Page 440 of 1138 FirstFirst ... 340390430438439440441442450490540940 ... LastLast
Results 4,391 to 4,400 of 11379

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 440

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Do what you can for the immediate stress release (safely). Make some tea, breathe deeply. I am a worrier too (and also avoid looking at myself while getting my hair cut, the lights are terrible and I feel awful about my face until the cut is done). We both know it doesn't do us any good! One thing at a time, one hour at a time. Make sure you get to bed when you need to tonight!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Were we not talking about deers and USDA guidelines the other day?

I am sooooo sorry that happened. I rear ended a guy once and drove with a messed up bumper for 6 months saving the money, and after the initial frustration, I strted to think the hair lip on my Jetta was funny. I eventually got it fixed!

This may or may not work for you, but I am trying to do new things instead of binge or smoke a cig. Drink a relaxing tea or work on a fun project. I notice if I am stressed and do chores, I just get more upset. If I give myself permission to do something enjoyable, like color some mandalas that I have, I end up relaxing out of the emotion. Maybe you could try it and see if it works tomorrow. Maybe a long detox bath with a steamy or funny book? I recommend Jenny McCarthy's new book, it's hilarious.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I once heard a comedian do a bit about all the crazy stuff that hunters do to disguise themselves so they can get a deer when all they really have to do is to dress up like a car.

so sorry Paula.

p.s. on the binge possibilities while the hubs is out, I have to just get out of the house, if you guys have snow, maybe you and the boys can build a snowman or else go somewhere fun, even the library, somewhere. good luck

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Kymma and Chris for the suggestions. Bill has to take my car tomorrow due to the brake issue, so I am stuck at home. I will make a list of things to do tomorrow to feel pampered and accomplished.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    When a deer hit my Lumina, it ran across the hood and fell on it. Clint went to the junk yard later that week, bought a hood that matched perfectly for $50 and put it back on.
    Georgette

gosh it would be nice to have a handy hubby. That is more like something my dad and I would do together! We used to work on my 1969 Fiat Spyder all the time.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    gosh it would be nice to have a handy hubby. That is more like something my dad and I would do together! We used to work on my 1969 Fiat Spyder all the time.
    It does work out well for us. He's a mechanic by trade and hobby. We're planning on buying a 1970 Mach 1 Mustang and fixing it up. I've always wanted one.
    Georgette

I dated a guy with one, unfortunately he was not a fix-it kind of guy and he let it go to pot, sad really.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    accident report

So here is the good news update.
    I do not have to go to the barracks and fill out a police report even though my husband called 911 to have the deer put down. Did I tell you guys he was trying to get up when I passed him 15 min after the accident?
    My insurance company was very cooperative and approved of my body shop choice. I just have to make an appt for an estimate. AND I only have a $250 deductible.
    Breathing easier now. Thanks everyone.