Page 48 of 1113 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058981485481048 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 48

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I was doing the Leptin Reset Protocol (3 meals/day, no snacks) , but not following the exercise recommendations of Dr Kruse as I don't agree with them (for me). I have been lifting in the gym since before I became Primal. (3/4 of my workouts are at night.)
    Now with this change in when I drink my Whey protein, some days I will be having 4 meals and not enough protein at breakfast. So technically, I guess I am no longer doing the Leptin Reset. I will still do the no snack thing.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    The best thing to do after a loss is to get back into a normal routine. I wish I could have gone back to work immediately after my mom passed, but with no daycare for the girls, I couldn't. Going back to work was so difficult for me that I was sent home from work because I had a breakdown in the office. So I went clothes shopping. Great therapy lol.
    Georgette

Thanks for sharing that, Geo. Today I had a moment about halfway through the day when I thought of calling my Mom. Then it hit me like a wave...My Mom is gone. I almost could not finish the day. I wanted to run away, but I new I couldn't really do that, so I texted my husband, gritted my teeth and survived until 3pm. Then I did some things to take care of myself. I went to the chiropractor and to the gym. My chiro, who was my Mom's too, was very sweet and took his time to comfort me before the adjustment. He was the one who turned me on to paleolithic eating, so we also talked about the importance of staying on the plan to avoid future inflammatory diseases like the ones my Mom had.

At the gym my dearest friend just listened. Then he told me that I had to let myself feel these things and not always try to be strong.

Food:
    2 eggs, 2 sausage, peppers, onions, mushrooms

chicken and peppers, almonds

salmon, salad, dressing, avocado

protein drink
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 10-20-2011 at 08:04 AM.

Strange breakfast this morning, there were no eggs so I had hamburger, mushrooms and a little cheese. I also had my protein shake because I don't work out today. I've been clean 3 days so the sugar/gluten should be out of my system by now. I'm 5 lbs up from my sig weight.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I agree that you have to allow yourself to feel the emotion. There is a tendency to smooth over things, but I think that just leads to things like binging. And like the Chiro said really, eating well is going to help you so much more than a binge will. When I lose someone dear, I have taken a page from a book (I want to say the author is Cameron, about getting in touch with your creative side-I'll think of it later). any way...what I do is to put paper and pen next to the bed, then immediately upon waking up I just write a full page front and back-stream of consciousness type stuff. I don't usually read it, but it is a fantastic release. Then when I feel like I have gone through the grieving process, I burn the pages. I got me out of a depression I sunk into after a favorite uncle died unexpectedly, and then again when his wife died a couple of years later. It made a huge difference.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

That is a great idea. I also just ordered some guitar song books. Music was special to us. I've had a guitar since I was 15, but never played regularly. Mom bought me a beautiful Fender about 5 years ago. I hope to learn simple campfire songs to play and sing with my family.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 10-20-2011 at 08:07 AM.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    hey my orthodontist suggested a site he has been using to learn to play guitar, he says it is a lot of fun...Free guitar lessons : Complete Beginners Method and loads of Blues, Jazz and rock : Learn how to play Guitar free here! I am going to try to reteach myself to play my prim (a Croatian mandolin-has the same fingering as a mandolin/violin)
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

OOOOh Thanks! I was going to ask if anyone had any thoughts. I figure if I practice even 15 minutes a day, I should make some progress.

** The 15 minutes idea comes from The Flylady an organizational guru. You guys should check her out.

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    i've heard of flylady! she gave me the inspiration to keep a (semi-) tidy house. there's patrick on the mandolin, you on the guitar, me on the violin. do we have any drummers? you're a singer too, aren't you? we could totally make a virtual band! (indabamusic.com)

A virtual band might be nice. Yes, I do sing too.

So, I have to confess that I made it almost 4 days clean and then last night had a sugar binge. It wasn't a big one. I ate 4 tbsp of peanut butter. 1/2 cup of chocolate ice cream and 2 fun size 100,000 candy bars. I think that other than the obvious mental stress I am under, there are physical reasons for my urge to eat sugar. When my husband came home from work at midnight we had a long talk about what I should do to stop the bingeing. It was nice because he validated my right to feel like crap right now but also encouraged me to make some changes to my eating program; And he said he would help by working on his own health at the same time.

One year ago, when I started the Primal way of life I allowed myself to eat both fruit and complex carbs on a daily basis (2 servings). For the first six weeks on the program, I stayed completely clean of grains and processed sugar. And I lost 25 pounds without a problem. Then the holidays came and I rebelled and went way off. When I got back to Primal on Dec 27th, I started a lower carb version. I dropped all fruit, dairy and most sweet potatoes and rice. Why? I don't know. I guess I wanted to lose weight faster and lots of women on the MDA were going lower cal and carb.

The end result has been 10 months of off and on Primal. Yes, I have lost weight and built strength, but the inconsistency scares me. I have health issues and a family history which necesitates clean Primal living ALL of the time. In fact, this year I want to get rid of commercial mayo and salad dressings in an attempt to improve my Omega 3/6 ratios.

So I am trying an experiment. From now until December 21st I will have fruit with breakfast and a complex carb with lunch, Dinner will be meat and veg, no added carb. Protein shakes will be limited to after lifting workouts 4x/week. I will check my weight every day and post it (214.2 I lost weight after my binge, go figure) I will keep track of my food intake on Fitday. ***There will be no more program tweaking until the holidays are over even if I gain weight.

I am changing my focus from weightloss to mental and physical health. This morning I ate about 25 gms of carb with breakfast. Funny thing, for the first time in two weeks, I feel more like my usual sunshiney self and I have more energy.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67