Page 479 of 1157 FirstFirst ... 379429469477478479480481489529579979 ... LastLast
Results 4,781 to 4,790 of 11561

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 479

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Also, a lot health insurance carriers hire nurses to staff nurse lines for them. They make very good money at this. Some companies would even allow employees to work from home. Just a thought.
    Georgette

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    thats a great point geo. I know the insurance company we have has nurses. They call and check in with my mom periodically regarding her diabetes.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    thats a great point geo. I know the insurance company we have has nurses. They call and check in with my mom periodically regarding her diabetes.
    My husband's insurance has nurses too. They checked in with me regarding my depression and weight loss plans for quite a while until I quit the program b/c they didn't agree with my method of diet (primal). I think patient advocate would be a good one for your husband given his "fighting spirit". But neither job is actually working on patients, which I'm sure is what he wishes to do.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    parent advocating for children's education is so very difficult. I am so glad we have made it through that mine field. Both of my children have reading learning disabilities (which luckily their amazing brains learned to compensate for, after a year each of tutoring) and I actually had an advocate from the school ask me what I wanted done for them, they were making straight A's. My response was basically that the fact that you have low expectations and my children reach them does not mean that my children are reaching their potential. As luck would have it, both of their teachers were in on the conference and met with me later to help me help them (one of them actually had a master's degree that specialized in reading learning disabilities.). I am with you in spirit.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    To post or not to post...that is the question. Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of admitting to yet another outrageous binge, or to take up arms against a sea of troubles alone...(At this point Hamlet starts rambling about killing himself. So not going there.)

I truly wanted to stay silent today, or lie, but I have never been able to do that here.

I did great yesterday ate clean and under 1600 cals, drank 100oz of water, cut coffee consumption in half. Last night my husband made dinner late. It wasn't ready until 7:30. I was ravenous. I ate it and was unsatisfied. My husband went into the shower and in seconds, without thinking, I was stuffing my face. This morning I woke up wanting cereal, so I had some. I had to wait for a ride at Dunkin Donuts, so I had a valentine's day donut there too. I feel finished and will try to eat well the rest of the day. Lots of stress and sadness and nowhere to put it.

Funny though, right now I am in a really good mood and feel fine. Except for being annoyed with myself and having no solution to most of my problems.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 02-13-2013 at 05:29 AM.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Except for being annoyed with myself and having no solution to most of my problems.
    Yeah, that is called life and often it sucks. If a donut is the worst you do to yourself because of it, well, you are doing fine. This is especially true in that you are owning up to it, facing it, and saying, "Eh, f' you donut, you don't control me." All in all I would call that a win and a definite improvement from a few months back.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Paula.. I can empathize. What is that quote that states each journey begins with a single step. Make the step. We all stumble at some time. I am proud of you that you are facing it though and recognizing the why's.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

thank you for being honest. I don't expect perfection, and I gain a lot from your honest journey, I am sure you gain more from your honesty than if you had given in to the easy way and lied, either by statement or omission.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Everybody's saying what I wish I could say today. So take their words on my behalf . The idea of a Valentine's Day donut sounds really good to me (local donut shop has the best, and they're open very early, so I could surprise Hulky), but when I think of actually eating one, I think of how it mostly tastes like flour and sugar, and that's not very fulfilling or interesting to me. Weird.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Funny, most of my upset is based on failing the EMF group and having to report a gain for the week on Friday. I don't even have any helpful observations to report about the changes I made to combat fatigue, because the binges started at the same time. I am probably feeling energetic today because I am high on sugar.