Page 47 of 1184 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957971475471047 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 47

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I can't believe it has already been a week. It is true what they say about grieving, that it truly starts when the memorials are over and you are expected to go on with life as usual. My sister in law and her children were with us until last evening. Immediately after they left, I felt bereft and there was a huge lump in my throat. There are no more distractions. My kids are back to school today and I go back to face my students tomorrow.

Today I am having my INR checked (a blood clotting test that I need for my health condition). I honestly haven't had one since August. Chris, you know how stupid that is. The rest of the day will be dedicated to closing Mom's accounts and paying our bills, so I'll be busy.

I gave myself a week to eat whatever I wanted, but now it is time to get Primal again. I will post my food here for a while to keep myself on track.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    hope the INR came out all right with a week of eating differently! You will feel better (physically) after you get back to an eating and workout routine. Grieving, I cannot imagine, good luck.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

It's funny, I tend to go high when I am eating junk, because I cut my greens proportionally.

Clean Day yesterday and I feel physically good.

2 sausage patties and 1 egg

chicken breast

protein drink

I know I ate too little. I'll have to work on that.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 10-18-2011 at 06:55 PM.

My INR was fine. I had another clean day. My students were happy to have me back.

Tonight I am home alone for the first time (except for my little guy) since Mom passed. It feels lonely. My men went to a Weird Al concert. I am thinking of bingeing, but not doing it.

Food:
    1egg, 2 sausage patties. protein shake
    chicken breast, salad, dressing
    2 chicken thighs
    coffee, tea, water
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 10-18-2011 at 07:01 PM.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Don't binge. Hang out with us instead.

For some reason, when I am home alone at night unexpectedly it gives me ideas of binging. It makes no sense because I am home alone often, but it is the addition of night, and unexpectedly that makes me want to eat something I would not normally eat. Even weirder no one would care or comment if I ate whatever it is while they are at home. Binges are weird things I tell ya.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

I'm fine. Not bingeing. Evening is always my worst time. I am watching The Biggest Loser and petting my Mom's cat. I'll go to bed at 10.

I think I am going to try something a little different. I was doing a 50gm protein shake every morning for the Leptin Reset, but I keep reading the threads that talk about after workouts being the best time for whey protein. Some evidence suggests that taking whey in the morning spikes blood sugar.
    So, I upped my real protein at breakfast a little. I will drink my protein shakes after my gym workouts on M,W, F & Sat. That will have me drinking it around 8pm, but it should give my muscles something to use for recovery.

I don't seem to have a problem with the whey shake for breakfast. I use one that has stevia sweetener and use heavy cream as well as cocoa powder in the shake as well, so maybe those help. I also usually have a 1/2C of full fat fage yogurt and 1/2C blueberries with it. But I am done with the leptin reset.

just an fyi, the leptin reset suggests you don't workout while you are doing it, except very lightly and at night, and that you don't eat within 3 hours of bed. Are you sure you need a reset given you have been losing weight already?
    Chris
    Unknown

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I was doing the Leptin Reset Protocol (3 meals/day, no snacks) , but not following the exercise recommendations of Dr Kruse as I don't agree with them (for me). I have been lifting in the gym since before I became Primal. (3/4 of my workouts are at night.)
    Now with this change in when I drink my Whey protein, some days I will be having 4 meals and not enough protein at breakfast. So technically, I guess I am no longer doing the Leptin Reset. I will still do the no snack thing.