Page 42 of 1075 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452921425421042 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 42

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well here is what I am thinking on the binging...it should be something that has at least some positive benefits, and it might be a good idea for it to be something that is either crazy filling or maybe that takes a long time to eat, and of course it has to fulfill the details of what you are really looking to eat or you will just keep eating until you get what your body wants, so.....

sweet bread based, maybe you could either make a MIM and put some lovely butter or coconut oil on it, or pre-bake some kind of primal bread that you could cut into portions and freeze, then take out and toast and dress as you 'needed' it. If you do one at a time chances are good that you would either be full or totally over the need by the time you went for the second one.

salty/crunchy, I like homemade jerky for this, and my son actually enjoyed helping me make this. But that is not crunchy, so what if you made flax seed crackers The Food Lovers' Primal Palate: Hot Pepper Hummus -scroll down to the cracker recipe. OR.....Gallery - chowstalker premake and freeze.

good luck
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Okay, Paula, love the pics! I did notice how much more self confidence you have in your Primalversary photos than you did in the before photo.

Yes, you ARE hot!!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Wow Paula!!!! Love you in the taupe colored dress!!! What a difference.

I've never had a psychic reading done. I've always wanted one just didn't ever want to pay for it.

I've been wanting to binge eat like mad lately. Not sure if its the PMS that's hitting, the stress at home or the sinus infection but I have been craving cake! I never crave that ever in my life. I've been wanting a swiss cake roll but with how grains affect me now, I don't want to eat it. Plus, I have never done any primal baking so I guess I shall do without.
    Georgette

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Chris Thanks for the great ideas. Maybe if I plan for the binges I will get by them at least a little healthier.

Georgette and Honeybuns thanks for the compliments. Geo I read your red velvet cake dream description. Yum.

Did I mention that I have a birthday party this weekend at Cheryl's house...If she starts in with "What is today's date?" I'm going to say "Oh Hell NO!".

dyin' to know if you won the lottery?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

You can't win if you don't play and I didn't. I figured the trip to the hospital was it. We all took long naps after that and then I went to the gym, so no time for the lottery.

Yesterday, we met some friends in NYC. Went to Katz's famous deli where "Harry met Sally", Toured St. Patrick's Cathedral and went up both the Empire State Building and the Top of the Rock. Stayed Primal until the Beer around the world incident with appetizers.
    F-it, the beer and fried food was good.

Mom had some friends visit, so she was well taken care of while we were gone.

Sounds like a fantastic day, and what the heck it is highly likely that you walked enough to need the carbs from the beer (that is my story and I am stickin to it!)
    Chris
    Unknown

Hey, thinkin about you, hope everything is ok.
    Chris
    Unknown

I've been reading MDA every day, but not posting. I am somewhat overwhelmed with life this week. Grades Due, Parent Night, TTOM, and Mom's situation. It's hard to be the center of so many other people's lives. Husband, Kids, Mom all need me to keep things functioning.

I am currently off Primal, but have a plan. I noticed recently that my body seems to like a slightly higher carb count. When I eat more carbs, I get stronger after gym workouts. So I will continue with the 50g protein breakfast and 3 meals/day, but I will add one serving of fruit or sweet potato (sometimes rice) daily. I checked on fitday and none of my choices are over 30g of carb. That will put me between 50 and 75. It may also help balance my hormones and allow for more clean days every month.

As Dory said...Just Keep Swimming.

Maybe you could add a meditative exercise at the gym to help with the stress-yoga, tai chi, you know.

I have recently decided that I needed to increase my carbs as well. I never totally got over the low-carb flu, so that is not gonna work. I am trying to increase it to 50g. I have added some wild frozen blueberries, not every day, working up gradually, and they seem to help.

well I am thinking about you, don't let the stress derail you.
    Chris
    Unknown