Page 490 of 1114 FirstFirst ... 390440480488489490491492500540590990 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,900 of 11140

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 490

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Shop Now
    Maybe towards the next car payment? It's not much, but it's something!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    i would think limiting myself to one reward a month for binge free behavior would lead me to a fukitol attitude. For instance on day 15 I find something I really really really want, so I buy it. There is my one reward... so now I have 15 days where I have to be good without a reward... screw that my mind would say... I say give yourself TWO rewards a month. One midway and one at the end. Why would a dog sit if there's no treat in it??
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I am so NOT musical
    You are not alone.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I'm doing my rewards a bit differently. A pro pedicure once I am under 200 lbs. I will come up with others as mini goals progress. Setting them that way is best for me.

I am also very unmusical, as it were.
    Georgette

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I am not good at using rewards. If I attach them to a behavior, I can do this for a little while, but they are totally useless if I attach them to weight goals. I just can't think of many things I want as reward. Basically if I want it I get it or talk myself out of it. I am not good at putting off gratification. Which is probably part of my weight problem in the first place.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm, thinking about the reward system for myself. I would need to make it really good. I get myself little rewards here and there because I used to have to be tight with money all the time, so now I spend a little on me when I want to.

I am thinking for every 30 days of eating no grains, no sugar, and no binges, I will place $100 in "savings" for new clothes when I reach goal weight. If I achieve 15 days in a row, it is $30, and if it is 20 it would be $40, and 25 days $50. I can keep a tally, so that when I reach goal weight, I can see all the hard work that I put in and get some great outfits out of it

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymma View Post
    Hmmm, thinking about the reward system for myself. I would need to make it really good. I get myself little rewards here and there because I used to have to be tight with money all the time, so now I spend a little on me when I want to.

I am thinking for every 30 days of eating no grains, no sugar, and no binges, I will place $100 in "savings" for new clothes when I reach goal weight. If I achieve 15 days in a row, it is $30, and if it is 20 it would be $40, and 25 days $50. I can keep a tally, so that when I reach goal weight, I can see all the hard work that I put in and get some great outfits out of it
    As with everything, no one thing works for all people. I would LOVE to be able to do this, but finances would prevent it. I wish you luck with this and can just imagine the amazing wardrobe you could get through this kind of success!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    As with everything, no one thing works for all people. I would LOVE to be able to do this, but finances would prevent it. I wish you luck with this and can just imagine the amazing wardrobe you could get through this kind of success!
    Well, I most likely wouldn't put it in savings, because I most likely won't have that much to do so with. I would most likely allow myself to buy outfits over time or at least just go spend $ on clothes and not feel bad. Like a bank on a video game, earning guilt free shopping for some time in the future with future money that I don't have. LOL. I will have to buy new clothes if I get back to 170, as I got rid of all but my favorite clothes in those sizes.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Exactly! I am going to keep an account of all the money I "earn" to buy something really fabulous when we are more flush. I'll allow one $30 or under item/month. That way I am encouraged to behave as much as possible. I still have $15 to spend in February, but could turn that into $30 by the end of the month.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Guitar I played more folk songs last night. The improvement in speed moving from one chord to another has been exponential. Of course right now I am only doing the easy chords.

Starting Strength I downloaded the ebook from Amazon last night. Yes, there are free versions on the web, but I don't want to steal money from the guy. I may download a free pdf version so that I can print diagrams etc. I also found a really great FAQ for the program Starting Strength- Complete Guide
    I, of course, want to jump in right away, but good technique is the most important thing. I have been watching Rippetoe's videos on You Tube.

EMF Wt. 230.8, still up. I have got to stop reading the "45+" thread. I am starting to feel confused. Don't get me wrong, I still believe in lchf, but I have been wondering if I could move the fat percentage back down to 70% (currently 80%) and allow a little more protein.

Snowing this morning, I need to leave at 8am to hit cardio kick at the gym.