Page 50 of 1113 FirstFirst ... 404849505152601001505501050 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 50

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I like your last paragraph. It is true. I should consider myself Primal all of the time and my off times as the 20% (which lately has been 50%). The problem is that I don't think Mark intended the 20% to include wheat, because that would defeat the purpose of attaining optimum health.

I'm pretty sure I will be giving up WW. I was really there for the last year to support my Mom. My monthly pass runs out on 11/24. That will give me time to say goodbye to the ladies. Maybe I'll start voice or guitar lessons.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Well, if you can include wheat in your 20% (for now) and it doesn't bring on other cravings, I think Mark intended this to be something you could do for life and not say "well I blew it now I might as well wait until Monday (or the 1st of the month or whatever)". I have a "naturally skinny" friend. She cannot gain weight. But she does watch what she eats in an attempt to stay healthy for life. But, if she opts to eat something that doesn't fit into her plan, she literally savors every single bite, considers it part of her plan right now, and gets back to what ever she would normally do next. I often use her as an example of how I want to view food. Mostly as a life giving force, and sometimes something to savor.

Guitar or voice lessons sound like a fantastic way to use that money. Take the emphasis off of diet and food and onto something you truly enjoy that will help to "round you out" as a sort of Rennaissance Woman!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Last night my 16 yr old son had his Fright Night Movie Fest. Four of his friends slept over. That made 6 teenage boys in my little ranch house. We had tons of food which they demolished pretty handily. We gathered up a bunch of baby blankets to leave around the living room as "Oh Shit" blankets to grab and throw over your face during the scary parts. At one point I looked in on them and they were each clutching a blanket. lol

When I got up at 5:30 this morning, "Alien" was still playing, So they must have been up until 4am. I'll make breakfast for them when I get home from the gym.

Weight 216. Funny, I felt thinner, but weighed more this am. Must be building muscle. My body likes the extra carbs.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 10-29-2011 at 06:47 AM.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I love Alien. You should have taken a picture of the boys. Would have been totally cute.
    Georgette

that is funny! My DD had a fright night movie sleepover a couple of years ago and when I went down in the morning all 7 teenage girls were sleeping on one queen sized futon with a big stick on the floor next to them!

I am definitely feeling better with a slightly higher carb count also.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

I'm so glad we had my son's party last night, because tonight would have been impossible. It is snowing like crazy. We already have 6-10 inches of heavy, wet snow. Unfortunately, my husband has to work tonight. I'm worried about him going out, but he is an excellent driver. UGH, Tomorrow we have to shovel it. Good LHT workout.

Unreal! Dh just talked to his brother and they have 8" (in Bethlehem, PA). Cannot fathom it. It is not even Halloween yet!
    Chris
    Unknown

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    wow, snow? i'm not ready for that yet. it's usually cold by now, but no snow besides a shower or two, until late january. half of our christmases aren't white anymore.

This past year was the first time that Nashville had had a white Christmas in like 90 years. We left very early that morning because we spend the week between Christmas and New Year's with friends in Florida.
    Chris
    Unknown

geostump is offline Senior Member
    It's been cold in Ohio today and we had some intermittent sprinkles. The sky had that snowy look to it today. Not quite ready for it yet.
    Georgette