Page 401 of 1184 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403411451501901 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,010 of 11832

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 401

One reason Mrs. FW and I have such a sweet and enduring marriage is that we are both complete idiots. Simply absurd. With all the holiday crowds, I kept harrumphing about the zombie apocalypse, and sometimes spontaneously broke into zombie in the middle of Costco, for example. Mrs. FW perfected the zombie face. I ask Is it... the ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE?! And she gives me the prefect slackjawed expression of a brain-eater every time.

There are various other memes: she'll be talking away in the passenger seat and suddenly realize I'm "driving while asleep" (the eye away from her is open, but head is back, mouth agape). There's the "who can out-dumb the other," which is actually pretty nuanced - you have to have a sincere, deadpan expression and be able to speak in almost-sensible non-sequitur ("Why did though do there?", "Where did you doze that?", etc.). There's the goober face, which pops up frequently and unexpectedly. And more.

But yeah, Mrs. FW can read me like the proverbial Kindle. She often imitates the exasperation facec, as when we are separated in a big store and I find her a bit past the expiration point of my patience.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    One reason Mrs. FW and I have such a sweet and enduring marriage is that we are both complete idiots. Simply absurd. With all the holiday crowds, I kept harrumphing about the zombie apocalypse, and sometimes spontaneously broke into zombie in the middle of Costco, for example. Mrs. FW perfected the zombie face. I ask Is it... the ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE?! And she gives me the prefect slackjawed expression of a brain-eater every time.

There are various other memes: she'll be talking away in the passenger seat and suddenly realize I'm "driving while asleep" (the eye away from her is open, but head is back, mouth agape). There's the "who can out-dumb the other," which is actually pretty nuanced - you have to have a sincere, deadpan expression and be able to speak in almost-sensible non-sequitur ("Why did though do there?", "Where did you doze that?", etc.). There's the goober face, which pops up frequently and unexpectedly. And more.

But yeah, Mrs. FW can read me like the proverbial Kindle. She often imitates the exasperation facec, as when we are separated in a big store and I find her a bit past the expiration point of my patience.
    This sounds like myself and Mr. Stump. Even our kids do zombie walks and faces. If I look at him all lovey dovey, he'll look at me and say "AAACK!! Too cute, can't look at the cheeks!"
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Geek and I (well, mostly I) have our own language. Eep, mwarp, eepeep, meep, dokitay, eepedid, hokiday, doink, flailing eeps, and our own shorthand are the beginnings of it. There's even spinoffs of the language (the eep legality argument, the denied eep, the warrior doink.) We'll also see the same thing, look at each other, and bust a gut laughing.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Geek and I (well, mostly I) have our own language. Eep, mwarp, eepeep, meep, dokitay, eepedid, hokiday, doink, flailing eeps, and our own shorthand are the beginnings of it. There's even spinoffs of the language (the eep legality argument, the denied eep, the warrior doink.) We'll also see the same thing, look at each other, and bust a gut laughing.
    We also do something similar, finish each other sentences, etc. Last night, I did surprise the Mr. however. We were watching VH1's Top 40 R&B songs of the 1990's and as most of you know, I am a total rock chick. Back in the day, I did mix it up more and my husband was actually shocked that I knew most of the songs that they were talking about, and liked them. It's fun to throw a shock to your spouse after 17 years of togetherness.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Yep, sounds hopeless.

I swipe her thoughts a lot, too. Bring up a left-field topic and it's exactly what she's thinking of that moment. Freaks her the hell out, but I'm letting her think I have special powers.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    *vomits on all your lovey-doveyness*

No, but seriously, you all are adorable.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Yep, sounds hopeless.

I swipe her thoughts a lot, too. Bring up a left-field topic and it's exactly what she's thinking of that moment. Freaks her the hell out, but I'm letting her think I have special powers.
    Brad and I do this occasionally. It's like he reads my freaking mind!! Makes me worried about what else he's read...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Well, I'm glad you are all so in tune with your SOs.

Mine is making my life and our sons' lives miserable with his anxiety and constant pressure and criticism. When I try to show him what he is doing, he doesn't see it and can't accept it. I fear he is especially damaging our eldest son who is a bit of a screw up. All he sees is that Billy is messing up his life, but it comes out as anger instead of concern.

Honestly, I am currently emotionally distant from my husband most of the time. That or just plain angry.

Billy has a C average in school. Has no self motivation, is highly frustrated and has talked of "wishing he were dead". These issues came out when he reached HS. He was also concurrently diagnosed with ADD.

Yesterday Bill was looking in Billy's closet for his coat (Same coat-different sizes). He found that all of Billy's clean laundry was piled up in there instead of put away. He blew his top over it. When I got home, I worked with Billy to sort out his clothes. He just had too much stuff, much that he was not wearing.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-04-2013 at 11:24 AM.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about the hubby is causing such anxiety and anguish in the house. Have you considered counseling? A good marriage counselor will nail him to the wall on his behavior. I wonder if hubby had especially critical parents?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    He literally can't see it.

What if you videotaped his behavior towards Billy and showed it to him?