Page 425 of 1185 FirstFirst ... 325375415423424425426427435475525925 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,250 of 11843

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 425

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    hey, the "art of manliness" last week was about T levels for men, and Friday's post was about how to increase them with diet and exercise. I thought of your hubs. NOT that he needs to increase T, but that might be a motivator for him to do what he needs to do (essentially HIIT and Primal EMF!). good post.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    hey, the "art of manliness" last week was about T levels for men, and Friday's post was about how to increase them with diet and exercise. I thought of your hubs. NOT that he needs to increase T, but that might be a motivator for him to do what he needs to do (essentially HIIT and Primal EMF!). good post.
    My husband needs those posts as he gets a monthly testosterone injection... but he'd rather do it the easy way.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Paula, beautiful singing and acting! So glad to have been able to "see" your show.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Brownie points for the hubster! Okay, maybe we'll call them bacon points around here.

Squats are magical things .
    Bacon points are the new brownie points and much tastier

I think kegels help with that problem as well. I do them often.
    Georgette

yep, gotta work the kegels as we get older.

It is a great article and a really good blog, my DH reads it and he doesn't do any thing else like that at all (read blogs I mean)....How to Increase Testosterone Naturally | The Art of Manliness
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Wow - I very much enjoyed those video clips! I LOVE plays!

BIG goals on the table for you! I think we should ALL join you in those goals! I would love to lose 3+ pounds per week!! I'll have to bump up my walking and add some weights I think - and NO MORE RUM on the weekens!

Anyone else want to give it a shot?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I would love to lose my last 40 lbs in 3 short months... but I really think it would be an overzealous endeavor for me. I try not to set weight loss 'rate' goals as that is largely out of my control. I can set a goal weight, and strive to reach it by reaching other goals, but I hate to commit myself to losing at a certain rate b/c that just brings with it failure to perform stresses for me. I have enough stressors. lol

But I will be your biggest cheerleaders!!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I would love to try this but I know that would be lofty for me to say the least. I would be happy with 1-2 pounds per week and no more cheats for awhile. I may be losing more now, but I know it would peter out eventually. Plus, I am afraid of loose skin.
    Last edited by geostump; 01-22-2013 at 03:39 PM.
    Georgette

I do much better making goals that should result in weight loss than making a weight loss by a certain time type of goal. So I am willing to jump in on the more movement (even though studies have shown this has very little to do with weight loss on the scale) and the no cheating/stay on plan goals. And of course, always here to cheer you on!

Sexy is an attitude more than a look (I mean really, think Mick Jagger! I don't think he is sexy but many many people do), so I think you should include positive self talk in the mirror morning and night!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Today. I read my 2012 journal. Last year I was a slave to my binges and made absolutely no progress. It pissed me off as I read it. I am ready to move on and that means getting tougher on myself in the areas of self control, eating and exercise. Thus the super large goals. Thanks for your support and encouragement. I will need it.

Also, thanks for the kind words about my stage work. It is something that I love very much. Maybe I'll torture you all with a "Music Man" video next.