Page 422 of 1091 FirstFirst ... 322372412420421422423424432472522922 ... LastLast
Results 4,211 to 4,220 of 10905

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 422

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    the gowearfit likely gives more precise info than the fitbit, but the fitbit gives me what I need, and I had a problem with the idea of a monthly subscription fee, to DH monthly fees drive him way crazier than just paying a bigger price and being done with it. I don't want it to tell me calories burned because I don't believe it or use that info in calculating what I eat. Steps and sleep is all I care about. I have no idea how the fitbit knows I am awake versus just turning over, but it does. I have had nights (unfortunately very rare) where I have slept through without a wake up, and I know that I changed positions during the night because I take off my headphones in my sleep and wake up facing DH instead of away from him.

gotta love a 3 day weekend!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    The cool thing about the calories burned and the exercise METS, is that you can clearly see when you metabolism is firing up and what causes that. Since I exercise a lot, it is a good thing to know. In addition Most BMR calculators put my avg cals burned while just sitting around at 2400. The truth is on a lazy day, I actually burn only 2100-2300 cals. Since I do believe calories count in some ways, this information is important to me.

The fitbit did not exist when I got my GWF. I might have considered the FB otherwise, I still consider the $7.00 to be worth the extra perks that I get from my device.

This conversation will be helpful for others who are deciding between the two.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    No 3-day weekend for me . Enjoy yours! Glad you got some good sleep.

I'm curious about those wake-up periods overnight. Do you remember consciously waking at those times, or is more of a reading of your body coming out of a certain state, but you might not be consciously awake?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Ooh, a 3-day weekend. I'm envious! Have fun.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Oh, I definitely agree that calories do count in some way. I think for me, it would make me obsessive. Also, since I don't work out, there is less info to be had for me. It definitely depends on what you are looking to find out. At least with the GoWearFit you have the info if you want to use it later, the fitbit is not ever going to give you the metabolism info (at least not in its current iteration). Truthfully for me, the monthly fee was the deciding factor. I am sure it is worth it, but DH pays the bills and a monthly fee would have drove him nuts, which in turn would have trickled down to me, and that would not be worth it!

p.s. on the waking up during the night...for me 99% of the time I just remember I had a dream, because I usually wake right in the middle, the other 1% I actually remember waking up and turning over or something.
    Last edited by demuralist; 01-18-2013 at 06:07 AM. Reason: add p.s.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Given that both devices are about the same price, I will probably go with the one that offers me more, even if it also includes a monthly fee (I'm sure there's probably a way to pay a yearly due instead of paying monthly). Right now I am really interested in my sleep quality, but accurate calories would be interesting too. And it would probably motivate me to get up and move more to bring my calories expenditure up, much like a pedometer used to so i could see how high I could get my steps.

In comparison, Body Bugg does not do sleep patterns from what I saw online.

Irregardless, Brad and I need to be a freer place financially before I can justify the expense - even for a fitbit with no subscription fee.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

ACC. to GWF I was having at least one period per night where it felt that I was awake. I even asked my husband if I was sleep walking. On the graph sleep is black, laying down is grey and awake is white. I wish I could show you guys. Maybe I can save it as a picture. I was not conscious of being awake during the awake periods

The last 2 nights with 5htp, I have had no awake periods.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    We'll see if I win. I just bid on an open box, seemingly unused, Link.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I just got my fitbit back (left it at moms over the holidays). I really want to examine my sleep patterns besides my steps.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

It's Saturday again. Last Sat I binged after 12 clean days.

Today I have worked the plan so that I have more food available for the afternoon. I also made sure I was hydrated before, during and after the workout which amazingly burned 419 cals according to my GWF monitor.
    I have made plans for the day which include pampering and fun and maybe even a nap.

It could be a dangerous day because my husband is at work which makes binging easier, but I do not feel anxious as I did last week. Could be the 5htp at work as well. Sleep and mood are improving.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-19-2013 at 12:09 PM.