Page 408 of 1126 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410418458508908 ... LastLast
Results 4,071 to 4,080 of 11260

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 408

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey, I'm almost 37 and still don't know what I want to be when I grown up. I know that isn't any consulation, but hell, I've made it this far lol.
    Georgette

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Jenn - The constant pressure is exactly what is wrong with their relationship. I tend not to add pressure on him and therefore become the "good cop" or "pushover parent" which is wrong as well.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I also went to a community college, stopped 2 hours short of my AA degree (my poor mom!). Then went to Beauty School. I did finish that, then after a couple of years used that to put myself through school. Everyone has to find their way in their own time. It will work out.

p.s. holy crap, 12 pounds and you are putting exceptions on it. Are you crazy? So what if it is 2 pounds more that pre-Christmas, it is 12 pounds less than 7 days ago, jeez girl!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post

p.s. holy crap, 12 pounds and you are putting exceptions on it. Are you crazy? So what if it is 2 pounds more that pre-Christmas, it is 12 pounds less than 7 days ago, jeez girl!
    what she said.

Also, I did CC to get the prerequisites out of the way and get my study skills crap together.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    I went straight to the University and am kicking myself for doing so. Even though FL is insanely cheap (relatively speaking) it still cost far more than it could have. Also, I could have lived rent free and worked more easily. Here is AZ the university is 5 times more expensive than CC. Let's see...Calc I with 20 people for $300 or Calc I with 300 people for $1500? Yeah, nothing wrong with a good community college.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Canio, UF? what year did you graduate? I graduated in 1991 ( I think).
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I got all my basics out of the way (except art and a couple GPA boosters) with AP tests and summer classes at the community college system in Dallas. In retrospect, I probably should have left a few more basic for GPA boosts, but C's make degrees.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Definitely this. You are kicking arse my friend!
    Georgette

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Definitely this. You are kicking arse my friend!
    and losing arse. At this rate there wont be any of it left. Wait, I am not sure I support this plan

kidding. keep up the good work P.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Forgot to check in here today.

Thanks guys for telling me about your college experiences. I consider you all successful adults so I imagine Billy will find his way too. He wants to apply to a few 4 yr state schools even though he is fine (as we are) with starting at the CC level and
    transferring later. Even I did not want to be a teacher until I was looking at grad school. I graduated from Wells with a BA in Spanish and a minor in Russian Studies. Then it hit me..."What the hell do I do with that degree?". Luckily, teaching was the right fit for me. lol

The EMF protocol is working out extremely well. I am probably eating a higher fat percentage (80%) and higher cals(1850) than almost everyone on the EMF thread, but It is working great for me. I lost 2 more lbs overnight (I know, not supposed to be weighing). So in total it took 8 days to lose what I put on in 7. Not bad.

Canio - Believe me there is still plenty of arse hanging out there. : )

NK - Love the "C's make degrees" quote. I will tell that one to my son and Husband.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-09-2013 at 08:13 AM.