Page 503 of 1092 FirstFirst ... 34034534935015025035045055135536031003 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,030 of 10912

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 503

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I figure, based on Dr EDE's findings, if my FBS is 55-65, then I will be in deep ketosis. (If I have followed all of the other guidelines. ie. Carbs, Protein, and Calories down.). I have about 4 different blood glucose monitors left over from my Mom. This way, I may never have to buy the ketone meter.

Okay, Today I am tired. Odd because I had another great night's sleep. BTW Great sleep seems to correspond to late workouts at the gym. Going to have a bouillon now and maybe one later.

1 thing I hate about FF, Feeling nauseous after taking my morning vitamins. Almost lost my BPC this morning.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    could you take them with lunch?

too bad the monitors you have don't have ketone monitoring ability.

Either way the strips are costly.

I could pack the vitamins if I remember them.

well that is true, and the combo of the low BS and weight loss pretty much tells you what you need to know.

I noticed that Dr. Ede does the urine ketone test at night (or maybe morning and night, now I can't remember) I want to go back and see how accurate they seem compared to her blood number. Jimmy Moore's don't really seem to correspond. I could never get the ketostix to change color, which is why I am going to break down and get the ketone monitor. Just bite the bullet. I decided that the money I save by eating less (and making my own almond and coconut milks) will pay for the sticks. How is that for rationalization!

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Pebs, you are becoming a scientist!

My Mom is using some anti-disorder tracking program to track her food, no calories, just write everything down and answer questions like did you binge. Anyway, she said there was advice to put ice in a baggie and hold it in your hand when you feel a binge coming on. Worth a shot I suppose. I may try it.

Oh, that is an interesting idea. My go to is L-glutamine powder under the tongue. Unfortunately it turns out to be cancer's second favorite food according to Dr. Seyfreid. Now I am scared to take it. Which is stupid because my binges are thousands of calories in sugar. Which is worse?

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Oh, that is an interesting idea. My go to is L-glutamine powder under the tongue. Unfortunately it turns out to be cancer's second favorite food according to Dr. Seyfreid. Now I am scared to take it. Which is stupid because my binges are thousands of calories in sugar. Which is worse?
    Anyway to do a search to see if there is an alternative to L-glutamine powder that wouldn't help the cancer grow?
    Georgette

I think that short term, you are probably better off stopping the binges. But suspect that you are going to have to eventually figure out what it is you are missing and fulfill the need, be it nutrition or physical or emotional or whatever. I really think you are getting closer and closer, but in the mean time, the binges cannot be good for you emotionally or physically so I say do what you can to stop it in its tracks.

Yup. Well today's FF is over. My husband made pork loin and asparagus and caramelized onions. By the time all was said and done, I ate to the level of my new macros.

I think I'll just eat the new macros tomorrow. My body wants food!