Page 5 of 1185 FirstFirst ... 3456715551055051005 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 5

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    This week, I have been suffering from cravings, irritablity and tiredness. TOM is due in two days and I can't wait. I've been eating 1/2 a sweet potato with dinner for the last 2 nights as suggested by Kelda. It has made a difference in my binge control. I had one binge on Tuesday night. I had gotten home late and exhausted. Even though the hubs had dinner ready, It was too little too late. I started eating and didn't stop for 2 hours. Unfortunately, grains were involved, but I am grateful it was a small binge instead of a 5 day carb fest. That's Progress!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    So today I started feeling the first signs of PMS. I feel irritable, but worse than that I am food obsessing. I will work the plan - up fats, eat more primal food, take supplements and fight like hell to get through this week clean. I should be fine by next week.

I still feel like a Goddess, just a cranky one.
    That's one of the perks of being a goddess. If you get cranky you can just smite a few random people with lightning bolts. Always makes me feel better

Hi Paleobird, Thanks for visiting.

So my bid to control my binges during PMS week was not very successful. I had three binge days, despite using all the advice that I have gleaned from the forums. I am currently reading "The Mood Cure". I am going to add some amino acids and see what happens in March. The cravings have gone away again, so I am back on track.
    It has taken me a week to reach my pre-binge weight. GRRR I have to remember that this is a lifestyle and that I am making progress in weight loss and health even with the stumbles along the way.

PDXRunner is offline Junior Member
    Hi Paleobird, Thanks for visiting.

I have to remember that this is a lifestyle and that I am making progress in weight loss and health even with the stumbles along the way.
    Hi, I just started reading your journal. I actually had to tell myself to stop. LOL... I can never stop reading!
    Well, anyway, in your last post you wrote the sentence above... and I think you should print it out and put it somewhere you can see it. It's a lifestyle!! All the best to you. You can do it!

Yes, that is an excellent suggestion.

I see that you are from Portland. My Dad lived there for 20 years. Sadly I was never able to visit him. He is buried in Williamette (sp?) cemetery.

Thanks for posting.

Last night my husband and I attended a family wedding. I had on my new dress and heels. The 32 pound loss was really shown off by my outfit. I got compliments from men, women and even the younger crowd. I was able to eat Primally as well. I'm really feeling like a Goddess today.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    That's because you are a Goddess!

I'm glad you had such positive feedback after all your hard work.

Thanks Em!

Just for the record, here are my Feb Whole 30 results:

My biggest change: I was able to keep dairy out for the month.

I lost 7 pounds, 2 inches, 1 % in body fat and 1 point of BMI. Dropping Dairy made a big difference for me, so I will continue to leave it alone.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Okay gang, I have reached my PMS week again. This has usually been the week that I lose it and binge on carbs, mostly grains for 3 to 5 days.

I am halfway through the week and am fine even with the extra stress of being sick at the same time. I usually "feed a cold".lol

As stated earlier, this month I have added two amino acids L-Tyrosine and 5HTP. They seem to have made a huge difference, but I will not claim victory until March 15th a full 30 days from my last binge.

This weeks Stats Down a 1/2 pound and 2 inches. I increased my heavy lifting weights alot this week so I probably built muscle.
    Weight -.6
    Arms 15
    Waist 35
    Hips 48 -1
    Thighs 29
    Chest 42 -1
    BF 40.3%
    BMI 35.1
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 03-09-2011 at 12:48 PM.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

denise is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Okay gang, I have reached my PMS week again. This has usually been the week that I lose it and binge on carbs, mostly grains for 3 to 5 days.

I am halfway through the week and am fine even with the extra stress of being sick at the same time. I usually "feed a cold".lol

As stated earlier, this month I have added two amino acids L-Tyrosine and 5HTP. They seem to have made a huge difference, but I will not claim victory until March 15th a full 30 days from my last binge.

This weeks Stats Down a 1/2 pound and 2 inches. I increased my heavy lifting weights alot this week so I probably built muscle.
    Weight -.6
    Arms 15
    Waist 35
    Hips 48 -1
    Thighs 29
    Chest 42 -1
    BF 40.3%
    BMI 35.1
    well done - especially on the whole30! I don't think I changed shape/size etc at all. You should be very proud, everything going in the right direction - and March 15th is CLOSE!! Miraculously, I have now managed 13 binge/purge free weeks! Still can't believe that - I don't think anyone who hasn't "been there" could understand what that means!