Page 398 of 1078 FirstFirst ... 298348388396397398399400408448498898 ... LastLast
Results 3,971 to 3,980 of 10772

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 398

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Happy New Year Paula! I love the resolutions!! I agree that once the cheese is gone, the only dairy is butter and cream. Cheese does a number on me too.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Happy New Year! Today is the 2 year anniversary of this journal.

Resolutions Last night I gathered nice paper and pens and invited my boys to join me in writing down plans for the new year. Sadly, my list is the only one posted in the kitchen. Men!
    I hope to revisit these every month to keep me on track.

Exercise at the gym 3x/week minimum.
    (I am paying $40 / month for my local gym. For the last 6 months, I have only averaged 1 visit / week. I love it, but I have to use it otherwise it is not worth the price.)

Strive to live grain and sugar free.
    (A nice, positive way to look at it. Unfortunately, half measures don't work for me.)

Create a Budget, Follow it. Pay bills on time. Save Money.
    (Goal 1:To improve credit score and refi new car)

Organize and Purge one room or house section / month.
    (Preparing for the FH yard sale on Memorial Day Weekend.)

Read 1 non fiction book / month.
    (I will be concentrating on paleo books to start.)
    I love your goals for the year! Especially the financial and housekeeping ones. Actually, even the weight related ones are awesome. I think I will use yours as inspiration.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Nice resolutions P. I hope they work out for you
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Happy New Year! Nice goals! Here's hoping you canmake them work.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Clint and I have to take a budgeting course as part of bankruptcy filing this year. If you need any thoughts on it, I can give you some ideas from what they tell us. Good luck!
    Georgette

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Happy New Year!

The list of goals is wonderful! and DOABLE!

Here's to a wonderful 2013!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Lost 6 lbs in one day. Yes, I am trying to weigh once a week, but I needed to know if my pants were going to fit. lol
    I promise to stay off until Sunday Morning.

At school with a ton of work to do. I will be on again at the end of the day if I can.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    1 new book a month (any book) is a good goal for me. I read over 20 books last year, but some of them were crammed all together, parts of series. I read over 30 the year before, but again, was mostly new series that I plowed through. I'd love to read lots of new paleo books. I've still never read most of the ones talked about in the community!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

My goals: flip the wine-to-exercise ratio back to where it should be; fewer Primal cheats; dive into the genealogy and family photo album scanning projects; spend more time writing; possibly assemble a cookbook.

I usually have two books going simultaneously, often a fiction and a non-. Should really cut out TV before bed and replace it with reading. Current lunchtime book is Harumi Murakami's Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World, which is weird even for Murakami, but of course I love it. Dance Dance Dance is next up, and I am already sad for the day when I run out of Murakami to read. The home reading is Umberto Eco's Prague Cemetery, and while I decided against going nuclear on this one and killing it halfway through, it's not particularly enjoyable, I must say. I really don't care about it, and feel it's an ugly book that presumes a lot of the reader and perhaps skates on Eco's rep from Name of the Rose and Foucault's Pendulum. Next up: surprise gift from Mrs. FW for Christmas, Ray Kurzweil's How to Create a Mind: The Secret of Human Thought Revealed, which takes me back to my lay interest in neurology and consciousness (Oliver Sacks, Julian Jaynes, et al.). To me, reading is like breathing and eating.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    NW - I tend to get sucked into romance novels as an avoidance habit. No fiction for me.

FW - Sounds like some deep reading.

I plan to read my paleo collection first plus some cookbooks. I want to learn to use my crockpot for primal cooking.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-02-2013 at 10:22 AM.