Page 419 of 1088 FirstFirst ... 319369409417418419420421429469519919 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,190 of 10879

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 419

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    parking on pavement..should you use a tree next time? pfffff
    I think that I plead guilty to parking on the sidewalk. lol

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Mine are flabbergasted that I got a speeding ticket. I was 8 months, very pregnant. When he told me to get out of the car I thought he would let me off once he saw how pregnant I was. Nope, he acted like he didn't even notice.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Sabine - that is a great story.

Jon and Chris - There is a particular stretch of road in FL that my husband hates driving and makes me drive on our trips to Sarasota. Maybe you've heard of it...301. I just love the speed trap warning billboards that someone paid for.
    Yes, there is some straight up lameness going on. It's like in AZ, if your tag is expired by more than 30 days the ticket is somewhere in the ballpark of $500. Given how expensive registration fees are in this state (true, I am used to FL where they are far cheaper so am biased) I can't imagine the dilema for someone making minimum wage between renewing their tag or risking the fine.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    My memory is that AAA actually warned their members about a stretch of 301, and the little town Jon mentioned. There are actually a few of these places. If you drive back roads in Florida you are going to go through one of them for sure.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Yesterday was a good clean food day. I feel as if I learned a lot about my binge eating disorder this week and am now acting on that knowledge. I have added 5htp back in to my evening supps because I think sleep is one of the keys. I also read an article about binge eating disorders and it all fit me. They suggested that low evening serotonin levels could be a cause of late binges. I'll attach the link to the article here for anyone who is interested.

I am grateful that it was a snowday and I didn't lose a personal day to go to court for an hour.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-17-2013 at 05:32 AM.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    If low evening serotonin levels are part of it (makes sense, since I think you primarily begin a binge in the evening?), you might benefit from taking 5-HTP in the late afternoon. "The Mood Cure" always recommends splitting up the dose, if possible (if it's not just 50mg or something fairly low), but says you can start as early as mid-afternoon (I imagine that's around 3PM) and take the rest of the dose with dinner. If it makes you sleepy, you can take it later. I take mine around dinner time and 60-90 min before bed.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I am currently going with 50 at dinner. I was taking 100 a while back, but sometimes had symptoms of too much serotonin. and Yes, I am an evening binger, usually between 7-10pm so I hope it will help.

I have also moved my mag to the same time. Taking either too late can be a problem for me.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Just stopping in say 'hi'. Hope you have a fantastic day. (I almost wrote TGIF, but I'm getting ahead of myself here).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Paula. Very interested in the 5HTP discussion as I have been rather pissy for about a month. Could be seasonal affective disorder, but I think it's mostly lack of quality sleep. Thanks for sharing your experience.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)