Page 420 of 997 FirstFirst ... 320370410418419420421422430470520920 ... LastLast
Results 4,191 to 4,200 of 9964

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 420

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Jenn - I have tried 5htp before, but I am not sure if it helps or not. The thing is that I have always been taking a ton of other supps and not been consistent with it. This time I am starting at the lowest dose, only taking it with magnesium and taking it at dinner rather than too close to bedtime. I'll keep reporting in. I wear the GoWearFit device which actually shows me my sleep pattern. I hope to see longer periods of uninterrupted sleep with fewer awake periods overall.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I wanted to get a fitbit but now I see that it's worn on the shirt? Odd. I'm looking at a GoWearFit device now. Which one do you have? I'm thinking of getting the core, but the pages aren't loading for me. *sigh*

A bodybugg would be cool too, but I think it's much bigger and bulkier than the GoWearFit.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Ok. I want one. Watching them on eBay. Might start squirrelling away my $25 a week allowance for one. Or I could just ask Brad.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I wear my fitbit on my bra, or in a pant pocket, it is never visible. I also found it was more accurate for recording sleep when I put it in a pocket than when I wore it on my wrist. I am mostly pretty happy with it. I broke the clip that holds it to my bra and they sent me a new one within days, no charge no hassle. Nice people.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

The thing I didn't like was something the GoWearFit page said - that the fitbit is less accurate b/c it records physical movement, not biometrics, or something along that wording.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    It has seemed pretty spot on to me. The place where it isn't accurate is in flights of stairs, it always under counts those. It counts flights of stairs and you have to do a certain number of stairs at once it is not cumulative. So if your staircase is 18 steps and a "flight" is 10 you get one flight every time you climb the whole staircase. I saw where people were getting steps while riding in cars, etc. It hasn't happened to me. Also you can't cheat it like cheap pedometers (ie. shake it to add to your steps) you have to be moving forward while stepping supposedly. But it records my steps on the treadmill (and says pretty much the same thing that my Omron did.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I wish I would have been a part of this conversation several pages back.......... I have a good story about being pulled over!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

I have the original gowearfit and I love it. It is now 3 years old. I can't imagine how much more cool and accurate the new ones are. The gowearfit and the bodybugg used to be essentially the same thing. I honestly don't understand how the fitbit works since it doesn't touch skin. Biometrics allows the GWF to measure actual calories burned, create a sleep graph which shows when you were sleeping as opposed to lying down, and measure exercise by METS. Get One!

I am going to try to post some info from my readout so you can see it.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Pebbles- I see that it requires a subscription or is that only for a few of them?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

PrimalCon New York
    Yesterday
    http://activitymanager.bodymedia.com...eportSubtype=1

Today
    BodyMedia // Reach Your Health & Fitness Goals with BodyMedia FIT

Look at the sleep graph. 5 htp makes a huge difference in my wakefulness.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-17-2013 at 02:05 PM.