Page 441 of 1113 FirstFirst ... 341391431439440441442443451491541941 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,410 of 11128

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 441

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    gosh it would be nice to have a handy hubby. That is more like something my dad and I would do together! We used to work on my 1969 Fiat Spyder all the time.
    It does work out well for us. He's a mechanic by trade and hobby. We're planning on buying a 1970 Mach 1 Mustang and fixing it up. I've always wanted one.
    Georgette

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I dated a guy with one, unfortunately he was not a fix-it kind of guy and he let it go to pot, sad really.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    accident report

So here is the good news update.
    I do not have to go to the barracks and fill out a police report even though my husband called 911 to have the deer put down. Did I tell you guys he was trying to get up when I passed him 15 min after the accident?
    My insurance company was very cooperative and approved of my body shop choice. I just have to make an appt for an estimate. AND I only have a $250 deductible.
    Breathing easier now. Thanks everyone.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    yeah!! My premiums are a little higher but mine is a $50 deductible because I never have that much spare cash laying around..LOL
    How soon will you get it fixed?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I Have to wait until the end of next week. Brakes on the minivan are being fixed on Tuesday.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Don't you hate car trouble?? My car is in the shop now having the computer programmed because the computer is not talking to the censors so I have a nonstop check engine light on when nothing is wrong. Grrr.. $100 for Nissan'a mistake that they will not recall!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Our deductibly is $250 for all accidents. Only changed our premiums like $60 a year. I figured $60 extra dollars a year was worth saving $250 in the event of an accident. Maybe yours will be similar?

So sorry you're going through this, but glad you have been hit by the good news fairy in it all and that no one was hurt, except the deer. I hit a deer one. County sheriff gave me a harvest tag for hit and my dad ate it in chili.

If Brad or I were to get into an accident, we'd be able to swing the deductibly relatively easily, but if it were to total out our vehicle we'd be in a world of hurt. No money available for a payment, and no room in our credit for a new loan.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    DH's car came back 3.5 months after he put it in the shop, apparently the insurance company and the shop had trouble communicating.

When we totaled the van I just bought a used highlander with the check we got for the van. I am sad daily I didn't suck it up and buy a new van. But 2 teenage drivers and new cars are not a good mix for a parent's stress level.

the highlander has a "check tire pressure light" on the dashboard they can't get to go off, something about a sensor in one of the tires (they don't know which), not worth the money to replace it, I can see if a tire is flat.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I can see if a tire is flat.
    w0rd
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I've got the same tire pressure sensor problem with my car. The issue is that they are easily broken by clumsy mechanics changing tires ( dealership broke mine when I got new tires and they keep claiming they fixed it- liars. If I can't trust them about that then why would I trust them with the rest of the car. Keep your "free" oil changes). They (the sensors) are also touchy in cold weather.