Page 499 of 1175 FirstFirst ... 399449489497498499500501509549599999 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,990 of 11749

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 499

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    that is interesting. It is probably a very good idea to increase your protein on heavy work out days, and let yourself creep up during TOM too. I was reading yesterday that TOM decreases any number of nutrients that eating meat helps to alleviate. Wish I could remember where I saw it, sorry. (it may have been on the Dr. Ede protein page?)

canio6 Guest
    Experimentations continue. I hope you find what works for you P.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I wanted to add that most places I researched said that we eat way too much protein, and even the heaviest exercisers should not need more than 1.5 x wt in KG with an absolute max of 2.5 for athletes.

This gives me hope that I can eat 60-75g protein and still manage deep ketosis. I have been eating 75 up to 90.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I wanted to add that most places I researched said that we eat way too much protein, and even the heaviest exercisers should not need more than 1.5 x wt in KG with an absolute max of 2.5 for athletes.

This gives me hope that I can eat 60-75g protein and still manage deep ketosis. I have been eating 75 up to 90.
    Are those numbers the grams needed to be in ketosis or needed for overall health? Presuming one was not trying to be in ketosis and therefore kept their fat lower and carbs higher is the same amount of protein recommended or is this the recommended amount for those loading up on fat/cutting carbs to achieve ketosis?

Those are numbers for general health. I even found a body building site which said eating too much protein for your needs can raise glucose. They recommended the max of 2.5 for heavy lifting athletes.

Luckily, the low end .8 -1.0 multiplier would be the right level for deep ketosis too.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Those are numbers for general health. I even found a body building site which said eating too much protein for your needs can raise glucose. They recommended the max of 2.5 for heavy lifting athletes.

Luckily, the low end .8 -1.0 multiplier would be the right level for deep ketosis too.
    Good deal. Thanks P

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Hi Pebbles
    I tried to friend you the other day in MFP - Am interested in your FF food diary Maybe I sent it to another pebbles?

PS: thx for the research on protein. It confirms what we already know so that's good
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 02-20-2013 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Ps

Yes, I just received the notification today and accepted the request. Since I had planned my FF day on Monday night, I did not go on there yesterday.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Wowza! You are a wonder woman, you get off track and jump on the even faster fat fast wagon. Shit, that is amazing. We are doing this. I am back on track, but realizing that I need to make some treats until I get back to not being hungry, even though I know it is sugar/mind related.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've been playing with some numbers for after the Fat Fast. One of the things I am enjoying on the low calorie plan is the mental clarity. I wondered how low cal I could eat and still get all my macros. No, I am not dropping my cals to starvation, just thinking about Dr Seyfried's cancer work and his low carb, medium protein, low cal tenets. He suggests eating 30% below BMR (for me 1250 cals), which I would do if I had cancer.

If my carb goal is 20, my protein goal is 60, and I want fat at 80%, then the lowest I could eat is 1600 cals. If I add in 15 more grams of protein, that brings me to 1660 but only 76% fat. I would have to eat 1900 to get back to the 80% fat level.

Therefore, I see my calorie goals should be nearer to 1600 on non workout days and 1900 on workout days.