Page 499 of 1106 FirstFirst ... 399449489497498499500501509549599999 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,990 of 11058

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 499

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    truncated...
    ^what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    At least March has a fifth week, so an extra pay period. Maybe we'll get caught up then if we don't owe the gov't. too much.
    I have a great spreadsheet that I use to track where each dollar we earn is going to be spent. It accounts for "5th week" pay periods as well, if you want to look at it. I'd be willing to email it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Kymma, you are such a sage. Even when you are sorting out your own things on your journal, I feel enlightened for having read your posts .
    Agreed!!!

Paula, I'm interested in your new experiment and will keep close tabs on it. I hope all is going well with you emotionally and mentally today.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    You go girl! Great plan!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    How did today go? By the end of day 2, I was ready to move on. It did great things for me, but still ready to move on.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Day 2 was my good day. 1 & 3 were not fun

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Fat Fast Day 3

WT 232 same
    BS 106 (103 yesterday)
    Ketostix - skipped

Last night was rough. My brain was screaming for food. Today I thought I would get up and have a protein drink to make sure I was getting 60g protein with my high fat. Alas. I have no more Protein Powder. So regular FF it is. Not sure if this is my last day or not.

I looked up info on protein intake for exercise and the news is interesting.
    Weight in lbs x .36 for the average person. (The lowest I saw was 46g / day sedentary women and 56g/ day sedentary men)
    Or .8g per kg. For me, both formulas come to 60grams of protein

For heavier exercisers the range is 1 g to a max of 2.5 g / kg. For me 75 with a max of 188. I have never eaten over 130.

I am setting my new protein goal to 60-75. I may eat the extra protein after heavy workouts.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 02-20-2013 at 05:19 AM.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    that is interesting. It is probably a very good idea to increase your protein on heavy work out days, and let yourself creep up during TOM too. I was reading yesterday that TOM decreases any number of nutrients that eating meat helps to alleviate. Wish I could remember where I saw it, sorry. (it may have been on the Dr. Ede protein page?)

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Experimentations continue. I hope you find what works for you P.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

I wanted to add that most places I researched said that we eat way too much protein, and even the heaviest exercisers should not need more than 1.5 x wt in KG with an absolute max of 2.5 for athletes.

This gives me hope that I can eat 60-75g protein and still manage deep ketosis. I have been eating 75 up to 90.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I wanted to add that most places I researched said that we eat way too much protein, and even the heaviest exercisers should not need more than 1.5 x wt in KG with an absolute max of 2.5 for athletes.

This gives me hope that I can eat 60-75g protein and still manage deep ketosis. I have been eating 75 up to 90.
    Are those numbers the grams needed to be in ketosis or needed for overall health? Presuming one was not trying to be in ketosis and therefore kept their fat lower and carbs higher is the same amount of protein recommended or is this the recommended amount for those loading up on fat/cutting carbs to achieve ketosis?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Those are numbers for general health. I even found a body building site which said eating too much protein for your needs can raise glucose. They recommended the max of 2.5 for heavy lifting athletes.

Luckily, the low end .8 -1.0 multiplier would be the right level for deep ketosis too.