Page 480 of 1134 FirstFirst ... 380430470478479480481482490530580980 ... LastLast
Results 4,791 to 4,800 of 11332

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 480

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Everybody's saying what I wish I could say today. So take their words on my behalf . The idea of a Valentine's Day donut sounds really good to me (local donut shop has the best, and they're open very early, so I could surprise Hulky), but when I think of actually eating one, I think of how it mostly tastes like flour and sugar, and that's not very fulfilling or interesting to me. Weird.
    Yeah, the commercial had me wanting one of the brownie batter filled ones. Really, it wasn't anything that special. Now the craving is out of my system.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I drive by a donut place every morning (it's even the Southern Maid, which are the only decent donuts around here.) Each morning, I flirt with the thought of a donut or an eclair. Each morning, I remember that they probably fry in cottonseed oil and the donuts are probably lukewarm at best. Each morning, I think bittersweet thoughts damning PB as I keep driving.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Bummer.

On to a better day.

And watch out for a crash from your sugar high. Be ready with any remedies that help.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Yeah, the commercial had me wanting one of the brownie batter filled ones. Really, it wasn't anything that special. Now the craving is out of my system.
    Well then, it has served its purpose. That's good!

You'll have the next few days to monitor and see if something helps with the fatigue. When I led a Whole30 thread on here early in 2012, reporting in there and checking in with other members kept me on track. But it's important to remember that you are truly only accountable to yourself. We are all proud of you, and we are all responsible for our own behavior (I worried sometimes that if I went off track, someone else would too). I'm not sure I'm saying what I want to say here, but I guess I am hoping you won't be hard on yourself for this.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Bummer.

On to a better day.

And watch out for a crash from your sugar high. Be ready with any remedies that help.
    Oh, good call. Might want to be ready with some bouillon?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Paula, how many times have you binged since the first of the year? Not many. How often were you binging last year. A lot more than that. Celebrate the victory, learn from the failure. You are a wonderful lady and cannot expect 100% compliance from the get-go on a behavior that has been around for a long time.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Paula, why should you feel like you are failing the EMF group? To me, it's encouraging to see people lead a journey that isn't perfect. Sometimes I get depressed reading Mark's Friday success stories. I swear to heavens everyone there gets to their goal in a matter of a few short months. Which, by the way, I totally celebrate...but, it's not me and I can't relate as well. I'm sometimes not sure I'll ever to get my goal weight. So, reading honest journeys of ups and downs, and coming back from the downs, there's a lot there and that's NOT a failure.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    2 binges and one permissive eating day, but I'm right in the middle of it, so I can't tell how many more there will be. Yes, it is better and I could live with three binges a month, except that I will make no weightloss progress that way.

Here is the truth of the last two months so that you all understand why I downplay my January weight loss. I started EMF in early December at about 242. I was down to 235 on xmas eve. 8 Day holiday binge fest. Jan 1st 247.5 lbs. Got down to 233.
    Jan. 12-15 binge, back up to 242. Clean until Feb 10. Got down to 228.8. Today 234.

It seems like a hopeless situation for weightloss, but at least I eat healthier most days of the month.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Funny, most of my upset is based on failing the EMF group and having to report a gain for the week on Friday. I don't even have any helpful observations to report about the changes I made to combat fatigue, because the binges started at the same time. I am probably feeling energetic today because I am high on sugar.
    Paula, you haven't failed any of us. Hell, you're still an inspiration to all of us doing this. If it weren't for you starting this thread and WOE, I'd be in the same yo-yo hell I've been in all my life. So don't say its a "failure". You had a momentary lapse in judgement. This of this as trying to get away from *insert any guy here who could be a temptation* and you keep going back because you know that he is great, but you need to get away from him as the temptation can kill you. You can do this. Just take it one meal at a time. That is all you can do. You are fighting the good fight. Love ya!
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Paula, I believe you're one of the main champions of primal for health, not just weight. Even if you do or don't need to lose weight (not up for discussion, your decision), you're in it for the long haul. Get healthy, get your brain and mind healthy, then worry about your body. No one's perfect. If you were, we likely wouldn't be friends because I'd call you a sham. You've come so far in such a short time. That's amazing in and of itself. You've only JUST found your key. You gotta grease the lock before it works all the time every time.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome