Page 447 of 1089 FirstFirst ... 347397437445446447448449457497547947 ... LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,470 of 10883

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 447

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Great news! I just talked to the insurance guy. I have a $250 deductible, but I also have a $250 safe driver bonus for not having an accident for 5 years. Unfortunately, the state of New York demands that car owners pay at least $50 towards the repairs. Idiots.

So...my car repairs will cost $50!!!
    Awesome!!!! Best news all day!
    Georgette

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Another amazing victory...I took a 4 oz container of ranch dip out of the refrigerator to eat with a bag of pork rinds. I pictured the open bag and the tub just sitting on the table where I am doing grades. Then I thought, maybe I should measure an ounce of pork rinds and a serving of the dip. I looked to see how many carbs in a 2 tbsp serving, then I looked at the ingredient list, Yikes. In the end I put it back in the refrigerator and measured out a serving of almonds.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Awesome, then will the insurance company give you a check for that last $50 or put it towards your premium?
    It stays in my accident fund. In another 5 years, I'll get another bonus. Then I'll have $300. The deductible for the van is $500.

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Glad to hear the rental did well for you. That's a major plus.
    I'm actually driving my own injured car. So it is nice to know that it is a good snow car.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Look at all the good. And you know, so much of the stuff we worry about never happens! That is how I control my anxiety cognitively, I tell myself to wait and see, to observe my feelings and let them be that, not to invest in them, and believe what they are telling me.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Paula, I make my own dressings and dips. I will add the link to the recipe for the dry mix for ranch dip. It is excellent, and you can add what ever you want to it to make is a dressing or dip.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    You're not having to start over with your accident freeness because of a deer collision are you? That shouldn't count against you! You were minding your own business, driving along safely when this stupid deer ran out in front of you.

I'll never understand insurance. I hit a deer once while I had State Farm. When I switched to our current insurance, the gal who was doing our quote said I had a point from November 2003. I explained that was a deer vs car accident and she said that it still counted b/c the DOT gave me a point for it. BS if you ask me!

My deer took out both headlights and damaged the drivers quarter panel, drivers door and rear-driver side door. I wasn't able to drive it home as it was dark out (hence the reason I hit the deer - dark and rainy and oncoming traffic headlight glare = invisible deer).
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

When I make my ranch dressing, I use greek yogurt or sour cream as the base or a combo of both and use whipping cream with a tbsp of vinegar to make it more like buttermilk. It works well. I also make my own taco seasoning mix as well. I need to post my recipe for taco mix in the recipe list.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    You're not having to start over with your accident freeness because of a deer collision are you? That shouldn't count against you! You were minding your own business, driving along safely when this stupid deer ran out in front of you.

I'll never understand insurance. I hit a deer once while I had State Farm. When I switched to our current insurance, the gal who was doing our quote said I had a point from November 2003. I explained that was a deer vs car accident and she said that it still counted b/c the DOT gave me a point for it. BS if you ask me!

My deer took out both headlights and damaged the drivers quarter panel, drivers door and rear-driver side door. I wasn't able to drive it home as it was dark out (hence the reason I hit the deer - dark and rainy and oncoming traffic headlight glare = invisible deer).
    No matter if you hit a deer or a deer hits you, it is considered that you hit the deer. Insurance and the police look at it that way. Nothing you can do to change it. It's just another way to make premiums go up.
    Georgette

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    yes you do! Would love that.

I guess I need to start to reply with post...this is in regards to Geo posting her taco seasoning recipe.