of a test. Factors affecting accuracy of various meters include calibration of meter, ambient temperature, pressure use to wipe off strip (if applicable), size and quality of blood sample, high levels of certain substances (such as ascorbic acid) in blood, hematocrit, dirt on meter, humidity, and aging of test strips.
    Glucose meter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    It seems that acorbic acid (Vitamin C) can affect meter readings. If you are taking a large dose of Vit C, that might explain your 100+ readings. Do you have any calibrating fluid for your meter?

Thanks for the information. I do not supplement vitamin C. I've had three binge days out of the last seven, so the higher numbers reflect that. The last sugar / carb blowout was on Tuesday night. My readings on this meter are in the normal range under 100 when I am behaving myself.

There is not calibrating fluid? for this type of meter. No wiping off. It is kept in it's case in the same place all the time. I have several different meters so maybe I will test them against each other.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I know from when Clint used to test(when I was working for the DME and was getting free meters and strips) we experimented for a week and found that all the meters were slightly different from one another. I tried to do a fat fast yesterday but I was craving fatty protein(better than carbs) so we had a meaty brinner of bacon, sausage and eggs and it was fabulous.

I have to say that I enjoyed my breakfast of 1 egg and 2 slices of bacon. My vitamins went down easier too. I am feeling less deprived. Energy is good, but I have Friday itis. Just want to be done.

Tonight instead of the gym, I will be taking my older sons to see "Little Shop of Horrors" at their high school.

Speaking of the gym, I am still reading up on Starting Strength, but have not implemented it yet.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Fun! I love high school plays. DS's school is doing "Rent" this year. Their sound system is not great in the auditorium so much of the conversations on stage get lost. It is sad because at DD's high school, Taylor Swift taped one of her videos there and so donated a new sound system and the crew to install it as payment. So the sound system in their auditorium is amazing. And consequently the plays they put on were easier to watch. While she was there (she played cello in the orchestra) they did Disney's "Beauty and the Beast", "Guys and Dolls", "The Sound of Music", and "Les Mis" (for which they actually cut a huge circle out of the stage and put it on a machine that would make it go around in a circle so they could have 3 scenes on the stage at once-crazy!). Beauty and the Beast was my favorite.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Our high school is doing Le Mis this weekend, but I am not so sure I want to see it done in a podunk town like this. I love Les Mis, but not sure I can see it here. I need to go see the movie.