Page 431 of 1184 FirstFirst ... 331381421429430431432433441481531931 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,310 of 11832

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 431

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    5:30 am Matcha powder with 1T kerrygold 2T HWC
    7:00am Smoothie=8oz Almond milk, 8oz Coconut milk (carton not can), 28g whey (I am using up my whey better choice would be 2 eggs), 1T instant coffee granules, 1T MCT, stevia to taste
    2:00 pm 1.5oz gouda, egg/avocado salad=2 hard boiled eggs, 1 whole avocado, 1T mayo, and a cup of tea with HWC
    7:00pm 2 to 3C mixed greens, 1/2 bell pepper, 1/2C cucumber, protein source (last night it was a chicken thigh), nut and pumpkin seeds if I have the room in the macros (this depends on the protein source), a couple of tablespoons of a good olive oil and a sprinkle of ACV.
    After dinner, I drink tea if I need more fat I add HWC, or I eat some celery with a cream cheese/tampenade mix, or unfortunately last night I got into some pistachios.

I tend to eat the same breakfast and lunch most days, this makes it easier for me to know what to eat for dinner, which also tends to be pretty much the same. I am not really one who needs a lot of variety.

My macros are just a little lower than P's. I think most of us are finding it difficult to get the fat without the protein. Here is a link to a nice article on how to get some good fats...12 Healthy High-Fat Foods Perfect For Nutritional Ketosis

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I think most of us are finding it difficult to get the fat without the protein.
    Thank you for the link. That is my issue looking at some days I have tracked. I just don't do things like smoothies, pork rinds and the like. They do not seem like real food to me. (Not that they are not real, they just do not work for me psychologically. A smoothie is a lame milk shake. Pork rinds are chips for paleo people. I generally do not do well with substitutions). As such, I tend to eat more meat/eggs which ups protein numbers. Looking at an average day (one where I eat LC) I am coming out with macros somewhere along the lines of: carbs 30g, fat 114g, protein 137g. Adding 40g of fat does not seem worth the 50g of protein I would have to lose.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Seeing as you are a guy, I suspect you could go to the high end of the protein range. Also when you increase your fat it is easier from a hunger standpoint to lower your protein. So what if you just shoot for lowering your protein and increasing your fat slowly over the course of several weeks and see how it goes? I assume you already have dropped grains and sugars and your carbs are already in line.

I do the smoothie in the morning because I wear an oral device for sleep apnea and my teeth are too sore to chew in the morning. I tend not to do substitutes either. It definitely takes less protein than most Primal/paleo folks usually do.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Seeing as you are a guy, I suspect you could go to the high end of the protein range. Also when you increase your fat it is easier from a hunger standpoint to lower your protein. So what if you just shoot for lowering your protein and increasing your fat slowly over the course of several weeks and see how it goes? I assume you already have dropped grains and sugars and your carbs are already in line.

I do the smoothie in the morning because I wear an oral device for sleep apnea and my teeth are too sore to chew in the morning. I tend not to do substitutes either. It definitely takes less protein than most Primal/paleo folks usually do.
    I can totally respect that, and I understand that things that do not work for me work for others. I like smoothies but I would slap my mother for ice cream (only once and then I would be dead). I drink a smoothie, I want a shake. I just have to avoid that kind of thinking.

I do not generally eat grains outside of the occasional beer or dessert (once a month or so). I do like potatoes but can live without them (same goes for squashes). I do not eat rice or pasta. I could up fat and lower protein, I guess I am not seeing the appeal. I would rather eat a piece of meat than a pat of butter if that makes sense.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Paula, I'm so proud of your days without binges. You go, girl!!!! [And, the weight loss is totally awesome too] Sleep is HUGE for me.

Canio, I've struggled in similar ways. I'm trying for fattier meat foods. Pate. Bacon. Grass-fed brisket and chuck. "Pastured" (know this isn't really accurate) pork, like butt. I overeat pork rinds and can't do them (probably because, as you say, they are too much like potato cips) I would say this. I've never felt better. My sweet cravings are GONE. I now look indifferently toward fruit (haven't had any in over a month - major victory) and the ice cream mom has in the freezer. I do best getting the majority of my fat from animal products and I can't do dairy Share as you find what works for you, please.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    One thing I am looking forward to trying is a double-yolk egg fry. Crack an egg into your pan to fry, and add in one more egg yolk, tossing the white. This changes your percentages from 35%P:62%F(still respectable) to 28%P:70%F(very nice).

Two funny things: when I went to calculate this, I had to do it by difference. Although egg whites were listed as a food, egg yolks were NOT! And, can you imagine our CW friends' reactions if we told them we toss the whites, instead of the yolks. Just opposite of what the 'healthy' folk do. (Which, of course, explains funny thing #1.)

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    Canio, I've struggled in similar ways. I'm trying for fattier meat foods. Pate. Bacon. Grass-fed brisket and chuck. "Pastured" (know this isn't really accurate) pork, like butt. I overeat pork rinds and can't do them (probably because, as you say, they are too much like potato cips) I would say this. I've never felt better. My sweet cravings are GONE. I now look indifferently toward fruit (haven't had any in over a month - major victory) and the ice cream mom has in the freezer. I do best getting the majority of my fat from animal products and I can't do dairy Share as you find what works for you, please.
    Thanks. I will keep looking into it. One issue I run into is that my wife does not like fatty meats and loves seafood which cuts down on the fat in the meat itself. I may just have to start buying two different cuts of meat, as I have in the past.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Paula, I am so happy you are having such success with avoiding binges. I have also seen a lot of success in this area. I have even started that thinking a time or two and was able to nip it in the bud with a couple of bites of whipped cream or something else full of fat. Sweet freedom!!!

Girl, I don't know how you do this acting thing so often. I am wore plum out. 2 more shows this weekend and I am resting the whole month of February, I plan to limit social interaction, bc all of these other personalities have worn me out. I just want to write stories, attend a new meditation group I found, do exercise, and cook.

What is the next play you are going to audition for?

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Thanks Kymma, The rumor is "Chicago". I am already practicing the music.

AND trying to get my body in shape for the costumes.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-24-2013 at 09:46 AM.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    For Jon and anyone else who is interested...

Typical weekday

Bullet Proof Coffee with 2 tbsp HWC, 1 tbsp butter, 1tbsp CO
    2 eggs
    2 slices bacon
    peppers and onions (sometimes)

coffee with 1 oz hnh on way to work

2 slices of liverwurst wrapped around
    2 oz cream cheese

1 oz macadamia nuts or almonds, or porkrinds with a fat

4 oz meat
    1/2 avocado
    salad or veg with butter or oo&v

Herbal Tea with 1 tbsp CO

80%fat 15%pro 5%carb 1850ish cals
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67