Page 478 of 1176 FirstFirst ... 378428468476477478479480488528578978 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,780 of 11752

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 478

canio6 Guest
    Primal Fuel
    that is very sad indeed.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    oh so sad Paula!! I am glad though its resolved and he is cleared. I can not imagine his heartbreak though.

I know about the fine line as a teacher/parent when your kids special needs are not being met. I have a teacher I work with who is my sounding board. I will fire off an email to DD's teacher that is scathing and angry. I then delete the teachers name and send it to my friend and say "edit please." LOL She helps me put things more diplomatically as that teacher/parent. Hang in there. In the end, you will advocate for your child because its the best thing and the school understand that. They do not like to admit it, but they do.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about your teacher friend and his wife. It's scary to think that this is starting to pop up in the smaller communities. Sending his family much needed prayers.

We got lucky with our schools in 2 areas. They recognized that Heather had an issue and worked with her and myself to correct it. They also found Tristan's problem and she and I corrected it and now she is in the top 5% of her class. Caitlyn, I have had to fight tooth and nail for and that is why we pulled her out and put her into K12 for 8th grade and she has flourished. She told me last night that she wants to go back to our school district for high school. I'm so hoping and praying that she doesn't revert back to the old ways as she has literally gone from a C-/D+ student to an B=/A- student. I'm hoping, that for her, she has realized that since she wants to become a detective, she has to have good grades for that. We got lucky that none of the girls were ever labeled 'special needs'. Heather was the closest due to her developmental delay, but she has outgrown it.
    Georgette

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Those of you who are parents, I have nothing but tremendous respect. It has to be the hardest job in the world.

Hope you have a GREAT day, Paula.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I would think your husband's situation/perceived situation: nurse advocating at the hospital for relative leading to not being able to get a job at the hospital, would make him leery of: teacher advocating at school for relative. Maybe he as the 'neutral' parent should be doing the advocating.

What a rough situation for your co-worker. (And his poor wife, of course. But since she is now gone, it is easier to think of what he is going through.)

Sabine is offline Senior Member

Binge tip

Oh! I came across this neat motivational tool, designed for writers, but I was thinking it would be great for dieters or people working on being binge-free.

The first day you write(or stay binge-free) you get 1 point. The next day, when you stick to your plan, you get another point, PLUS 2 points for being binge-free two days in a row. The third day, you get another point for being binge-free PLUS 3 points for doing three days in a row.

Example:

1 + (1+2) + (1 + 3) + (1 + 4) + (1 + 5) + (1 + 6) + (1 + 7) = 34(one 'perfect' week)

For the writing plan, you get 1 point for every page you write, so you can get more than one point for your effort But the real rewards come by stringing together consecutive days of the desired behavior. If you break your chain, you just start over. Your past points are NOT wiped out. For primals, I thought you could get extra points for exercise, and good sleep.

I, of course, immediately thought, 'what should I redeem my points on!?!' Three weeks of perfect behavior(snort) would be 251 points, so I thought 250 points might be good for a massage. I can get to that massage with 2 or 3 day spurts, but I'll get there quicker if I can make a habit.

I like this because it does still reward the singleton days. Those are important, too.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    The good thing is that in this situation, my kids don't go to the same district in which I work. But, I have never been good a t confrontation or stepping on toes. It is better if I do the talking, because I have the cooler head.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    One thing I have found is that there is a real need for patient advocates. Whether it is understanding billing, sorting out the myriad of meds or just helping the patient through the minefield that is healthcare. Is that something your DH might be interested in researching? For example, my mother's husband is on at least 15 different meds. Turns out he is being poisoned by the interactions of some of them. A patient advocate can review things like that to prevent this from happening. Even something as simple as helping someone to understand the hospital/insurance billing. It is a foreign language to the average person.

Just a thought.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Also, a lot health insurance carriers hire nurses to staff nurse lines for them. They make very good money at this. Some companies would even allow employees to work from home. Just a thought.
    Georgette

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    thats a great point geo. I know the insurance company we have has nurses. They call and check in with my mom periodically regarding her diabetes.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.