Page 412 of 1184 FirstFirst ... 312362402410411412413414422462512912 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,120 of 11834

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 412

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    Been lurking a bit here but wanted to chime in with my well wishes for your MIL, and congratulations on your successes this week. You're an inspiration, lady.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    My calorie count is in the 1500's so I may not be too far behind you on higher cals.

My college experience caused me a lot of angst and depression. I actually think that I would have been better off going undecided instead of going in as a Theater major. IF I were to go back, I still have no clue what I would go back for. I don't think it'll happen for me.
    I still think about going back yet again b/c I keep changing my mind about what kind of degree I think I should have. After May this year, I'll have a master's degree but have been second guessing my choice in programs b/c everywhere I look requires BUSINESS degrees, not "leadership" degrees. But, where I work pays for the "leadership" degree, so I guess it must be worth something when it's either that degree or the MBA. Sometimes, since I'm so analytical, I wish I had chosen the MBA. I may go back again someday and work on the MBA. Brad would likely divorce me though. He's tired of me going to school.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    and ditto again. Nicely done P!
    4th ditto! Amazing work!

Glad MIL is doing well. I hope she recovers quickly.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    My Dh is a prof in a business school. He says they way that so many schools do MBA's now they are getting close to useless unless you get it from a very good school.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Has he had any dealings with St. Ambrose in Davenport, Iowa? Regionally, it's known for being a great school and resulting in great educations. Just wondering what your husband might think of it.

I could ask, but I think when he thinks good MBA school he is talking Yale, Harvard, Wharton, that kind of thing. Although I do seem to remember that one of the Iowa state universities has a very good program (I think in Ames?). If I am not mistaken MBA's are a lot about networking and connections.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Iowa State??? Screw that!! I'd rather lay on a bed of burning coals!! BOOOOO!!!

(lol)

We had a dear friend who taught in an MBA program at one of the Iowa schools, but I can never remember what city, so don't quote me on it. He is retired in Florida now.
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    So as I stand on the outer edge of this very rough week, I am feeling very contented and proud. I completed all of my work related tasks and was able to lead other teachers through a difficult process. I completed most of the grading that had piled up. My "to do" list for Monday is very short.
    I have 11 clean days on HFLC and was able to get through two near binge nights without eating anything non primal.
    This week also included TTOM and of course my MIL's health crisis.

I feel like I am mentally sharp and physically strong right now. Time for the gym. Have a great weekend everyone.

PS About mid week something cool happened to me that had nothing to do with weight loss. A fellow teacher and I were talking in the hall about how we only see each other at parent meetings and during exam week when she proctors my final exam. As we were parting, she said, "I've always wanted to tell you that I love your voice. It is so warm and comforting. Your students must love it too." She has a lot of experience with my voice because she has listened to me read the 45 min listening section of my final several times. Of course I thanked her, and walked away smiling.

It is so lovely that every once in a while someone tells you something wonderful that it is likely many people think and just don't bother to say. very sweet!
    Chris
    Unknown

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That really was very sweet; I love people like her.