Page 404 of 1176 FirstFirst ... 304354394402403404405406414454504904 ... LastLast
Results 4,031 to 4,040 of 11754

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 404

Primal Fuel
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I'm about to take a road trip and whoop somebody's ass...

Sorry, Paula, hubby was in the navy, so I's gotta beat up on you or Billy, but the intention was good...

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    LOL, I think I'll leave that spammer right where he is.

Thanks FW,

I'm sure you guys would like my husband if you met him and might even understand his side of things. Thanks for listening, the truth is that I don't have any close friends that I can lay this stuff on. I either put it here or keep it stuffed inside.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Excuse me, I need to round up a posse.
    *Aside* NM, FW, Canio, y'all in on this? */Aside*
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I second everything that everyone else has said. Ultimately, the decision about your sons education is his. Your husband will come to terms with it, I just hope your son can prove him wrong. Love ya!
    Georgette

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    I will only tell you my experience. My father was extremely verbally abusive to me. He was also an alcoholic. The things he said to/about me were disgusting and imprinted on my psyche .

I went on to be the first person in my very large extended family to get a college degree. I did it on my own and with a great deal of obstacles put in my path by my parents-- they wouldn't fill out the FAFSA (I did it using tax returns I found). They charged me rent when I came home to work in the summer. They never paid one penny toward my degree. They made it clear I wouldn't finish college and that I didn't have what it took to be a teacher.

I proved them wrong.

Years later, after I had my children, I realized that while my dad was the active abuser, my mother played, what I saw as, a bigger abusive role. You see while my father, an alcoholic, was obviously abusive, my mother -sober- allowed me to be be abused time and time again.

It took years of therapy to get past what both my parents did. And, if I'm honest, I see my mom as more culpable. I forgave them but I can never get back the lack of love and support I know I deserved and was denied.

And, when it was revealed that my ex abused his privilege to be the father of our children it solidified my belief that our marriage wasn't working and it was over. Childhood traumas have a tendency to play out in our adult lives until they get resolved.

I know if your son wants a college education he will find a way to achieve it-- no matter the roadblocks.

Thanks for sharing. I do not see my husband's actions as abusive. He truly wants what is best for Billy, but has an abrasive way of putting things. We talked again about the com college to 4yr school option. I can see his point and the cc in our town has both degree programs that Billy is interested in. I think that once B graduates, and has a definite plan, things will ease up between them.

As for what he said to me, well it is technically true and I was baiting him. The truth is, that he needs to make drastic health changes.
    Billy also needs to take charge of his future a little. He, like many teens, would play computer games all day and do nothing else, if we let him.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-05-2013 at 06:24 AM.

Starting Day 5 of HFLC. Hanging in there. Official 1st (partial) week weigh in is tomorrow morning. I switched from Fitday to My Fitness Pal because I have a droid app for it and they have cool tickers. Way more inspiring than a list of numbers.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Thinking of you, Pebbles, and sending prayers your way for a calm, pleasant day.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hope you have a GREAT day!
    -- Ruth