Page 499 of 1184 FirstFirst ... 399449489497498499500501509549599999 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,990 of 11834

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 499

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Those are numbers for general health. I even found a body building site which said eating too much protein for your needs can raise glucose. They recommended the max of 2.5 for heavy lifting athletes.

Luckily, the low end .8 -1.0 multiplier would be the right level for deep ketosis too.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Those are numbers for general health. I even found a body building site which said eating too much protein for your needs can raise glucose. They recommended the max of 2.5 for heavy lifting athletes.

Luckily, the low end .8 -1.0 multiplier would be the right level for deep ketosis too.
    Good deal. Thanks P

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Hi Pebbles
    I tried to friend you the other day in MFP - Am interested in your FF food diary Maybe I sent it to another pebbles?

PS: thx for the research on protein. It confirms what we already know so that's good
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 02-20-2013 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Ps

Yes, I just received the notification today and accepted the request. Since I had planned my FF day on Monday night, I did not go on there yesterday.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Wowza! You are a wonder woman, you get off track and jump on the even faster fat fast wagon. Shit, that is amazing. We are doing this. I am back on track, but realizing that I need to make some treats until I get back to not being hungry, even though I know it is sugar/mind related.

I've been playing with some numbers for after the Fat Fast. One of the things I am enjoying on the low calorie plan is the mental clarity. I wondered how low cal I could eat and still get all my macros. No, I am not dropping my cals to starvation, just thinking about Dr Seyfried's cancer work and his low carb, medium protein, low cal tenets. He suggests eating 30% below BMR (for me 1250 cals), which I would do if I had cancer.

If my carb goal is 20, my protein goal is 60, and I want fat at 80%, then the lowest I could eat is 1600 cals. If I add in 15 more grams of protein, that brings me to 1660 but only 76% fat. I would have to eat 1900 to get back to the 80% fat level.

Therefore, I see my calorie goals should be nearer to 1600 on non workout days and 1900 on workout days.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post

If my carb goal is 20, my protein goal is 60, and I want fat at 80%, then the lowest I could eat is 1600 cals. If I add in 15 more grams of protein, that brings me to 1660 but only 76% fat. I would have to eat 1900 to get back to the 80% fat level.
    This is me daily but I sure dont see it as low cal. Of course, I am not the power-house workout person you are
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

No, it isn't low cal, just lower than I have been eating. At 5'10" 232lbs my BMR is currently 1788. I was looking to see if I could make a program that would be below BMR and still give me enough food.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I've found that with the circus in town, my body is craving protein hardcore. I was eating fatty chicken and cheese on top of dinner last night.
    Georgette

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Paula, in my journal, I whined because the modified FF (1100-1200 calories) "only" yielded a loss of about 3 pounds (the reasons for being disappointed explained). Now, I don't know if my results are due to being sick or the FF (but I did have at least 1 day before I got sick), but my appetite has suddenly gone down and I went from 165.8 (starting FF weight) to 159 today (10 days). For me, that's a MONSTER loss (I'm lucky for 1 lb a week).

I guess I'm trying to say that you might naturally find things moving along after the FF at say 1600 calories (which might feel like a lot) without needing to resort to 1200 calories. Just a thought. As I said, not sure if my results can be extended....(although Chris did say, I think, that she too has a decreased appetite).