Page 495 of 1139 FirstFirst ... 395445485493494495496497505545595995 ... LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,950 of 11382

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 495

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I love you Geo. That's my new motto..."You can't be pissed off at me one minute and then expect me to FU the next."

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Men do this shit ALL the time(sorry Jon).
    Another added benefit of voluntary celibacy is that none of these statements apply to me. That and I am way too good a husband to pull any of this shit (kidding)

Yes I recognize that there are good relationships and wonderful men. My husband can be a wonderful man too.

There were signs early on that maybe our personalities were not the most compatible. Unfortunately, I was a woman who had been fat since childhood. Suddenly in my early 20s I got thin, met a great guy with a great family who wanted to marry me. It was easy to ignore those worrisome issues.

My husband is going through a bad time. Maybe things will get better later.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I think one of the issues is that the only person who seems to be actively working at "making things better" is you, and that's too great a burden from the perspective of all of us on the outside. And probably you can tell that too, as it seems to motivate much of your stress if you look at it like "work".

Your husband seems either to float along a bit oblivious or instigate out of his own frustrations at not actively doing... until you break and push back and then he pulls his dance card out to smooth the situation.

However, until he decides to actively participate in healing the situation the only thing you really can do is work on you and loving yourself, be as positive towards the relationship as possible because that is really all you can do as well, and hope he wakes up and sees what he is missing out on... this is not work, it's love.

There is a great deal to be said for acknowledging what you can and cannot control in a situation. You control you. Not him. Except that by loving yourself and being positive about your relationship he might come to reflect the same back into the relationship.
    Last edited by cori93437; 02-17-2013 at 04:10 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

BTW Cori What the hell did you ever do to anna5? She does not like you.

+1 to everything you said above. I need to get to the point where I don't allow him or the situation to derail me.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Anna-Oh... I told her I don't believe in circumcision. That's all.
    She kinda has issues...

Anyway.
    Lots of self reflection at my house lately.
    Can you tell.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    having said he is a great guy from a great family, tells me there is something in there that is good. Did he change over time or was it directly timed with the job issues?

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Anna-Oh... I told her I don't believe in circumcision. That's all.
    She kinda has issues...
    Yes, she reads, "Good morning" and responds with, "OMFG! WHY DO YOU HATE JEWS SO MUCH!!!!1"

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Yes, she reads, "Good morning" and responds with, "OMFG! WHY DO YOU HATE JEWS SO MUCH!!!!1"
    Lost
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

canio6 Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Lost
    anna5. she is a poster here. No matter what you say she sees it as anti-Semitic.