Page 49 of 1157 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159991495491049 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 49

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have increased my carb intake as well, I just feel better if it hovers around 50 (I do net carbs).

Good idea to go back and figure out what worked! good luck
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday I ate around 2200 calories 50% fat, 30% protein (144 gms), 20% carb. It was an odd day because we took the kids out to the local wing place. Normally I would be around 1600 or 1700 calories.

My weight is 215.8. Its up, but I expected that. I worked out late last night and had my protein drink at 8 pm.

The cool thing about yesterday was my mood. Happy and energetic all day.

canio6 Guest
    Happy and energetic is great! Wings...yeah, those rock as well

I am at a Natalie Merchant concert in a beautiful old church. It is a breast cancer fundraiser.

Food 1269 calories 45%fat 35%protein 20%carb. Feeling great!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I am at a Natalie Merchant concert in a beautiful old church. It is a breast cancer fundraiser.

Food 1269 calories 45%fat 35%protein 20%carb. Feeling great!
    Jealous! Have a great time tonight!
    Georgette

canio6 Guest
    I read in another thread something about fitting into sexy halloween costumes and your husband encouraging you to buy more. I thought that deserve a big "WOOT WOOT!" Go on with your ass kicking self

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I read in another thread something about fitting into sexy halloween costumes and your husband encouraging you to buy more. I thought that deserve a big "WOOT WOOT!" Go on with your ass kicking self
    +1
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Yeah, I've been bad about posting here, but I couldn't resist that thread. lol

Okay, so yesterday I figured out my Basal Metabolic Rate then my average calorie burn per day (2600). I am eating on average 1900 cals/day, so by calorie theory, I should lose at least one pound / week. It will be interesting to see if that works out to be true. I am eating 75-100 carbs/day and feel good at that level.

The key, of course is staying on plan for more than a few days. I am currently 3 days clean. Wt. 215.

I may finally be done with Weight Watchers. I had a very emotional time on Tuesday when I went to the WW meeting that my Mom and I attended together for the first time since her death. Everybody already knew due to an e-mail I sent to them, so I got lots of sympathy. It was uncomfortable though because there was a new leader who didn't know my Mom. I felt as if I didn't belong anymore even though I am a founding member of that group. Then I heard someone say the name Wilma, my Mother's name and not a very common one. Weird...at some point in the last month another woman named Wilma joined that group. I heard the Casablanca quote in my head..."of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world she walks into mine". I cried all the way home.
    I don't know, I may change groups or just drop it all together and save 40 bucks a month.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    FWIW I would quit, $40 a month could easily be used in a more useful way. (a new pair of shoes comes to mind or on a good bargain hunting day an outfit).

You made me grin with your Casablanca quote, but I know it was likely not something that made you grin. I fear you are in for more than a few of these types of moments in the coming months, and my heart goes out to you. Know they are coming and be careful not to use them as an excuse to derail yourself.

p.s. I think that the WW meetings may be keeping your head in the "diet" mode. You really are a different person than when you started Primal and this isn't really about being a fluffy person on a diet trying to get thinner and healthy. I think you need to give yourself a new definition such that there really isn't an on the wagon off the wagon mentality anymore, you are a primal girl now.
    Chris
    Unknown