Page 492 of 1173 FirstFirst ... 392442482490491492493494502542592992 ... LastLast
Results 4,911 to 4,920 of 11728

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 492

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I used to love lifting weights back in the day... but...
    Lack of brain pressure control and big bars with weight plates just seems like a really bad idea.

I stick to body weight... and remember how ripped some of those body weight only dudes get... and say, OK... nm.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Other Body building sites recommend the Row because the Power Clean can be so dangerous if done incorrectly. It is in the FAQ I posted this morning.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    I never did learn to like the power clean
    ehh... I prefer that to manual scrub....

^ Do tell.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    ^^ This thread is always guaranteed to make me giggle and smile (and sometimes blush).

On a more serious note, My husband is driving me crazy. He obsessively worries about everything, lays it all on me, and then does nothing to fix the problems. I could tell you the whole story, but I have said it all before.
    This morning he and the older boys are at the firehouse working a pancake breakfast. Is it bad that I am happy not to have to deal with him this morning?

Food issues - I want to binge over the above. But there are other things wrong as well. I'm in ketosis again, and again I am feeling tired, no desire to do anything , my emotions are flat, maybe I am even a little depressed. Today I decided that this was unacceptable. I have mapped out my food day to include 75g of carb (not including fiber), 95g protein, 65% fat, 2000 calories. In essence, I am trying moderate carb and protein with high fat. I had to bump up my cals to get the 65% fat. if I went to 60% I could eat fewer cals. The result already is that I feel less "down" and I am actually cleaning my house.

Hopefully, I can still get the anti binge value with the happiness factor as well. Not sure if I can claim to be aiming for NK. Dr. Attia eats 4000 cals / day with 200+g carbs, so being NK is not necessarily tied to being under 50 g carb.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Paula, I think you can reasonably make the argument that with all the exercise that you do your calories should be at least 2000. Not trying to through a fly in the ointment but maybe you could try doing the 2000 calories with percentages that would still allow you to be in ketosis. (or did you? I am horrible at percentages) 65%/20%/15% or 70%/20%/10% even. I sort of feel like it is the fat that keeps you out of binging and that you turn to carbs which seems to start a trend.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I was noticing that about the fat as well. You did so well keeping the binges at bay with high fat.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Paula, I think you can reasonably make the argument that with all the exercise that you do your calories should be at least 2000. Not trying to through a fly in the ointment but maybe you could try doing the 2000 calories with percentages that would still allow you to be in ketosis. (or did you? I am horrible at percentages) 65%/20%/15% or 70%/20%/10% even. I sort of feel like it is the fat that keeps you out of binging and that you turn to carbs which seems to start a trend.

I agree with this. You seemed to be doing really well on LCHF. Then again, I think part of it was that you were locked in, confident, and putting your success forefront. You seem to be sliding back into stress (ie. husband issues), and while I am the last person to talk to anyone about stress, seriously P, focus on you. Let your husband's issues be his for a while. He's a big boy; he'll live.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    ^ this, you seem to be "talking" in a different voice than the one I heard during the 25 days of binge freeness