Page 428 of 1134 FirstFirst ... 328378418426427428429430438478528928 ... LastLast
Results 4,271 to 4,280 of 11332

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 428

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    My journal made me angry FOR myself rather than AT myself. This is an important change in my attitude and has resulted in my determination to do whatever it takes to stop bingeing. That is my ultimate goal even if I eat this way forever and never reach my weight goals. At least I will be a healthy fat woman.
    For and At, those are important distinctions. I think I could manage reading through some of those now. I know when I read through my old online journals, I was sad for my past self, but did not feel sad now. I know I need to be very far removed from events, from the passing of time, in order to read with a clear head.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    My journal made me angry FOR myself rather than AT myself. This is an important change in my attitude and has resulted in my determination to do whatever it takes to stop bingeing. That is my ultimate goal even if I eat this way forever and never reach my weight goals. At least I will be a healthy fat woman.
    This is very profound. You really have changed quite a bit by that statement. So very proud of you.
    Georgette

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I got rid of my old journals, while it is possible I could learn something about myself, I was afraid that if I should die suddenly my children, husband, or parents might read them and it would definitely alter their perception in a negative way. Not worth the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I got rid of my old journals, while it is possible I could learn something about myself, I was afraid that if I should die suddenly my children, husband, or parents might read them and it would definitely alter their perception in a negative way. Not worth the risk.
    This is why I don't keep handwritten journals. I live in a very nosy house.
    Georgette

canio6 Guest
    This is why I write everything in code. Code being my really crappy handwriting, which no one can decipher.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    This is why I write everything in code. Code being my really crappy handwriting, which no one can decipher.
    Me too! Maybe we both should've been doctors?
    Georgette

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I see what you mean. Parts of my journal might shock some people. I guess I'll have to do my best not to die.

This reminds me, not to be morbid, but I have often thought that I should leave instructions for my husband about getting word to this forum if I should die suddenly. You guys mean a lot to me, I would hate to just disappear.

My journals had as much of the "good/fun" stuff as the other. I was a different person then.

oh gosh Paula, I would be devastated, don't die! (duh)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    My handwriting literally changes by the minute. In the same sentence, you can get loopy, spiky, and block. In the same word, you can get both print and cursive. English teachers hated me.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I went to Catholic School, my handwriting is perfect, very pretty, almost caligraphy. Then got a degree in design, so I have an architectural type of printing. Both are very readable.