Page 44 of 1184 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654941445441044 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 44

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    LOL, Only you guys would compliment me on my bingeing prowess.

Well, We met with Mom's oncologist yesterday. I could tell it was very hard for him to tell her that he had exhausted all options. He has given her almost 4 years of good quality life and calls her his miracle. They would not have given her weeks when first diagnosed. He is calling Hospice for us today.

She asked if she would gain any strength back since they have stopped chemo. He said hopefully, but it will only be temporary until the cancer starts to win again.
    She asked if she would ever see him again. He said Call me anytime. I will come visit you if you want. I want you to sing to me again. (We sang to him a couple of weeks ago.)
    God, I just wanted to cry. I'm very tearful today. It is a good thing we are doing a half day of training. I only have to teach 2/5 classes.

My husband and Mom are not getting along well. He has to take her to most of her appointments, because I work school hrs.

I hate to lay this all out here, but sadly I sometimes feel closer to you all than any IRL friends.

OK time to wipe the tears off my face. Students arrive in 10 minutes.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 11-15-2014 at 09:11 AM.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I know that I have seen cases like this in which the person being mean (your husband) is sort of angry with the person sick for getting sick. Not sure I can explain this fully or well, but I remember being angry with my grandmother when I found out she was terminal, luckily I was not mean to her (well one short instance for which I apologized profusely and which really forced me to understand what I was feeling). You might let him know that more than how you will remember this, will also be how he will remember this. There will be no ability for him to make it up and it will eat at him.

My heart breaks for you, I am lucky enough to have both parents still and cannot imagine the pain when I come to your situation. You are on my mind.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Doesn't he realize that I will remember his behavior toward my mother long after she is gone and that it could really negatively effect our marriage? I look ahead to the years after our kids are gone and think about how trapped I will feel living out my life with a man with no mercy. What if I get cancer? Will he blame me because I was fat for most of my life?
    *hugs*

have you told him what you typed above?

geostump is offline Senior Member
    My mom had a lot of anger towards my dad when he was sick with MS and she was his primary caretaker. In some cases, I honestly think the anger comes with the territory. After dad died, I sort of became mom's caretaker even though she wasn't ill and I was angry with her over this. I think a lot of that has to do with the stress the caretaker feels. Praying for you guys.
    Georgette

Wow, I'm so sorry you had to go through that with your husband. Not so sure what to say except that you have support here.
    Georgette

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Paula, so very sorry that you have this added, totally unnecessary stress. We do all have our faults and all marriages go through some type of stress and hopefully end up coming out stronger (usually after a bit of time and a lot of work). You guys should plan to take a week or weekend somewhere alone. Sometime in the future. Part of the healing could occur just in the process of planning to do something with each other for each other.

I second what Georgette says, we are here to support you.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    .I have always been the great person I am no matter my size.
    I love this. I hope you and your husband can work through this. Chris's idea has a lot of merit
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Thanks ladies, I appreciate the support.

Yes I think a lot of our problem is situational. We're tired. He's off for the next two days with me and the kids. He slept most of today, but i invited him out to lunch tomorrow. He says the week was hard and it ended badly (meaning our conversation). As usual, it will be up to me to mend the fences. I am not however going to apologize for telling the truth.

My Mom died early this morning.

Yesterday, she was very sleepy. She kept asking if there was a lady in her room with her. I imagine that it was her angel.

I had my husband help put her to bed. While I was in the bathroom cleaning up, she thanked my husband and they made peace. He and I had done the same earlier in the day. After we got her into bed, she asked me to stay until she went to sleep. At 1am she pushed her lifeline button. By the time we got the call and went downstairs, she was gone. I am grateful that God gave me such a wonderful mother and that her time of extreme illness was short.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    God was looking out for her and all of you. So glad you all made your peace with one another. Your mom is no longer in pain and with God now. Keeping you guys in my prayers.
    Georgette