Page 479 of 1185 FirstFirst ... 379429469477478479480481489529579979 ... LastLast
Results 4,781 to 4,790 of 11843

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 479

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Paula.. I can empathize. What is that quote that states each journey begins with a single step. Make the step. We all stumble at some time. I am proud of you that you are facing it though and recognizing the why's.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

thank you for being honest. I don't expect perfection, and I gain a lot from your honest journey, I am sure you gain more from your honesty than if you had given in to the easy way and lied, either by statement or omission.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Everybody's saying what I wish I could say today. So take their words on my behalf . The idea of a Valentine's Day donut sounds really good to me (local donut shop has the best, and they're open very early, so I could surprise Hulky), but when I think of actually eating one, I think of how it mostly tastes like flour and sugar, and that's not very fulfilling or interesting to me. Weird.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Funny, most of my upset is based on failing the EMF group and having to report a gain for the week on Friday. I don't even have any helpful observations to report about the changes I made to combat fatigue, because the binges started at the same time. I am probably feeling energetic today because I am high on sugar.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Everybody's saying what I wish I could say today. So take their words on my behalf . The idea of a Valentine's Day donut sounds really good to me (local donut shop has the best, and they're open very early, so I could surprise Hulky), but when I think of actually eating one, I think of how it mostly tastes like flour and sugar, and that's not very fulfilling or interesting to me. Weird.
    Yeah, the commercial had me wanting one of the brownie batter filled ones. Really, it wasn't anything that special. Now the craving is out of my system.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I drive by a donut place every morning (it's even the Southern Maid, which are the only decent donuts around here.) Each morning, I flirt with the thought of a donut or an eclair. Each morning, I remember that they probably fry in cottonseed oil and the donuts are probably lukewarm at best. Each morning, I think bittersweet thoughts damning PB as I keep driving.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Bummer.

On to a better day.

And watch out for a crash from your sugar high. Be ready with any remedies that help.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Yeah, the commercial had me wanting one of the brownie batter filled ones. Really, it wasn't anything that special. Now the craving is out of my system.
    Well then, it has served its purpose. That's good!

You'll have the next few days to monitor and see if something helps with the fatigue. When I led a Whole30 thread on here early in 2012, reporting in there and checking in with other members kept me on track. But it's important to remember that you are truly only accountable to yourself. We are all proud of you, and we are all responsible for our own behavior (I worried sometimes that if I went off track, someone else would too). I'm not sure I'm saying what I want to say here, but I guess I am hoping you won't be hard on yourself for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Bummer.

On to a better day.

And watch out for a crash from your sugar high. Be ready with any remedies that help.
    Oh, good call. Might want to be ready with some bouillon?

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Paula, how many times have you binged since the first of the year? Not many. How often were you binging last year. A lot more than that. Celebrate the victory, learn from the failure. You are a wonderful lady and cannot expect 100% compliance from the get-go on a behavior that has been around for a long time.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.