Page 420 of 1135 FirstFirst ... 320370410418419420421422430470520920 ... LastLast
Results 4,191 to 4,200 of 11341

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 420

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I wear my fitbit on my bra, or in a pant pocket, it is never visible. I also found it was more accurate for recording sleep when I put it in a pocket than when I wore it on my wrist. I am mostly pretty happy with it. I broke the clip that holds it to my bra and they sent me a new one within days, no charge no hassle. Nice people.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    The thing I didn't like was something the GoWearFit page said - that the fitbit is less accurate b/c it records physical movement, not biometrics, or something along that wording.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    It has seemed pretty spot on to me. The place where it isn't accurate is in flights of stairs, it always under counts those. It counts flights of stairs and you have to do a certain number of stairs at once it is not cumulative. So if your staircase is 18 steps and a "flight" is 10 you get one flight every time you climb the whole staircase. I saw where people were getting steps while riding in cars, etc. It hasn't happened to me. Also you can't cheat it like cheap pedometers (ie. shake it to add to your steps) you have to be moving forward while stepping supposedly. But it records my steps on the treadmill (and says pretty much the same thing that my Omron did.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I wish I would have been a part of this conversation several pages back.......... I have a good story about being pulled over!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I have the original gowearfit and I love it. It is now 3 years old. I can't imagine how much more cool and accurate the new ones are. The gowearfit and the bodybugg used to be essentially the same thing. I honestly don't understand how the fitbit works since it doesn't touch skin. Biometrics allows the GWF to measure actual calories burned, create a sleep graph which shows when you were sleeping as opposed to lying down, and measure exercise by METS. Get One!

I am going to try to post some info from my readout so you can see it.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Pebbles- I see that it requires a subscription or is that only for a few of them?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Yesterday
    http://activitymanager.bodymedia.com...eportSubtype=1

Today
    BodyMedia // Reach Your Health & Fitness Goals with BodyMedia FIT

Look at the sleep graph. 5 htp makes a huge difference in my wakefulness.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-17-2013 at 02:05 PM.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Those links only pull up the homepage for me. And my work computer really does not like their website... spinning circle of death forEVER! It literally took 5 minutes to pull up the page that lists places to buy.

I'm looking at eBay. Some as cheap as 50 some bucks brand new.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Yes the subscription for my GWF is $6.95/ month. Totally worth it. Chris does Fitbit have a site subscription?
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-17-2013 at 03:01 PM.

Sorry, it is possible that only I can see my pages. Basically, I usually have 10ish times when I am awake every night and even hour long periods of readings that say i am wide awake. Last night after 1 50 mg dose of 5 htp, I slept 2 3 hr stints with one wake up. I also woke up a few minutes before my alarm.