Page 426 of 1184 FirstFirst ... 326376416424425426427428436476526926 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,260 of 11834

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 426

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Today. I read my 2012 journal. Last year I was a slave to my binges and made absolutely no progress. It pissed me off as I read it. I am ready to move on and that means getting tougher on myself in the areas of self control, eating and exercise. Thus the super large goals. Thanks for your support and encouragement. I will need it.

Also, thanks for the kind words about my stage work. It is something that I love very much. Maybe I'll torture you all with a "Music Man" video next.
    This is called growth. You're making strides and that is all that matters! My next goal is to reach 199.
    Georgette

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I haven't had the guts to read back through my journal. It's going to be such a whine-fest.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I haven't had the guts to read back through my journal. It's going to be such a whine-fest.
    ^same here^
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    ^lol again. Not sure I want to report that one.

The journal I read is my private notebook journal where I essentially talk to myself. It carries all my deepest thoughts. I even write some of it in Spanish so that prying eyes would have to make a real effort if they wanted to read it. It was a very powerful read. I'm afraid to read back in this one because the temptation would be great to delete some of it (ie viggo and some of the husband rants).

Yesterday, I went back to Belly Dancing class. I missed it and had forgotten how good the moves feel to my body. I seemed to be more coordinated as well in imitating the teacher's moves. HFLC?
    I think that I will continue to go to the class even if I am never invited to dance with the troop again. Last June when she asked me not to dance in the performance, I wrote her a letter of protest. I put it nicely, but I wanted her to know how disappointed was with the decision. My hips are on fire today.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    My hips are on fire today.
    I bet they are. I can't imagine the muscles involved in moving hips that way. Luckily I am a dude and don't have hips, well, not belly dancing hips. I'm glad you went back. It seemed to make you happy (stupid teacher decisions aside). As for journals, yeah, mine is pretty much 90% bitching. Oh well.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    A bitching sailor is a happy sailor..... or so I was told for 20 years as a sailor.....

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    A bitching sailor is a happy sailor..... or so I was told for 20 years as a sailor.....
    In that case I must be f*cking blissful. How the hell did you survive 20 years? A navy buddy of mine got out after 12. I asked him why he didn't just do the last 8. He said, "Imagine you have just eaten 12 pounds of baby sh*t. Now they want you to eat 8 pounds more. Are you going to do it? Hell no. I don't care what they tell you will be at the end."

That said my biological father did 20+ in the Navy and he seemed to enjoy it. Takes all kinds I suppose

I was a medic, and was independent duty, so I was my own boss, after a fashion..... it had it's moments both good and bad, mostly good though. I saw some wonderful places, worked with some really great folks, and survived the rest.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    I was a medic, and was independent duty, so I was my own boss, after a fashion..... it had it's moments both good and bad, mostly good though. I saw some wonderful places, worked with some really great folks, and survived the rest.
    Makes sense. That was one good thing about the Army, I got to travel. Not to the top vacation spots perhaps, but I did see some cool things.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Some of the places we went on my last deployment were some pretty freakin hot vacation spots...... french Riviera, Monaco etc.... then there was Bahrain.... the sand suck of the world. Met some VERY nice Brit stews in a pub there... from what I remember anyway..... you know what they say about drunk sailors... tiz true!