Page 502 of 1111 FirstFirst ... 24024524925005015025035045125526021002 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,020 of 11109

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 502

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I had no problem doing the FF & it definitely reset my hunger point - It was the loss of LBM & lack of any real BF loss that got to me. I'm going to try the 46g protein level now, but not sure if I should stick with 80% fat & fairly low cal (P 46g, C 5g, F 91g ratio 18-2-80 cals 1020) which is probably all I actual need to eat to feel full & is just over BMR-30% or up the fat to 85% fat (P 46g, C 5g, F 128g ratio 14-1-85 cals 1360) which is effectively my BMR but means I am eating cals for the sake of it. Any suggestions would be most welcome

PS am confused by how MFP calculates calories. Looking at Demuralist's number for yesterday I get

P 53g = 53x4 = 212 cal
    C 12 g = 12x4 = 48 cal
    F 114g = 114x9 = 1022 cals

total 1761 cal MFP total 1711

What am I missing?

PPS sorry to hijack your journal
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 02-20-2013 at 03:10 PM. Reason: PS

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I think you should start with your first option as a baseline, then if you get hungry you can add fat, but if not then you just stay there, see what happens after you give your body time to adjust. Most of what I have read, if I remember correctly, says it can take up to 6 weeks to get into ketosis, although it is likely after about 1 or 2 weeks for most people. But I think a fairly steady state is better that constant tweaking. IMHO

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    DG sometimes the cals and macros do not match due to user error.

Also to everyone, just because Dr. Seyfried's recommendation for cancer patients in BMR -30 does not mean a healthy person should do it. My lowest ca amt. will be about 10% below BMR and my highest up to 10% above.

+1 i do not intend to go nearly as low as his cancer recommendation. I have it set as a number i wont go below, unless i find out i do have cancer otherwise i intend to use my BMR as guide to hover on either side of by increasing my fat to totally satisfy hunger. I am hoping that I will be able to use this to learn to eat when hungry and stop when I am no longer hungry which is my ultimate goal.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    I have no intention purposefully eating to the cancer level. I mentioned it in passing only because P 46g 80% fat gets me to the same value almost.

These last few weeks have been a great experiment & I have learnt a lot but now is the time to get down to the serious business of a long term n=1. As next week is my photo & measure week now would be a good time.

Apart from weight loss my real goals are 1) to be able to listen to my body & eat appropriately & 2) to be able to have a PB treat in the house & not eat it all at once.

So from today my n=1 is:

46g protein, 5g carb, 80% fat = 1020 cals. 16hr IF. 1 tbsp coconut oil taken twice a day as per the Shangri-La Diet (can’t hurt to try as I’m taking it anyway). If my LBM drops after a week I will up the protein by 5g to a max of 62 (1xkg HSIS). If my weigh loss stalls or I am hungry I will up the CO by 7g (56 cals) to a max of 1250 total cals where upon I will re-evaluate my n=1 else there will be no further tweaking for the next 12 weeks

Thanks again both of you for your fantastic advice & support

Now I really must stop hijacking your journal
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 02-20-2013 at 11:32 PM.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Darlin darlin Pebbles - how are you getting on ?????? I so hope that you are practising that guitar.
    It really is a great stress release.......
    Anyway have been thinking of you and am hoping that all is good for you.
    Thats all I wanted to say
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Currently doing better Gwamma.

Ddraig Goch It's not a hijack, it's the topic of the moment.

FF Report

Wt. 230.2 -1.8 Made it through yesterday on 1079 cals (I accidentally put HnH in my coffee at the convenience store and decided to drink it anyway.) I had energy and mental clarity all day and then worked out at the gym for an hour.

BS 110, yesterday 106. Notice the jump. Lactic acid from the exercise?

Con't. FF today, but may have to eat a few more cals because hubs is cooking pork loin tonight.
    I am planning on going through Friday to get 3 solid days in. (This really isn't FF Day 4 because on Day 2 I had a binge that I didn't feel like confessing yesterday.)
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 02-21-2013 at 03:13 AM.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Even with your binge, looks like you're still doing good. WisH I knew more about loos sugar. I almost want to test mine, but I really don't have the justification.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

I had gestational diabetes during my second pregnancy (it was a very rough pregnancy I gotta tell ya), and had an aunt who had diabetes, so it is a concern to me. I will start testing when the monitor comes I think.