Page 478 of 1113 FirstFirst ... 378428468476477478479480488528578978 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,780 of 11129

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 478

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    ^This.

Yesterday I worked in some of my ideas and your suggestions for solving the exhaustion problem. Even though I had carbed up on Sunday, I was not much more energetic, but being in emotional turmoil always makes me want to sleep.

I drank 100oz of water yesterday. Chris will be proud of me. Did not go to the bathroom much, which tells me I am dehydrated.

I had two cubes of bouillon. I think I'll cut that down to one. Gained lots of water weight overnight. Wt. Sun. 228.8, Wt. Mon after binge 232.5. Wt today 234.

I added another dose of 5htp in the afternoon and took my iron pill with it, about 4 hrs after lunch. I am sticking to one iron pill for now switching to two during my period.

Made it to the gym for cardio kick. I did it at high intensity and it felt good. I hit my low end calories (1600-1700) yesterday pretty easily.

I'd wish I could say everything is much better between my husband and I. We had a great day yesterday, but unfortunately we fought this morning about the education of our youngest son who has Asperger's syndrome. We are not happy with his special education placement. My husband has decided what he wants and expects me to fall in line even though I do not totally agree with his position. I am also the one that has to translate his demands to the district. I am in a tough spot being a teacher and the Mom. That is probably our biggest issue, He dictates and I chafe against that dictation. ****I am just venting, I have no plans to spend the day posting about my husband
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 02-12-2013 at 03:15 AM.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the calories, and working to fix the exhaustion. I just posted an article in the EMF thread that might be helpful.

It maybe the kind of carbs you added were not helpful? Yea, yea, yea! the water will eventually make a difference. I will admit though that only about a third of my fluids are water, I drink all sorts of different teas for various purported health benefits.

I usually let DH's dictations sit with zero response for a while, and go back and revisit after I have had a chance to clearly formulate my response. Not arguing, just stating my position. If he goes back to his exact position, I walk away again and let him think about it. Then come back later and try to clarify, including some of his points if reasonable. On smaller things, where I think he is being unreasonable, I tend to ignore the orders. (not possible in this case though).

Chris - The carbs were added as part of a binge. I have no intention of adding carbs to my eating plan on a regular basis. I was actually answering marcadav. Her conjecture us that the VLC is making me tired. That is possibly so, but this program helps curb my binge issue so much, I am not willing to give up on it yet.

My husband and I talked and hugged it out before I left for work. We are in a very stressful situation. In this case he is right. Our son is not being served. I just don't like having to be the hard line messenger when I would be more willing to compromise.
    He wants me to speak for us because people respond better to me and I am "one of them".

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Best wishes for finding a good plan for your son. I know a little of what that can be like, having watched my mom fight for my little brother's education (he has Down Syndrome) in the public school system. She ended up suing the schools & settling, and they paid for at least one year at a private school for kids with developmental disabilities. I never thought he would do well not in a mainstream classroom, as he seemed to fall behind in "special" classrooms when he was younger, but he's doing really well now.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Here's an update on my teacher friend whose wife was found dead a week and a half ago.

At first the local rag newspaper reported the death as suspicious and that she was "divorcing" her husband. I have known Scott for 15 years and in my heart, I knew there was no way it could have been him, but the community, police etc of course thought of him first. In the public eye, he was under suspicion until almost a week later when the police reported having interviewed Scott and that they were looking for "a person of interest". Yesterday an ex con from the area was arrested in NYC. He apparently strangled her, then drove her car to his residence and fled. She was 45, my age. No motive has been stated as yet. In the same article, the rag wrote that she was in the process of "getting a divorce". MFers.

Little do they know that Scott has been quietly posting pictures of his wife on his FB page. Until yesterday he left them unlabled. Last night under a picture of her on the beach looking out at the water, he wrote..."Goodbye Angel." He is paying for her funeral. We know that they were in financial difficulty, so we are making donations to help him.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    that is very sad indeed.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    oh so sad Paula!! I am glad though its resolved and he is cleared. I can not imagine his heartbreak though.

I know about the fine line as a teacher/parent when your kids special needs are not being met. I have a teacher I work with who is my sounding board. I will fire off an email to DD's teacher that is scathing and angry. I then delete the teachers name and send it to my friend and say "edit please." LOL She helps me put things more diplomatically as that teacher/parent. Hang in there. In the end, you will advocate for your child because its the best thing and the school understand that. They do not like to admit it, but they do.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about your teacher friend and his wife. It's scary to think that this is starting to pop up in the smaller communities. Sending his family much needed prayers.

We got lucky with our schools in 2 areas. They recognized that Heather had an issue and worked with her and myself to correct it. They also found Tristan's problem and she and I corrected it and now she is in the top 5% of her class. Caitlyn, I have had to fight tooth and nail for and that is why we pulled her out and put her into K12 for 8th grade and she has flourished. She told me last night that she wants to go back to our school district for high school. I'm so hoping and praying that she doesn't revert back to the old ways as she has literally gone from a C-/D+ student to an B=/A- student. I'm hoping, that for her, she has realized that since she wants to become a detective, she has to have good grades for that. We got lucky that none of the girls were ever labeled 'special needs'. Heather was the closest due to her developmental delay, but she has outgrown it.
    Georgette

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Those of you who are parents, I have nothing but tremendous respect. It has to be the hardest job in the world.

Hope you have a GREAT day, Paula.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I would think your husband's situation/perceived situation: nurse advocating at the hospital for relative leading to not being able to get a job at the hospital, would make him leery of: teacher advocating at school for relative. Maybe he as the 'neutral' parent should be doing the advocating.

What a rough situation for your co-worker. (And his poor wife, of course. But since she is now gone, it is easier to think of what he is going through.)