Page 40 of 1088 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250901405401040 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 40

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks Georgette, P.E. is a Pulmonary Embolism. I am still not up to a strength where I feel comfortable doing serious exercise anyway, and I am not dedicated enough to it that I would consider it if I don't feel good. But I do walk around, and more and more as I feel up to it.

Know we are with you in Spirit Paula! don't forget to take care of yourself too.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Hi Georgette, thanks for the support. Chris and I share the dubious distinction of surviving PEs. 35% of people do not. I had two clots, one in each lung. I will be on blood thinners for the rest of my life.

Chris, on the exercise thing, I was lucky enough to have been weight training in the gym for 6 months before my PEs. That was one of the factors that saved me. I went back to the gym 4 weeks after the event. It took a long time to get my strength back, but LHT workouts have been key to weightloss. Have you downloaded the free fitness e-book? If I didn't have the gym, I would do that. Paleobird uses that plan and has had amazing results at age 50.

ETA Sorry Chris, I just reread your post about starting the 5 movements. Long Day.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 09-23-2011 at 06:27 PM.

Happy Primal'versary to me

Here's a teaser for all my MDA friends. I was rewarded with a new low on the scale today plus more inches lost, a lower bf% and bmi. I will make a full report after I return from my official weigh in at WW.

You are up early on a Saturday!!! What a great tease, can't wait to celebrate with you!

DS is going to use the 5 essential movements as part of a school project which starts mid October so he and I will start it then together. Slow and steady will win the race.

Paula, I know that the stress right now must be very hard and I want to put in a plug to remind you that you feel better and probably handle the stress better if you can manage to stay on program.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

wow, I did not realize that 35% of people with PEs don't survive. No wonder the doctors were so freaked when they found it! I never looked it up. I went from calling the doc at 1pm to say I had a stitch in my side that would not go away, to going through some variety of tests and ending up in the emergency by 3:30, never got to the computer to check it till I was out of the hospital. By then I felt like I was over it so I never did bother to go back and check. Scarey, hope my kids didn't check.
    Chris
    Unknown

Chris, I hope that info about PEs makes you feel better rather than worse.

Unfortunately, I am married to an RN. He made sure I realized how lucky I was even going as far as to tell me that all the staff in the ICU were looking at my CT scans and marveling at how I was alive and speaking to them. My case was extreme as both sides of my lungs were blocked. By the time I realized that it wasn't asthma, 12 hrs after onset of symptoms, blood was backing up into my heart and I was giving off heart attack enzymes. I wasn't allowed to eat or get out of bed for 24 hrs...my 1st IF.

Primal'versary Report

Weight 210.2 Down 66lbs
    BF% 35.3 Down from 45
    BMI 30.3 Down from 40.3 (Yay almost overweight instead of obese!)
    Inches lost 46 / 40-32-43 Down from 53-45-51 (Hourglass baby! Of course I always had it...it was just a bigger hourglass)

I will take pics tomorrow morning and post them by lunchtime.

I am also proud of myself today because I am just finishing my first 24 hr fast since I was in the hospital last year (that one wasn't voluntary).
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 09-24-2011 at 12:28 PM.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Congrats Paula!!!! In the immortal words of comedian Gabriel Iglesias, "I'm a sexy beetch!" You go girl!!!!
    Georgette

Paula, rockin the Primal, you go girl!!!! Congrats. tiny waist!

Georgette, you made me smile.

ok, so regarding the PE's, did not even know that was possible, blood backing up into the heart. I do feel extremely lucky and grateful. also glad I didn't know that while I was in the hospital! I had them in both lungs, 1 in the left, and 3 in the right, but they were at the end of the bronchia so not nearly as severe as yours (I don't think?). They were surprised I was not in pain. I felt fine as long as I didn't have to lay flat on my back-not my fav position anyway.
    Chris
    Unknown

So I guess they usually come in multiples? I had two big ones That were luckily low enough for me to breathe a little. Maybe my heart thing was so severe because I waited so long to go to the hospital. Sometimes I can be an oblivious idiot.

I was also grateful that I had been Primal for 3 weeks and so had a stay alive plan in place. I ordered from the gluten free menu and did pretty well.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 09-24-2011 at 12:37 PM.