Page 490 of 1183 FirstFirst ... 390440480488489490491492500540590990 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,900 of 11824

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 490

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Guitar I played more folk songs last night. The improvement in speed moving from one chord to another has been exponential. Of course right now I am only doing the easy chords.

Starting Strength I downloaded the ebook from Amazon last night. Yes, there are free versions on the web, but I don't want to steal money from the guy. I may download a free pdf version so that I can print diagrams etc. I also found a really great FAQ for the program Starting Strength- Complete Guide
    I, of course, want to jump in right away, but good technique is the most important thing. I have been watching Rippetoe's videos on You Tube.

EMF Wt. 230.8, still up. I have got to stop reading the "45+" thread. I am starting to feel confused. Don't get me wrong, I still believe in lchf, but I have been wondering if I could move the fat percentage back down to 70% (currently 80%) and allow a little more protein.

Snowing this morning, I need to leave at 8am to hit cardio kick at the gym.

canio6 Guest
    It sounds like you have things well in hand. How are you liking SS so far? I was talking to K about getting a copy but she is more inclined to get some fitness thing for the Xbox, which seems counter-intuitive to me, but what do I know?

Yeah, a lot of confusing threads out there, and depending on which one you read you could pretty much do anything and still call it primal it seems. I wish you the best of luck finding the n=1 that works best for you.

Personally, I can't do the lchf because I can't bring myself to add butter or 1/2 a cup of HWC to my coffee when I could just eat a couple more eggs, which of course ups the protein etc.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    My last set of goals increases the protein goal and decreases the carb goal, my fat hovers around 75%. I think if you are going to start strength it would not be a bad idea to increase the protein, at least on lifting days. Within the LCHF community I have seen numbers that figure protein anywhere from .8g/kg of goal body weight to 1.5g/kg of goal body weight. I think as long as you are keeping your carbs low, which is what will get and keep you in ketosis, you probably have a lot of leeway with the fat and protein macros.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Personally, I can't do the lchf because I can't bring myself to add butter or 1/2 a cup of HWC to my coffee when I could just eat a couple more eggs, which of course ups the protein etc.
    So eat the egg yolks for the fat.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    It sounds like you have things well in hand. How are you liking SS so far? I was talking to K about getting a copy but she is more inclined to get some fitness thing for the Xbox, which seems counter-intuitive to me, but what do I know?

SS makes total sense to me. I feel very impatient to jump right in, but for now I am following his recommendations for the set up of each move. I held the bar in position on my back for the squat this morning. I did not squat. I worked on the bench press form as well. That one doesn't need as much prep. I think the great thing is going to be the time saving feature. three moves per workout, 5 reps, three sets. I will start working the program at home and then move it to the gym when I gain some confidence and/or max out my home weights.

Yeah, a lot of confusing threads out there, and depending on which one you read you could pretty much do anything and still call it primal it seems. I wish you the best of luck finding the n=1 that works best for you.

Yeah, to reach 80%, I have to have a Bullet Proof coffee in the am with 1 tbsp CO and 2 tbsp HWC, a Tea in the evening with 1 tbsp CO plus other added fats during the day. The only question I have is how much did the 10% extra fat help me to keep from binging. I find my protein is also consistently too high according to my old macros. So allowing myself more is better. I am now hitting between .7g and .8g of Lean Body Mass (134lbs)

Chris, My new Protein goal is my goal wt. in Kg x 1.5, so that seems right on. My carb goal is still 20g.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 02-16-2013 at 10:54 AM.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I LOVE SS. I think it is a really solid program. I had some amazing results. I hope to restart it someday. Please do watch your form though - form before weight, always. Once you start upping those weights (and it happens really pretty fast), if your form is not SPOT on, you can seriously hurt yourself. I squatted at 15 lb (seriously, that low) for a long time because I couldn't get my range of motion right (I do not have good mobility). Once I got that down pat, the weight added fast and I felt strong. At some point, I would even suggest a trainer (but someone who knows how to do these lifts - most gym trainers do NOT) to watch your form and correct you. [Sorry for the mini lecture I just don't want to see you get hurt.]

I agree Ruth. It is one of the reasons I have taken so long to jump into it. The good news is that I have my training buddy. I am going to send him the info on the program so he can be my spotter and help me with form.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I hope you enjoy it. I really do like it. I'm just not in a place right now to do consistent training. Once I get my life ordered again, I will return. In the meantime, I'm attempting to work on my mobility. I'm super strong (think it comes from my grandma's German genes), but without mobility, I can't nail the form.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Yeah, to reach 80%, I have to have a Bullet Proof coffee in the am with 1 tbsp CO and 2 tbsp HWC, a Tea in the evening with 1 tbsp CO plus other added fats during the day. The only question I have is how much did the 10% extra fat help me to keep from binging. I find my protein is also consistently too high according to my old macros. So allowing myself more is better. I am now hitting between .7g and .8g of Lean Body Mass (134lbs)

Chris, My new Protein goal is my goal wt. in Kg x 1.5, so that seems right on. My carb goal is still 20g.
    For all the exercise you do that is probably an excellent protein goal. Mine is just slightly over 1x's goal weight but i dont strength train so i am sure it is enough for me.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hehe... Canio.
    Eat them eggs!

N=1

I actually pretty much hate eating food...
    Drinking it is just easier.
    If I didn't KNOW it was so seriously unhealthy I'd probably try to get by drinking all my calories.
    'Cept sometimes I like steak flavor, or duck flavor, or fatty pork flavor... and that doesn't come in beverage form.

Actually it's a medical issue for me... it used to not be that way or I would never have gotten fat in the first place, obviously.

What are those high fat eggs they do called... "tri-clops".
    One whole egg, two extra yolks. I imagine it's rich and tasty.
    Ugh... too early in the day for me to be talking food.
    Just the thought makes me feel like retching-up.
    Last edited by cori93437; 02-16-2013 at 12:04 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.