Page 471 of 1078 FirstFirst ... 371421461469470471472473481521571971 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,710 of 10772

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 471

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yesterday, I finally hit my low end calorie goal, but at the end of the day I had to scramble to get more fat in. I had a super BP coffee.

This weekend, I have been allowing my body to sleep as much as it wants and have been getting up when my eyes open. I have been getting about 7-8 hrs. 6.5 is my workday average. I love weekends.

I believe I have hit a new set point at 228.8 Yes, I started weighing daily again. I like the info and it doesn't really bug me.

I did not go to the gym or do apps all this week. Just felt too tired, plus life interfered. I will do apps today and go to cardio kick tomorrow. I think exercise is probably the only way to break this set point.

Today Bill and I are going to the 5 yr anniversary party of our local old fashioned Barber Shop, Pugsley's. It is owned and run by a group of 20 something Hipsters who also have a band. They play surf music. Not beach boys, Think Hawaii 5-0. Anyway, Bill and the boys have been going there since they opened. Unfortunately, the party is adults only. Mike, the owner, loves our teenage boys, but felt they should sit this one out. The party will be at Keegan Ales, our local micro brewery. No beer for me. I will keep a good chunk of calories available for tonight. I will definitely be eating peanuts and any Primalish appetizers I can find. There will be a band and a DJ, so a little dancing is a possibility for exercise.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    ooo, sounds fun. DH wears hearing aids and places like that are actually painful for him if he wears them there, and if he doesn't he can't hear any of the conversation, so we just don't do it. I miss dancing. After the kids goes off to college I am going to get serious about looking for dance lessons he and I can go to, even if we don't get to go out dancing, at least we will be dancing.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Ooh, sounds fun, Paula. Of course, as an introvert, I don't enjoy those kind of activities much, but I fantasize about how enjoyable such things would be

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Have fun! Sounds like a cool barber shop.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    That definitely sounds like a cool place. Have fun and hopefully get some dancing in.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Hey Gang,

I have a concern that I am going to discuss here and then see if you have any further ideas.

I feel great being back in the 220's again and I feel fairly strong where the binge issue is concerned. Unfortunately I am constantly tired. I am sleeping as much as I can. Last week, I thought this was due to my period, but it has not let up. I am barely functioning at work. This weekend, I sat around reading and playing on the internet. I was paralyzed most of yesterday by a severe headache with nausea. (possibly weather related) Today I just could not get moving. Both days I took naps and woke up feeling worse than before.

Truthfully, I fear that if I can't figure this out, then VLC will not be sustainable for me. My husband is beginning to notice my constant exhaustion and flat mood. He will eventually insist that I make changes. Or I will have to give in to my body screaming for ??? with a binge.

My thoughts
    1) Electrolyte Imbalance - I gave up regular bouillon intake a couple of weeks ago. I had one yesterday and just had a double today. Not sure if it is doing anything.
    2) Dehydration - I have been drinking about 16 ounces of water and 24 oz of coffee / day. Today I have had 50 oz of water.
    3) Iron deficiency - I have been taking two Iron doses, but maybe three might be better?

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Paula, I drink closer to 150oz of fluid a day.

I also just read that eating something decreases iron absorption, I can't remember what it was, I will do a search. I do remember that eating vitamin C source with iron increases absorption, as does cooking in cast iron.

Foods That Inhibit Iron Absorption | LIVESTRONG.COM

Maybe you should get tested for anemia, my memory is that a vitamin B deficiency could cause a problem,

" Vitamin-deficiency anemia may occur when vitamin B12 and folate are deficient. These two vitamins are needed to make red blood cells. Conditions leading to anemia caused by vitamin deficiency include:

Megaloblastic anemia: Vitamin B12 or folate or both are deficient
    Pernicious anemia: Poor vitamin B12 absorption caused by conditions such as Crohn's disease, an intestinal parasite infection, surgical removal of part of the stomach or intestine, or infection with HIV
    Dietary deficiency: Eating little or no meat may cause a lack vitamin B12, while overcooking or eating too few vegetables may cause a folate deficiency.
    Other causes of vitamin deficiency: pregnancy, certain medications, alcohol abuse, intestinal diseases such as tropical sprue and celiac disease"

So maybe VLC cut out too many veggies for you?

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    How about your serotonin levels? Carb intake effects these. I don't have all the info or answers here, but maybe look into it. I am sure there are many other ways to increase serotonin without drugs or carbs. I have been having some similar issues lately and think hormones are part of my deal as well. I've been getting migraines that make it hard to function. I never had low carb flu in the past two years eating this way but seem to be effected this way now.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Paula, have you ever thought about adding a b-complex with added b12 into your routine? One of the things a nurse friend has told me is that those of us who eat low carb and or gluten-free have a lack of b12. You're body doesn't need the iron. It's b-12 that it needs. Most people(including us primals) are anemic due to low b12. That is why if you're anemic you need to eat more liver, red meat and spinach. Not for the iron, but b-12. It's done wonders for me. Wouldn't hurt to try it out. Plus the added iron could be leading to your lack of BM and dehydration.
    Georgette

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Paula, I drink closer to 150oz of fluid a day.

I also just read that eating something decreases iron absorption, I can't remember what it was, I will do a search. I do remember that eating vitamin C source with iron increases absorption, as does cooking in cast iron.

Foods That Inhibit Iron Absorption | LIVESTRONG.COM

Maybe you should get tested for anemia, my memory is that a vitamin B deficiency could cause a problem,

" Vitamin-deficiency anemia may occur when vitamin B12 and folate are deficient. These two vitamins are needed to make red blood cells. Conditions leading to anemia caused by vitamin deficiency include:

Megaloblastic anemia: Vitamin B12 or folate or both are deficient
    Pernicious anemia: Poor vitamin B12 absorption caused by conditions such as Crohn's disease, an intestinal parasite infection, surgical removal of part of the stomach or intestine, or infection with HIV
    Dietary deficiency: Eating little or no meat may cause a lack vitamin B12, while overcooking or eating too few vegetables may cause a folate deficiency.
    Other causes of vitamin deficiency: pregnancy, certain medications, alcohol abuse, intestinal diseases such as tropical sprue and celiac disease"

So maybe VLC cut out too many veggies for you?
    Thanks demuralist. This was exactly what I was getting at.
    Georgette