Page 501 of 1128 FirstFirst ... 4014514914995005015025035115516011001 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 11278

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 501

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    yeah, but I am not really going to try to hit that unless I get another cancer diagnosis, which I have no indication I will. What I am going to do though is hit below the 12g, but Net Carbs, and below 56g protein (I did the math wrong up there) then I will fill in with fat as needed to feel satisfied. That to me is reasonable, and allows me to eat when I think my body is asking for food without feeling like I "cheated" and still hopefully being able to stay in a pretty deep ketosis.

Thanks for doing the math for me So that means essentially that 79% will be my low end on the fat scale.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Which is excellent!

I don't know...These last two days on FF I have accomplished so much...That 1250 number is looking good...OK Just Kidding.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    ok.. if I am not around tomorrow you know I got a snow day and am trapped, I mean spending quality time with my 10 year old She will enjoy a snow day but will bounce off the walls. Ooops.. I need a snow shovel :S
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

let her shovel that always wore mine out. Then they had a nice little pile for a snowman and snow ball fights.

see, Paula, I didn't really feel any different on FF than before, I actually feel lots better right now, and if I could get a solid week of real sleep, I could freakin move mountains!

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I feel like the FF got me to tjis good point, but that I don't need to continue it to keep getting thesr results. Probably doesn't make any sense

I definitely think that the FF is what makes what I am doing now doable. And with my new goals, practically easy!

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    I had no problem doing the FF & it definitely reset my hunger point - It was the loss of LBM & lack of any real BF loss that got to me. I'm going to try the 46g protein level now, but not sure if I should stick with 80% fat & fairly low cal (P 46g, C 5g, F 91g ratio 18-2-80 cals 1020) which is probably all I actual need to eat to feel full & is just over BMR-30% or up the fat to 85% fat (P 46g, C 5g, F 128g ratio 14-1-85 cals 1360) which is effectively my BMR but means I am eating cals for the sake of it. Any suggestions would be most welcome

PS am confused by how MFP calculates calories. Looking at Demuralist's number for yesterday I get

P 53g = 53x4 = 212 cal
    C 12 g = 12x4 = 48 cal
    F 114g = 114x9 = 1022 cals

total 1761 cal MFP total 1711

What am I missing?

PPS sorry to hijack your journal
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 02-20-2013 at 03:10 PM. Reason: PS

I think you should start with your first option as a baseline, then if you get hungry you can add fat, but if not then you just stay there, see what happens after you give your body time to adjust. Most of what I have read, if I remember correctly, says it can take up to 6 weeks to get into ketosis, although it is likely after about 1 or 2 weeks for most people. But I think a fairly steady state is better that constant tweaking. IMHO

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    DG sometimes the cals and macros do not match due to user error.

Also to everyone, just because Dr. Seyfried's recommendation for cancer patients in BMR -30 does not mean a healthy person should do it. My lowest ca amt. will be about 10% below BMR and my highest up to 10% above.