Page 432 of 1184 FirstFirst ... 332382422430431432433434442482532932 ... LastLast
Results 4,311 to 4,320 of 11834

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 432

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Jon, I am finding that chicken thighs are acceptable to DH (who tends to think he wants less fat per Cardiologist orders, grrr), and salmon sauteed in coconut oil is yummy, as is shrimp! I often also will make a cream sauce to help increase the fat. So if I made tilapia (which I don't any more cause they are farmed and fed corn) I would saute it in butter or coconut oil and make some sort of sauce maybe even just adding HWC to the bits in the pan and use it to deglaze it. Simple stuff.

It does make sense that it would be more pleasant to eat a piece of meat than a pat of butter but....how about a really nice piece of beef with a pat of herb butter on top? When I get back home I can get you the link to this "recipe" that the blog swears is the best way to cook a piece of beef. If you are eating half as much you can eat twice as good a quality right?

p.s. your carbs looked like they were right in line, so you are probably good there.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Jon, I am finding that chicken thighs are acceptable to DH (who tends to think he wants less fat per Cardiologist orders, grrr), and salmon sauteed in coconut oil is yummy, as is shrimp! I often also will make a cream sauce to help increase the fat. So if I made tilapia (which I don't any more cause they are farmed and fed corn) I would saute it in butter or coconut oil and make some sort of sauce maybe even just adding HWC to the bits in the pan and use it to deglaze it. Simple stuff.

It does make sense that it would be more pleasant to eat a piece of meat than a pat of butter but....how about a really nice piece of beef with a pat of herb butter on top? When I get back home I can get you the link to this "recipe" that the blog swears is the best way to cook a piece of beef. If you are eating half as much you can eat twice as good a quality right?

p.s. your carbs looked like they were right in line, so you are probably good there.
    That is very workable. No idea why my caffiene-deprived brain didn't think of it. Thanks!

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    For Jon and anyone else who is interested...

Typical weekday
    Thanks P

eek, don't deprive the brain of caffeine...A version of BP coffee would be helpful too, speaking of caffeine. You could add kerrygold, MCT, and or HWC in what ever proportion you needed to get the fat you needed. yum!

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    eek, don't deprive the brain of caffeine...A version of BP coffee would be helpful too, speaking of caffeine. You could add kerrygold, MCT, and or HWC in what ever proportion you needed to get the fat you needed. yum!
    Oh, what I call caffiene deprived would be enough caffiene to put most people into a coma. I'll have to try the BPC one day. Honestly, it doesn't sound good, but hell, I will try most things once.

I know, I thought it sounded disgusting, but it is yummy. I even make my DS one to take on his walk to school and he loves it, of course I didn't tell him it has butter in it (I put 15g of butter, 15g MCT, and 30g of HWC with a bit of stevia in about 12 to 14oz of strong coffee for him). He doesn't eat breakfast so this is my way of kick starting his brain in the morning. I am sure he thinks it is the caffeine.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I don't put the CO or MCT in my BPC. I use whipping cream and unsalted butter. The last time I put CO or MCT in it, I got awful heartburn and I don't normally get heartburn.
    Last edited by geostump; 01-24-2013 at 12:03 PM.
    Georgette

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    BPC=Bullet Proof Coffee? That stuff is pricy! Can you use a higher end coffee, like Starbucks and add crap to it?

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I don't use his coffee just his fat adding idea. works great with starbucks etc.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    yeah.. use regular coffee..I use HWC and butter.. YUM!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.