Page 418 of 1088 FirstFirst ... 318368408416417418419420428468518918 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,180 of 10879

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 418

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Shop Now
    Excellent! That's what happened to me when I was in an accident (forced off the road) and the trooper found me after I'd gotten the car turned back around and was getting ready to leave. Since the only damage was to my car (from sliding along the median), they had no reason not to reduce it. Plus I have a squeaky clean driving record . This happened in NY and I drove 4 hrs to the court to contest the ticket!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Speeding to parking on pavement... hmmm... seems logical. lol
    It was the officer who told me to plead not guilty because it was my first ticket. They still want to get paid however.

JudyCr is online now Senior Member
    That fine is still a ridiculous amount.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    parking on pavement..should you use a tree next time? pfffff
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    It was the officer who told me to plead not guilty because it was my first ticket. They still want to get paid however.

Ah, which again shows they do not care about making the roads safer but about getting money. Not that I am suggesting you are unsafe but why have speeding laws/fines if not to make the roads safer? Right, to make money. There was a town just south of where I went to university that got over half its town budget from speeding tickets. It is nuts.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    There are several tiny towns in west Texas that must get at least half their yearly revenue from speeders. Speed limit of the highway is 70, but at the entrance to each of these towns, usually obscured by a tree, is a sign that knocks it down to 30 or 45.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Canio, unfortunately, I believe I am too familiar with that town
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    An amusing tale: The only time I have been stopped for a speed-related offense, it was because I was driving too slowly. It was about 1am, on a little country road. Given the narrowness of the lanes and dark of night, I thought 35mph was an appropriate pace. The cop pulled me over, and after dazzling me with his floodlights for a while as he checked my tags, asked if I had been drinking. 'No,' I replied (honestly, as I am not much of a drinkers, even at 1am on a Saturday morning...or maybe, especially!). 'Well, where have you been, ma'am?' 'Scrapbooking!'. A LENGTHY conversation ensued as I tried to explain scrapbooking. He let me go, and asked me to pick up the pace, as the speed posted was 55, and some trucker might just run up into the back of me.

My kids love this story, and have told it to all their friends, as a capsule encounter of my personality.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Sabine - that is a great story.

Jon and Chris - There is a particular stretch of road in FL that my husband hates driving and makes me drive on our trips to Sarasota. Maybe you've heard of it...301. I just love the speed trap warning billboards that someone paid for.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Canio, unfortunately, I believe I am too familiar with that town
    If you have driven in North Central FL then you probably are. After I got my last speeding ticket, which happened to be in college, I was taking a driving course the state gives so you can avoid points on your license and a woman in the class was there because she had received a ticket in said town for going 1 mph over the limit. The instructor (a state trooper) said, "Waldo? Yeah, that town is ridiculous."

There is even a website about experiences there: Waldo Florida Speed Traps | The National Speed Trap Exchange
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony