Page 471 of 1185 FirstFirst ... 371421461469470471472473481521571971 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,710 of 11841

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 471

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Paula, I drink closer to 150oz of fluid a day.

I also just read that eating something decreases iron absorption, I can't remember what it was, I will do a search. I do remember that eating vitamin C source with iron increases absorption, as does cooking in cast iron.

Foods That Inhibit Iron Absorption | LIVESTRONG.COM

Maybe you should get tested for anemia, my memory is that a vitamin B deficiency could cause a problem,

" Vitamin-deficiency anemia may occur when vitamin B12 and folate are deficient. These two vitamins are needed to make red blood cells. Conditions leading to anemia caused by vitamin deficiency include:

Megaloblastic anemia: Vitamin B12 or folate or both are deficient
    Pernicious anemia: Poor vitamin B12 absorption caused by conditions such as Crohn's disease, an intestinal parasite infection, surgical removal of part of the stomach or intestine, or infection with HIV
    Dietary deficiency: Eating little or no meat may cause a lack vitamin B12, while overcooking or eating too few vegetables may cause a folate deficiency.
    Other causes of vitamin deficiency: pregnancy, certain medications, alcohol abuse, intestinal diseases such as tropical sprue and celiac disease"

So maybe VLC cut out too many veggies for you?
    Thanks demuralist. This was exactly what I was getting at.
    Georgette

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    As a person who also lives a stressful life, I can say that it often takes more than a weekend to recover. You have a lot of stress and you are very busy - I can see that even if you are eating perfectly, you could find yourself with periods of exhaustion that take awhile to bounce out of.

I have also been wondering if we, as VLCers, need to be extra vigilant to get in our vitamins and minerals. Not just through muscle meats and fats, but through organ meats and bone broths. I have nothing to back this us, but seems to me we need those nutrients somewhere. I also have no clue, assuming this is anywhere on point, about what the proper ratios of these other foods are.

Wish I could be more help. Get to feeling better soon!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    As the others are offering good physical advice, I will offer this piece:

This may be completely normal. You are under a lot of stress, with your husband, kids, job, money, health concerns, etc. You may be slightly depressed and it is natural and good that the body seeks to sleep more and rest when you are depressed. I think it is a modern construct that we expect to feel happy/good/up all the time, or maybe that OTHERS expect us to be.

Yes, get enough exercise into your life so that you can honestly say you are not spending all your leisure time on the sofa in your pajamas. But I'm talking maybe 30 minutes per day. Otherwise, rest. Sleep. Do things that are fun for you, even if that is sitting on the sofa watching tv. Give it at least the three weeks that you were giving LCHF, now that you are adjusted to that.

If your husband mentions that you are crabby, tell him there are good reasons for it, and he'll just have to help make your LIFE easier, and not worry so much about the food. It MAY be the food, but I would not jump to that as the first reason. After all, look at what you have going on. Plenty of reasons there for stress or depression. Or plain old crabbiness.

And keep remembering how well the diet is helping you with your binges. That is worth a lot!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks everyone.

So this is my worst nightmare...I am currently sitting alone in the corner of a picnic bench in a crowded bar. My husband is off socializing somewhere. I should just abandon our spot and go dancing.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    egad, I hate that. I am way too often in this position when we have to do social events for his work, he says he hates them and we will leave early but then we get there he disappears and we are the last to leave. Only I never have the option of just dancing. Go to it girl! Someone will join you!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    That is also my husband myself. He is the social butterfly and I am the wallflower.
    Georgette

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I can be quite social and very chatty, but I don't walk up to people and just start talking, I will start a conversation if we are standing in a long line or something similar, but not if I have to consciously make an effort.

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    I like everyone's suggestions about vitamins. I would add make sure to take your iron 4 hours away from calcium as it interferes with iron absorption. Also, how is your vitamin D level and are you getting 200mcg selenium/day?

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Okay.ive been rescued. Dancing.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Whew. That's good